PDA

View Full Version : FORMER Nintendo Representative DISSES Nintendo's selection of games

wweomaniac
09-23-2002, 05:09 PM
http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/news/0,10870,2881208,00.html

GameSpot: What do you enjoy the most about working at Microsoft and on the Xbox?
Lobb: I was spending, from the launch of Xbox and GameCube, 35-40 percent of my time on PS2, 45 percent on the Xbox, and barely touching my GameCube. And knowing what the portfolio was going to be on the GameCube this year and going way out, I decided that I didn't want to do this again. I did it on the N64 and it was hard. Having seen that that was going to be that--or was going to be worse, I said forget it. I'm tired of second-class third-party ports and I'm tired of first-party games spread way out.

Remember... Lobb left Nintendo to join Microsoft months after the release of GCN.

Ken Lobb helped develop these past projects for Nintendo:
Conker's Bad Fur Day (2001), Rare, Ltd.
Star Wars: Rogue Leader - Rogue Squadron II (2001), LucasArts
Donkey Kong 64 (2000), Nintendo
Perfect Dark (2000), Rare, Ltd.
Donkey Kong Land 3 (1997), Nintendo
Cruis'n USA (1996), Nintendo

Slacker
09-23-2002, 05:19 PM
I keep wanting to justify buying a gamecube because I was loyal to them for so long , but so far I only want to play one game on GC and thats eternal darkness, nothing else looks good IMO not even the ones I used to love like Zelda,Mario,Metroid I just feel like "oh that game again..played it a few times"

Gaseoussnake
09-23-2002, 05:24 PM
The guy is a friggin M$ employee....even if he enjoys the cube do you think he will admit that considering the fact that both the XBox and the GC launched at almost the same time.

japes1
09-23-2002, 05:57 PM
First Lobb leaving and then Rare leaving, yes if I owned a GC i'd be dumping that thing asap.

wweomaniac
09-23-2002, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Gaseoussnake
The guy is a friggin M$ employee....even if he enjoys the cube do you think he will admit that considering the fact that both the XBox and the GC launched at almost the same time.
umm... he USE to work for Nintendo. He left nintendo appearantly to pursue better ambitions.