PDA

View Full Version : Nascar Thunder 2003 LEADS THE PACK!!!!

Zion
09-20-2002, 08:38 PM
Leads the pack in the race for the title of 'worst graphics ever in an Xbox game', that is.

Man was I pumped for this game. The first time I played it I actually had to check and make sure I didn't get a PS1 game that somehow managed to run in my Xbox. The graphics are that bad.

Gameplay is good, I love the draft meter. Crashes seem un-spectacular. Handling is pure arcadish..may be good, may be bad. I quit playing Nascar Heat because the car wasn't arcade enough (I couldn't even do a full lap at a road course) so I might actually enjoy this game better, even though the graphics are truly awful.

I just can't believe how lazy EA has become. No, wait...yes I can.

Because of this, I think I shall cancel my pre-order for Need For Speed Hot Pursuit. EA is purely crap.

BullitNC
09-20-2002, 11:50 PM
Did you expect the graphics to be hot rodded up for the XBOX? EA sucks....and they do not like MS....therefore they will always ship a shoddy product for the XBOX.

Zion
09-21-2002, 01:31 AM
I expected the graphics to surpass last year's Nascar Heat. I thought SURELY since EA's Thunder got it's arse stomped in last year by the far superior Heat that EA would get the rag out and pull out all the stops this year. I thought SURELY since EA had a full year to catch up and surpass Infogrames graphic quality, Thunder would have the best graphics of any racing game to date.

I expected the graphics to be better than Heat. I would have been happy if the graphics were as good as Heat. But this is just awful. EA should be sued for putting out such a bad product...but the darn gameplay is good. Oh well.

Halo Evolved
09-21-2002, 03:25 PM
Well, the poor graphics might be a result from use of debris when the cars collide and simply because there are alot of cars on the track at the same time in a race....I have not played this game but yet I still offer to anylize the situation.

TheGiant99
09-21-2002, 10:30 PM
I just rented this game and to be honest I really like it. The graphics are pretty good. Dont get me wrong they arent as good as GT2k2 but the are better than last years Nascar. The career mode is sweet and very deep. The create a car is good and has alot of options. I would have to give it a 8 out of 10. Plus it unlocked cards in my Madden Game "SWEET"

Zion
09-22-2002, 12:17 AM
Yeah, the game itself is great. I just hate the PS1 level graphics. That's EA for ya.

Zion
09-22-2002, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by Halo Evolved
Well, the poor graphics might be a result from use of debris when the cars collide and simply because there are alot of cars on the track at the same time in a race....I have not played this game but yet I still offer to anylize the situation.

No, the poor graphics are a result of EA being too lazy to make the Xbox version any better than the Playstation version.

Nascar Heat FROM A YEAR AGO had 10 times better graphics, with car debris and a full 43 car field. There's just no other explaination. EA just sucks.