PDA

View Full Version : Need your opinion.......

Highlite23
09-23-2002, 07:47 PM
Please take the time to read this. I usually could care less about reviews in any form, i am of the mind set that i will buy, rent, or borrow a game and find out for myself.

With that being said, in the current issue of Game Informer the editor Andy McNamara went out of his way to dispell the thought that GI is a PS2-biased magazine. Apperently he's been getting alot of comments about it.

Personally i think its odd he's even trying to defend the publication. In last months issue they reviewed all 3 on-line plans, i want you that havn't seen or read it tell me honestly if this comparison seems un-biased. In each consoles section there is a paragraph entitles CONNECTION FEE. Here are the Sony and Microsoft descriptions:

PS2 CONNECTION FEE

"Sony isn't charging a monthly fee for it's services, but you will need a dial-up or broadband connection. We did our research and checked out exactly how much it will cost to get the Playstation 2 up and running. You'll of course have to purchase the Network Adapter for $39.99. On top of this, If you're going with the simplistic dial-up approach, you're lookin at spending $10 to $25 a month. A game will run you $39.99 to $49.99 ($59.99 for SOCOM). You're basically looking at spending between $90.00 to $150.00."

Now tell me if ther is a different "Tone" to the XBOX version.

XBOX CONNECTION FEE

"Getting the XBOX online may break a few bank accounts. Here's a rough ballpark figure of how much you'll need to spend on launch day: You'll need to fork out $49.95 for the XBOX Starter Kit, (Plus possible instalation fees) for DSL or cable service. So you're basically looking at spending $130 to $150 on launch day. You'll also have to continue paying your DSL or cable fee on a monthly basis."

Couple of things:
The PS2 blurb states you will need to pay $10 to $25 a month. So why did they add the comment at the end ot the XBOX blurb??

In the PS2 blurb they "nicely " said "Of course you'll need to purchase the Network Adapter....." In the XBOX blurb they said "You'll need to fork over.........."

So tell me, is it just me or did GI get biased thrown in their face and now they want to dispell it.

VenoM
09-23-2002, 07:58 PM
he didnt even mention the cable/dsl installation fees on the ps2 online like he did on the xbox live one....theres no doubt there both said in different tones...ps2 being the nice tone

Slacker
09-24-2002, 06:50 PM
Yeah thats Biased , not just biased but REALLY biased and if that guy doesn't think he is , then he is in Denial , and an a$$hole