PDA

View Full Version : Lack of advertising for Xbox

adzmullz1
09-22-2002, 12:29 PM
I'm not sure about in the U.S or Japan , but here in Europe there is ZERO advertising for Xbox . Meanwhile , Nintendo often put out commercials for new games , and Sony are one of the official sponsors for the UEFA Champions League (The biggest football competition in europe) which is viewed by 90% of Europes population .
I think Microsoft , with all the money they have , should make some commercials , possibly with some sort of sport star or movie star , and start sponsoring some major competitions. By the way , the Dreamcast had ZERO advertising........................Being a proud Xbox owner , i don't want to see it go down the same path as Sega's failed system :mad:

Zion
09-22-2002, 12:31 PM
I can't turn on the TV without seeing an Xbox commercial!

WuR WyDe HuStLa
09-22-2002, 01:05 PM
xbox sponsored the NOPI drag racing cmpetition with the fast and the furious cars...and the bikini show w00t w00t...i saw it this morning

btw i see a few xbox ads for games like dead to rights...halo...nfl fever 2003

canadianboi3
09-22-2002, 01:17 PM
sponsered lots of x-games events and wakeboarding or something like that....or was it dirtbiking...oh well they sponsor sporting events.

peejay2288
09-22-2002, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by adzmullz1
i don't want to see it go down the same path as Sega's failed system :mad:

I assure you that won't happen my freind. :)

Angell
09-22-2002, 01:30 PM
I see only the dead to rights commercial and thats far and few between..... but I am in the middle of no where....:rolleyes:

adzmullz1
09-22-2002, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by WuR WyDe HuStLa
xbox sponsored the NOPI drag racing cmpetition

Oh , yeah , right . :confused: . It's not exactly the UEFA champions league is it . If microsoft was a sponsor of the NFL or NBA , then i would be impressed.

adzmullz1
09-22-2002, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by WuR WyDe HuStLa

btw i see a few xbox ads for games like dead to rights...halo...nfl fever 2003

Ok , but you don't live in Europe . Which means your comment is pointless . Clearly , there is sponsorship in the U.S , but i think that if Microsoft wants the Xbox to be a success , they should start advertising and sponsoring here in Europe and in Japan.

canadianboi3
09-23-2002, 05:26 PM
a system does absolutely no good if it's only popular in canada and usa. Even if its the hottest system here, if it's failing evrywhere else, that maybe will hurt us, and our xboxes

Tyan
09-23-2002, 07:31 PM
Living in the US, I notice there are far more advertisements for both gamecube and PS2. I think that PS2 takes the cake imo. I really only notice xbox ads on tv when either moto-cross or wrestling is on. I notice gamecube and PS2 ads on all the time. just my two pence.

adzmullz1
10-06-2002, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by canadianboi3
a system does absolutely no good if it's only popular in canada and usa. Even if its the hottest system here, if it's failing evrywhere else, that maybe will hurt us, and our xboxes

Very , very true. :(

Shadow20002
10-06-2002, 03:30 PM
Maybe we could help the situation of Xbox. I know we can do nothing for the ads on TV and mags but how about populate it online ? Making a website, banners, links to xbox stuffs, that's could help a lots... ;)

Kaniele
10-06-2002, 04:42 PM
At The Network Associates Coliseum in Oakland, California, they have 3 panels that say XBox, and every replay is opened with "Xbox Replay" and they show the action and it says "That was your Xbox Replay" :D

Bigwig
10-06-2002, 10:06 PM
I'm in LA CA and the only commercial I see is Dead to Rights

peejay2288
10-06-2002, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Shadow20002
Maybe we could help the situation of Xbox. I know we can do nothing for the ads on TV and mags but how about populate it online ? Making a website, banners, links to xbox stuffs, that's could help a lots... ;)

go ahead, get to work.
I'll set my ass here and watch you.