PDA

View Full Version : Project Ego Official Name

MixMasta
09-22-2002, 08:14 PM
ok, i was reading my xbn, and there is an article about all of peter monolyeux's studios, and it showed there upcoming games, and it said Project Ego was renamed FABLE!!!!!! Idk if this is old news, but this was the first i heard. Ill scan the page up in a few if u need proof!

MixMasta
09-22-2002, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by AloneInTheDark
What is Project Ego/Fable?
What Is It About?
What Kind Of Game Is It?

its one of the most highly anticipated rpgs for xbox, and it will be on xbl. check out the game profile under project ego on the main xba page.

ok, i just reread it, and it said its still awaiting copyright aprroval, but this could be its offical name if its approved. here it is:

wweomaniac
09-22-2002, 08:47 PM
I don't think the name change is official yet. I think Project Ego sounds wicked. Unless they can make the word "Fable" look nasty, I would stick with Fable.

BTW, I was the first one to bring this story to XBA forums.
proof= http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14079&highlight=fable

MixMasta
09-22-2002, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by wweomaniac
I don't think the name change is official yet. I think Project Ego sounds wicked. Unless they can make the word "Fable" look nasty, I would stick with Fable.

BTW, I was the first one to bring this story to XBA forums.
proof= http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14079&highlight=fable

i think project ego is a good name too! sorry for posting this after u had, but i had actual proof that it might be called fable..., and just to clear it up, it said it was COPYRIGHT PENDING so, they are definitely considering this name if they have tried to copyright it!

Shadow20002
09-23-2002, 11:54 AM
Why not mix out ? I mean Project Fable ?? Sounds cool huh ?? :)

faceoff508
09-23-2002, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by wweomaniac
[B]I don't think the name change is official yet. I think Project Ego sounds wicked.

I agree with you 100%. The developers should stick with that name. Fable doesnt sound right.

Explosivo
09-23-2002, 02:38 PM
yes but if it was called fable from the very beginning, and then they decided to change it to project ego, you would say that fable sounds better because you will have been associating the game with the name fable so calling it anything else would sound strange.

they should have changed the name earlier, even though it still has a about just under a year left in development.

Dre
09-23-2002, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by faceoff508
Fable doesnt sound right.

From www.dictionary.com

fa·ble Pronunciation Key (fbl)
2. A story about legendary persons and exploits.

Well, that sounds about right to me. I think its a good choice, even though I'm so used to calling it Project Ego.

Whisper
09-23-2002, 02:40 PM
it should be named:

Game V1.75

catchy?

yes?

no?

you decide.

MixMasta
09-23-2002, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by wwfraven2k
it should be named:

Game V1.75

catchy?

yes?

no?

you decide.

lol, i like it!!

i see your point dre, it does mean what the game is about....but i dont see the appeal, and i ur not a fanatic video gamer, how is fable going to appeal to you?? Project Ego is very catchy, and it sounds sweet!

Xtopia
09-23-2002, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by AloneInTheDark
What is Project Ego/Fable?
What Is It About?
What Kind Of Game Is It?

What cave you been living in boy?

You must have really been Alone in The Dark! LoL J/K

Keltiks
09-24-2002, 12:22 AM
Project-Ego was never its name. You guys don't know what your talking about.

And I think I read about 4 months ago that the name was changed to Fable. Where you been man?

y2kash_14
09-24-2002, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by Keltiks
Project-Ego was never its name. You guys don't know what your talking about.

And I think I read about 4 months ago that the name was changed to Fable. Where you been man?

ok let me get this straight.......you start off by saying Project Ego was never the name....then you say that the name of the game was changed to Fable 4 months ago.......so what was the name of the game in the first place eh?:rolleyes:

MixMasta
09-24-2002, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by y2kash_14

ok let me get this straight.......you start off by saying Project Ego was never the name....then you say that the name of the game was changed to Fable 4 months ago.......so what was the name of the game in the first place eh?:rolleyes:

lol

ok, project ego was the code name.

alert alert! check the front page, its official, fable is the name!!! announced today at x02 europe!

Alien
09-24-2002, 08:03 PM
Fable sounds like the name of a game my little sisters would play.

xboxed79
09-24-2002, 08:16 PM
well stop the bickering it was announced at E02 as Fable.
new screenshots also.
by the way, who cares what the name is going to be. when i first heard fable, i didnt like it, i even posted here about it. but ya know what it will still be a great game.
Halo still would have been great whether or not it was called Halo.

y2kash_14
09-24-2002, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by xboxed79

Halo still would have been great whether or not it was called Halo.

i see what you mean......but i probably wouldn't have enjoyed Halo that much if it was called "Pretty Pink World of Fun":D

Koopa
09-24-2002, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by faceoff508

I agree with you 100%. The developers should stick with that name. Fable doesnt sound right.

that's what i thought when "Dolphin" was renamed to Gamecube. the name grew on me, and I'm sure fable will grow on you to (read:suck it up, moron)

:D :D

MerimacHamwich
09-24-2002, 11:28 PM
Fable is a great name. Goes perfect with the game. What the heck is Project Ego for a name? Sounds dumb. Only military games should have names with the word project in it. Project Gotham Racing is also a retarded name. Why not just call it Gotham Racing?

Fable was anounced as the "name in progress" of project ego a long time ago like keltiks said. Project Ego is just the Projects name. I think it is dumb how people think they should stick with project ego. Fable is a name that relates to the game and sounds cool.

Halo is not exactly the name of a devil king either you guys. In fact it is a ring that floats over an angels head. Do you hate the name halo now? Does it make the game sounds girly and innocent?

The word fable is a word used to describe a short story with a moral usually around 300 words. Aesops fables are some hugely famous ones. He came up with "beast fables", fables with talking animals as the main characters.