PDA

View Full Version : Rare Keeps Perfect Dark, Banjo, and Conker

DeathKnightMaF
09-20-2002, 08:07 PM
Click here (http://money.cnn.com/2002/09/20/news/deals/rare/index.htm)

Enjoy! :D

wweomaniac
09-20-2002, 08:20 PM
Very nice find!

Nintendo will retain exclusive rights for most original properties and franchises featured in games developed by Rare, including Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong and Star Fox. Rare, though, will retain rights to the characters it created independently, including the "Perfect Dark," "Conker" and "Banjo-Kazooie" franchises. "Perfect Dark" sold more than 1 million copies (earning more than $55 million), and will likely make its way to the Xbox. Banjo-Kazooie and Conker games are also likely.

carlbme
09-20-2002, 10:29 PM
Sweet, I hope we get a conker game. Rated M of course :)

Bigwig
09-21-2002, 04:23 AM
Rare holds 40% of nintendos shares So maybe this will be a slow takeover cuzz we all know Star Fox on Xbox live would rock.

Afro Aura
09-21-2002, 05:31 AM
Hmmm $400-500 million I know Rare a pretty cool developers but I don't think they are worth that amount of silly money, I just hope Rare will be able to guarantee MS quality games for the money they've been payed for
:confused:

lefiend
09-21-2002, 09:35 AM
u know what this means?

we get perfect dark and conker, HELL YEA!!!!!!

odpr
09-21-2002, 11:13 AM
I think that it's nice that microsft bought rare, but still... rare I wouldn't fight for rare that much!!! nintendo is probebly laughing at microsft right now... not only they bought it in so much money, they don't get the major hits that they got....!!!

so they only have perfect dark, another halo...

so ....what rare is planing anyone ?

Kortiz
09-21-2002, 11:19 AM
microsoft has something up their sleeves.

X-Ray
09-21-2002, 01:21 PM
Perfect Dark is going to be incredible, espescially on LIVE!

JeremyX
09-21-2002, 03:55 PM
I agree with odpr. Perfect Dark is just a lesser Halo. Why should I drive in a VW when I could roll in a BMW!? :rolleyes:

Gaseoussnake
09-21-2002, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by odpr
I think that it's nice that microsft bought rare, but still... rare I wouldn't fight for rare that much!!! nintendo is probebly laughing at microsft right now... not only they bought it in so much money, they don't get the major hits that they got....!!!

so they only have perfect dark, another halo...

so ....what rare is planing anyone ?

The money given to nintendo by M$ for Rare is ridiculus.M$ seems to forget that rare isnt RARE anymore.Alot of guys have fled the company.

Jarvis
09-21-2002, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Gaseoussnake

The money given to nintendo by M$ for Rare is ridiculus.M$ seems to forget that rare isnt RARE anymore.Alot of guys have fled the company.

think ms is strapped for cash? don't think so.

they should buy out every great dev that they can.

just because we don't get a few of the games that made them super popular doesn't mean rare perhaps won't be making new games that rival those ones. at least they have it in them.

and about people leaving the company: on every takeover there are disgruntled employees who either don't like it or leave, the numbers are normally 4-5% of the employees.

saying a lot of guys have fled is a scare tactic, but it's completely untrue from the reports i've read.

-jarvis

Bigwig
09-21-2002, 05:13 PM
If 40% on nintendo cost them half a billion then 60% should cost them 3/4 billion. This is an obvious take over. Xbox 2 will have Mario, and Zelda. And stupid republicans got on Clinton when he said MS is a monopoly.

odpr
09-21-2002, 05:21 PM
nothing good will come out of them...

they should start buying sega!, tecmo!,rockstar...:) I am sure that giving this amount of money to rockstar would cuz them to think twice on exculisv ps..

u can see very clearly how much ms is new in the bloxk, they have no idea on what they are doing...

Gaseoussnake
09-21-2002, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by odpr
nothing good will come out of them...

they should start buying sega!, tecmo!,rockstar...:) I am sure that giving this amount of money to rockstar would cuz them to think twice on exculisv ps..

u can see very clearly how much ms is new in the bloxk, they have no idea on what they are doing...

EXACTLY:confused:

M$ thinks that they can get every single developer by just buying them out?They forget that they also run another market

DIGITAL
09-21-2002, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Bigwig
Rare holds 40% of nintendos shares So maybe this will be a slow takeover cuzz we all know Star Fox on Xbox live would rock. if you read the post you would know that nintendo is keeping the star fox title an donkeny kong title

DIGITAL
09-21-2002, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Bigwig
If 40% on nintendo cost them half a billion then 60% should cost them 3/4 billion. This is an obvious take over. Xbox 2 will have Mario, and Zelda. And stupid republicans got on Clinton when he said MS is a monopoly. wtf are you talking about,microsoft bought rare not part of nintendo once again read before you post!!!!

SlightlySycho
09-21-2002, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by JeremyX
I agree with odpr. Perfect Dark is just a lesser Halo. Why should I drive in a VW when I could roll in a BMW!? :rolleyes: Agreed, Halo is much better designed in the actual main game aspect. But PD kicks Halo's sorry little ***** @$$ on the multiplayer front.;)

I'm joking, by the way. But PD does have a better multiplayer game.

bjones7259
09-21-2002, 08:10 PM
yes i agree rare has made some great games...but the only reason ps2 still sells is gta. think what rockstar would do if microsoft waved 500 million dallars in their face... i think we would see a better more improved verion of grand theft auto sooner than you thought possible and xbox would have another system seller.

mrmp3
09-21-2002, 10:31 PM
Conker's and PD. That's all I care about. I personally think Rare wanted to hop on board because Xbox is the most powerful system and Nintendo really has no plans for online gaming. Conker's Bad Fur Day is defintely on my top 5 best games of all time and I am dying to see the foul-mouthed, beer drinking squirrel on Xbox ASAP. Speaking of GTA and Rockstar, my PS2 fanboys actually have something to brag about that Xbox doesn't have. LOL I haven't heard crap about how great there system is since like January. Besides, Microsoft doesn't buy companies just cause they can. They usually got somethin up their sleeves. Look at what happened when they bought Bungie and look how good that turned out. Signing off...

The Informer
09-22-2002, 12:35 AM
You notice the only reason M$ gets good games is by buying out other companies? Could M$ actually be competent enough to produce high quality 1st party games for Xbox?

odpr
09-22-2002, 05:20 AM
micorsft, is a software giant! , the funny thing is that they don't say to themselvs, ok, what is the prob here, gta?

let's program in few months a game similer to gta that top it ten times better! Imean one thing they know to do better then sony is to program! so ******* it! do it!

and next time buy rockstar!!! not rare!

Kortiz
09-22-2002, 11:27 AM
im sure glad we all know better then MS does! :rolleyes:

peejay2288
09-22-2002, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Gaseoussnake

$400-$500 million. um...wow. No really, think about it my freind. Bill Gates is a billionare what is a few million gonna do to him? And we still get a few quality games that we know will bring in some money. Just sit back and watch Micro Soft take over the gaming industry piece by piece.