PDA

View Full Version : If you could only play one game on your XBOX …?

aj142
09-22-2002, 05:43 PM
This will be a true test of which games are worth having. Imagine you could only get one. Knowing what you know now, which game would you want to have with you if your plane crashed and all that was left was you, your console and one game on a deserted island (that just happens to have two electrical outlets and a T.V. set!)…?

KviK
09-22-2002, 05:51 PM
warning, next few replies will be halo.

xboxmaster2002
09-22-2002, 05:57 PM
phantasy star online

CrazyCougar
09-22-2002, 05:59 PM
NFL 2k3 ( Halo? no thanks)

xboxmaster2002
09-22-2002, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by CrazyCougar
NFL 2k3 ( Halo? no thanks)

oh 2k3 would be fun BTW does this island or whatever have the internet because if it doesnt i dont want PSO i woul say 2k3 then

wweomaniac
09-22-2002, 06:12 PM
If I were stuck on an island, I would play Fuzion Frenzy. That game has tonnes of modes and it wont get me frustrated (more then I already would be) if I were on an island.

Otherwise, it would be Halo, because I don't play xbox that much anyway.. so a bit of halo won't be tiring.

Chronman420
09-22-2002, 06:45 PM
Halo. If Halo 2 was out it would be Halo 2.

Goku_69
09-22-2002, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Chronman420
Halo. If Halo 2 was out it would be Halo 2.

Yep same here:cool:

japes1
09-22-2002, 07:08 PM
I am beginning to think that gameplay is more important than graphics. Hitman2.

Zion
09-22-2002, 07:15 PM
I'd have to say either Moto GP or NHL Hitz.

Xtopia
09-22-2002, 07:21 PM
Maybe Morrowind...I'm currently sick of it..but you can so much!

Other than that, maybe Counter Strike with infinite mods!

DarkMatter
09-22-2002, 07:42 PM
Hmm....If I could ONLY pick 1? I would probably kill my self:eek:

coolerf150
09-22-2002, 07:53 PM
Picking one would be hard.... but I would have to choose unreal championship online....Online Gaming would never get old....

Then HALO..

:cool:

MixMasta
09-22-2002, 07:57 PM
morrowind at the moment

halo i have beaten soooo many times, and u need friends for the multiplayer(since u are alone on an island) and morrowind can go on and on and on and on and on.......

peejay2288
09-22-2002, 11:13 PM
Halo and NFL 2K3

Dre
09-22-2002, 11:16 PM
I haven't played it yet, but I'd pick to not have a game at first and then get an air drop of Project Ego when it comes out :D :D:p :rolleyes:

aj142
09-23-2002, 11:35 AM
Now, if I was completely alone, I would agree with Morrowind. If, as luck would have it, someone else was stranded with me... like, I dunno, Carmen Electra or any one of the babes in the signatures of this thread:p ... in between attempts to re-populate the island, I would want to have a good fps or fighter, such as Halo or Mortal Komat 5 (whenever that damn game comes out).

Shadow20002
09-23-2002, 11:48 AM
I am fully agree with Morrowind. This game has something like near the infinite number things to do. So if i'm stuck on island, i will choose Morrowind.

PS: Between, i think this game is the biggest rpg of all the time. :cool:

OppiumNitrates
09-23-2002, 12:09 PM
if i could playt online somehow . . Halo handsdown

if only single player Morrowind

l Maximus l
09-23-2002, 01:29 PM
Unreal Championship or Halo.

Man, I really hope Unreal Championship holds up to the greatness of Halo's multi-player....I can't wait to find out!

Casper
09-23-2002, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
Unreal Championship or Halo.

Man, I really hope Unreal Championship holds up to the greatness of Halo's multi-player....I can't wait to find out!

Bots will be the only difference in online capability that I could see. Maxy, how have ya been man? Good to see ya enjoying the day off...I think...anywho...hope all is well :)

l Maximus l
09-23-2002, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by casper

Bots will be the only difference in online capability that I could see. Maxy, how have ya been man? Good to see ya enjoying the day off...I think...anywho...hope all is well :)

Dude, it's all good... It's great to be able to chill here during the day (which I am able to do so once a week - on Mondays) just like the good old days :D Now, it's pretty much only evenings and stuff. Man, I miss the day crew :D

And yes, bots are going to be huge. I think it's bad ass that they are implementing an engine that will allow the bots to improve as you improve your gaming ability while playing Unreal Championship. They pretty much match your skill. But, I am really stoked about the on-line aspect of the game...I mean, the unpredictable nature of human intelligence is so awesome. Besides, who doesn't like to do the hump move after you kill someone in Halo???? :confused: :D

OppiumNitrates
09-23-2002, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA

Dude, it's all good... It's great to be able to chill here during the day (which I am able to do so once a week - on Mondays) just like the good old days :D Now, it's pretty much only evenings and stuff. Man, I miss the day crew :D

And yes, bots are going to be huge. I think it's bad ass that they are implementing an engine that will allow the bots to improve as you improve your gaming ability while playing Unreal Championship. They pretty much match your skill. But, I am really stoked about the on-line aspect of the game...I mean, the unpredictable nature of human intelligence is so awesome. Besides, who doesn't like to do the hump move after you kill someone in Halo???? :confused: :D

Well i hope you really like BOTs cauz thats all there is to play against if your not online. . . . UC doesn't really have as story mode like Halo just a single player mode that u can fight bots in the mulit player maps. . . . . I tryed UT and honestly, it's a button masher compared to Halo. . .. Halo has skill and stratagy(recharging shield so you have to keep attaing the enemy or the damage done will be repaired, only holding 2 wepons so u cant have every gun and all the ammo with your opponets r stuck with the worst wepons) and I dont see the same from UT but I'm hoping UC will be differnt

Dre
09-23-2002, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by OppiumNitrates

Well i hope you really like BOTs cauz thats all there is to play against if your not online. . . . UC doesn't really have as story mode like Halo just a single player mode that u can fight bots in the mulit player maps. . . . . I tryed UT and honestly, it's a button masher compared to Halo. . .. Halo has skill and stratagy(recharging shield so you have to keep attaing the enemy or the damage done will be repaired, only holding 2 wepons so u cant have every gun and all the ammo with your opponets r stuck with the worst wepons) and I dont see the same from UT but I'm hoping UC will be differnt

You make a good point. UC seems more of an intense fast-paced non stop in your face speedy killin fest. Which isn't bad... but probably not as much strategy as Halo is involved. Guess we'll just have to wait and see though, I hope I am wrong and UC has all those things plus strat.

Whisper
09-23-2002, 02:38 PM
NHL 2002

or... if I were stranded and wanted to kill myself:

kabuki warriors

Snoopy7548
09-23-2002, 02:41 PM
virtual sex 2. ha, that game provides hours of enjoyment:D :)

JimmieDoogan
09-23-2002, 03:14 PM
If its as good as the hype, then Project EGO. I can't bloody wait, and from what I understand, it would really be the only game I'd need for a really long time. Heh...

aj142
09-24-2002, 11:49 AM
Does anyone know if Unreal Championship is going to be as nice and bloody as Unreal Tournament?? That was what caused me to fall in love with UT... "(rocket) swoooooooosh..... (victim screams) AAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!! (victim explodes) SPLAT!" I really hope they keep the new one just as deliciously violent. Perhaps I have some pent-up inner aggression, but I simply love games with lots of blood and gore in them. I'm hopeful that MK5 will stay true to this tradition as well!

:p

http://www.mortalkombat.midway.com/futuretense_cs/flash/mkda/screenshots/img_scorp_xlrg.jpg

adzmullz1
09-25-2002, 07:47 AM
1 game ???? , ummmmmmmmmmm , Tony Hawks pro Skater 4 , or , if it is'nt out when my plane crashes , then Tony Hawk 3. :cool:

aj142
09-25-2002, 12:43 PM
BTW, the new MK characters are a VAST improvement over the previous versions... any MK fans would probably agree: http://www.mortalkombat.midway.com/

... and nobody answered my Unreal Championship question... is it going to be gory or WHAT?

MerimacHamwich
09-25-2002, 12:50 PM
Fable or Morrowind.

Squidpie
09-26-2002, 05:59 AM
HALO !!!!!!!! well so far :eek:

aj142
09-26-2002, 12:30 PM
Hey Zion - who is the chick in your signature? She's completely spankalicious.:p

Leviathon
09-26-2002, 01:21 PM
Can't decide...

Probably NFL Fever or Sega 2K3