PDA

View Full Version : My OXM thought

Brevity
09-22-2002, 10:27 PM
Some time ago **a year ago to be exact** I recall a conversation with my wife going something like this.
Me “I am going to order a subscription to OXM”
Her “Why”
M “B/c it will have a lot of cool stuff, but really b/c it will save me from having to spend our hard earned money renting games that I might want to play test”
Now I hate the fact that I renewed b/c I have had to rent a lot of damn games lately. It may not be their fault but I think they could do a little more then putting the same f-en thing on every disc. I hate that worst of all. I want to know what these new games will be like and that’s why I got the mag. and now they (MS) are releasing separate 8 or 9$ discs with games,,,sounds like some body realized that their Demo’s sucked and that they could make a buck by capitalizing off their own mistake. Just IMO stuff, what do you think, and yes I did see the other threads. Thanks.
:confused:

Dre
09-22-2002, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Brevity
Some time ago **a year ago to be exact** I recall a conversation with my wife going something like this.
Me “I am going to order a subscription to OXM”
Her “Why”
M “B/c it will have a lot of cool stuff, but really b/c it will save me from having to spend our hard earned money renting games that I might want to play test”
Now I hate the fact that I renewed b/c I have had to rent a lot of damn games lately. It may not be their fault but I think they could do a little more then putting the same f-en thing on every disc. I hate that worst of all. I want to know what these new games will be like and that’s why I got the mag. and now they (MS) are releasing separate 8 or 9$ discs with games,,,sounds like some body realized that their Demo’s sucked and that they could make a buck by capitalizing off their own mistake. Just IMO stuff, what do you think, and yes I did see the other threads. Thanks.
:confused:

Well, substance wise, I find the actual magazine pretty shallow. Either the news is months old by the time I read it, or its written in such an xbox biased manner you'd think it was some 8 year old trying to defend his expensive purchase. Too much fanboyism....

The demo disc is great.... when it doesn't constantly chop. I've had a couple of disc where I couldn't even watch the features because the disc would skip so much. Demos worked ok though on those choppy disks. I think that this months disc (October issue) pìssed alot of people off, myself included, because we'd already seen ALL the demos before on other discs and some more than twice. But, its not really OXM's fault if Sega doesn't give them a demo of Sega GT 2 months in a row because they feel it isn't ready. I think that once we reach the release period of all the upcoming Xbox games (November-January), the discs will be much better.

GokuX
09-22-2002, 10:35 PM
I don't think the $9 disks are that bad seeing as most CD / DVD based systems have had them in some form or another to market games. I've only gotten one OXM mag, and really didn't feel it was up to snuff so I declined actually ordering a subscription.

Master Gracey
09-22-2002, 10:35 PM
Y'know... I don't care how many threads are started on this topic. OXM has become so bad we can't possibly encapsulate it's awfulness in mere words.

Brevity
09-22-2002, 10:49 PM
Oh yes and I did not even talk about the fact that plenty of the time the f-en demo's are crap to play ie..choppy or dont work at all. And hay I got this months EGM it was 3 OXM's thick, damn and for a MS mag it sure does not have that much hard to find inside type info. And another thing my EGM usually has several coupons in it some times cover to cover as much as 25$ worth (I think). And where are the great deals coming to you from OXM ????? And I am not a one mag-man I get several for PC and console and they all are thicker. My head hurt I think I will lay down now. hehe:eek: :eek:

twilla
09-22-2002, 10:57 PM
Many of you OXM haters have to understand that this Mag is not
for people who search the web everyday. Dont you realize how
long it takes for the info announced today to be written and
published. Oxm said Rare was coming to the Xbox months ago
and many people called them liars. Oxm first told about Blinx,Tork
and psychonauts. They leaked True fantasy live, KOTOR,SWG,
Superman,complete coverage of XBL. Guys really look at the mag.

The internet is spoiling this generation of gamers who want too
much info too quickly! OXM has limited control of what it can
release on its demo disc, dont blame them call the devs and put
pressure on them or better yet dont buy it.

Name one official mag that is better than oxm and that is non
bias? If OXM sucks what mag other mag has good xbox info?

Brevity
09-23-2002, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by twilla
Many of you OXM haters have to understand that this Mag is not
for people who search the web everyday. Dont you realize how
long it takes for the info announced today to be written and
published. Oxm said Rare was coming to the Xbox months ago
and many people called them liars. Oxm first told about Blinx,Tork
and psychonauts. They leaked True fantasy live, KOTOR,SWG,
Superman,complete coverage of XBL. Guys really look at the mag.

The internet is spoiling this generation of gamers who want too
much info too quickly! OXM has limited control of what it can
release on its demo disc, dont blame them call the devs and put
pressure on them or better yet dont buy it.

Name one official mag that is better than oxm and that is non
bias? If OXM sucks what mag other mag has good xbox info?
Starting woth the end.*Lots of other mags have good info, EGM, and Game Informer are just two. And I hope to god that your not saying OXM is nonbiased? B/c they are. And IMO mags that cover more then one system often give better reviews (more true). I do read the net alot but hay they work for MS they can get stuff, including Better Demo's or a little note in the mag that says "NO demo this week it would suck anyway instead we will give you another mag down the road or one of those new 8$ sample discs we are making (because you know they cost MS the same as the Demo disc). And right now there are no other Mags that have a Xboa Demo disc so, this one is all we got. And yes I am spoiled.:D

laughs
09-23-2002, 07:49 AM
Yup, OXM is sucking it up pretty bad. One really bad thing in all of this is that I am subscribed until next year this time :( . Anyway, your right about Exhibition being conceived just because of the poor and repetitive demo's that OXM are giving us. I personally am going to wait a couple of months to see if Exhibition is any different in that they don't give us the same demos month after month. If they do a good job, I will definitley jump on board...and OXM will lose a customer. Thats business I guess :p