PDA

View Full Version : Xbox News! Good/Bad, Hands-on,supply

mwc115
11-10-2001, 11:13 PM
Well... I got to play a few kiosks today. I was thinking about my pre-order and wanted to make sure I wanted the Xbox instead of a PS2. I was at Best Buy and played NFL Fever. That game kicks ass. Although, I went into practice mode and started doing some offensive plays. During one of them, I ran in a touchdown and the game locked up. That was not cool. The sound did that awful repeat thing, and I couldn't get to the reset button. I moved onto Comp USA, and they had 4x4 EVO 2 on their kiosk. That game is just too **** cool. The gfx and game play rock, if you like that kind of thing. I think I'm going that route before I get to street racing. Even though it locked up, the graphics still kick so much ass I'm not worrying about it. I also talked to the guy at Best Buy. He said they will have about 70 units for sale on Thursday. That seems like a lot. I don't know about all of your, but I live in the Phoenix area, so there is a Best Buys, Sam's Club, Walmart, Target, CompUSA, Ultimate Electronics, and of course the mall stores within about 1 mile. I don't think people around here will have any trouble walking into a store and picking on up on Thursday.

Hilbe
11-10-2001, 11:22 PM
I called around here to see what the biggies would have in a college town (Bloomington, IN). Here was the break down:

Software Etc.: Presold 70, probably will get 20.
Sams Club: Just got PS2 a few weeks ago...
Target: 12 units, first come first serve.
Walmart: 15 units, first come first serve.

I live about 1/2 mile from Walmart, I'm going to head over there at noon on Wed. and see if there is a line. I have a preorder with EBGames for the 19th, but I still want it on release. Walmart sold me 4x4 Evo 2 already and an Xbox controller, so I'm happy with what I have so far...I want the **** box!

kiz10
11-10-2001, 11:25 PM
I cant stop complaining. I'm from Australia and we have to wait until March for the Xbox to come out. So i just sit down down for hours staring at my signature with all those games.

sinisterdesign
11-10-2001, 11:34 PM
i decided not to even TRY to get in a line at one of the local stores (i live in downtown san fran) so i preordered online. Eletronics Boutique still has their preorder screen up & seems to be taking orders:

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/ads/promos/xbox-bundle/

the FAQ says that the order is shipping on the 15th, so it may be a few extras days than walking out of CompUSA on release day, but at least i know i'm guaranteed one (without camping out on any sidewalk!)

good luck to everyone...;)

dm