PDA

View Full Version : The Preorder

eceon
09-23-2002, 08:58 PM
i just recently registered myself here at xboxaddict and would like to just say hi. i am not a heavy poster, but i do frequent all sorts of xbox boards quite often. you might call it an "addiction" i have. i research a lot about whats going on in the world of xbox and will try and contribute as much as i can to these boards. ;)

a recent article has come to my attention in the wall street journal concerning the future of microsofts gaming console. in a nutshell, they say that the xbox's future is in danger due to a lack of games, particularily anything exclusive. i know its all BS and the wall street journal can go suck a di*k since they dont know anything about videogames and the people that play them. as a result i have noticed a lot of sh*t being talked about the "questionable" future of the xbox and its possible discontinuation (go check out gamespot forums to see what i mean). and yes i am aware that its a lot of fanboy talk and i shouldn't concern myself with such heresay.

well, f*ck all that. today i took action as a consumer and got hardcore. i just called my buddy who works at a gamestop and preordered $260 worth of sh*t. and this will be a pattern i will continue as long as my xbox is functional. i ordered:

Xbox Live Kit
DOA volleyball
Unreal Championship
Shenmue II
Splinter Cell

HELL YEA. this is not over until we say it is over. get out there and play games. invite yr friends over and play games. go online and play games. show yr friends the all the possibilities of gaming on an xbox. this is an exciting time for xbox and we should take advantage of all the greatness that comes our way. and when you take a dump, read instruction manuals to yr favorite xbox games and memorize em. hehe. k im done. see you on Live.

e

ps: if you think i should add anything to my list, make sure to let me know. i might have overlooked something...

:)

Veno
09-23-2002, 09:04 PM
Uh, nice inspiring speech there, but really most of us have jobs and don't have time to uh, express our um, xbox pride? And most of us don't give a **** to go out and spend a ton of money on preordering crap we dont care about. Nothin matters really in gaming, just about 3% of life is gaming. Shouldn't really care that much, bro, but whatever, go write some inspiring speeches and express your emotional feelings about a heep of metal and wires built by the richest man in the united states that just happens to be the man that almost caused a monopoly and everyone hates.

eceon
09-23-2002, 09:49 PM
hey ****. you are a twat. why don't you be negative somewhere else. im just telling you what i did today, so f*ck off. i dont care if you were inspired or not. why are you in these forums anyway?

btw- i am at work. have been since 9am ghosting XP labs at the university. its been almost 13 hours now. so bite me, f*cking lowlife. why dont you go back to sucking yr daddy's choade.

oh yea... xbox rules!

e

Highlite23
09-24-2002, 08:19 AM
Let me say Welcome, and you'll enjoy your purchases.

Oh, and the most important thing you need to do while an XBA member..........

IGNORE VENO!!! ;)

Casper
09-24-2002, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by eceon
hey ****. you are a twat. why don't you be negative somewhere else. im just telling you what i did today, so f*ck off. i dont care if you were inspired or not. why are you in these forums anyway?

btw- i am at work. have been since 9am ghosting XP labs at the university. its been almost 13 hours now. so bite me, f*cking lowlife. why dont you go back to sucking yr daddy's choade.

oh yea... xbox rules!

e

Wow...umm...nice intro there fellow :) From one tech to another...welcome to the site man...doesn't it suck ghosting XP? So what version of Ghost do you use? I think that there's only one that works with it, and it can't be NTFS...correct? Anywho...ignore some of the haters on here...I do ;)

eceon
09-24-2002, 10:02 AM
well... i apologize for sounding harsh earlier, but that guy is a f*cking troll. i will make sure everything i post from here on will be xbox related.

yea... i was thinking about adding MGS:S and MechAssault to the list. what do you think? my plan is to knock out everything i want this fall/winter and deal with the games of next year in a few months. i really want Steel Battalion too, but i may just wait for the price to drop or buy it used. i have a 50 inch plasma flat screen to play on and just can't wait for that title.

casper: man i havent had any sleep. i spent the entire night working on 3 labs of XP and 2000 machines. right now i am using RevRdist on the new mac lab i just setup for the journalism school. you should this room, it's so pretty. it has 53 all new dual 1g G4s with 21 inch Apple flat panel screens. nice warcraft environment...

e

Casper
09-24-2002, 11:20 AM
well... i apologize for sounding harsh earlier, but that guy is a f*cking troll. i will make sure everything i post from here on will be xbox related.

yea... i was thinking about adding MGS:S and MechAssault to the list. what do you think? my plan is to knock out everything i want this fall/winter and deal with the games of next year in a few months. i really want Steel Battalion too, but i may just wait for the price to drop or buy it used. i have a 50 inch plasma flat screen to play on and just can't wait for that title.

casper: man i havent had any sleep. i spent the entire night working on 3 labs of XP and 2000 machines. right now i am using RevRdist on the new mac lab i just setup for the journalism school. you should this room, it's so pretty. it has 53 all new dual 1g G4s with 21 inch Apple flat panel screens. nice warcraft environment...

e

Dam, nice setup in with the plasma :p

Well, I work with all Dell's on my campus, I hate mac's so I tend not to mess with them, but rather have the hippies that like them get involved with it. We also just purchased about 50 of the new G4's with 21" on em...weird :confused: You don't have to always post Xbox related stuff in here, just in GD...go to the Off Topic Lounge...that's where most of us "day-trippers" hang out...ya know? Oh, and we don't play Warcraft here...but may start with that...my boss and the other tech don't have vid cards like me :rolleyes: So we tend to play CS, Unreal, or TacOps

Dre
09-24-2002, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Veno
Uh, nice inspiring speech there, but really most of us have jobs and don't have time to uh, express our um, xbox pride? And most of us don't give a **** to go out and spend a ton of money on preordering crap we dont care about. Nothin matters really in gaming, just about 3% of life is gaming. Shouldn't really care that much, bro, but whatever, go write some inspiring speeches and express your emotional feelings about a heep of metal and wires built by the richest man in the united states that just happens to be the man that almost caused a monopoly and everyone hates.

What the hell is up your ass?

Welcome to the boards bro, don't worry about Veno.. he's kinda like that annoying kid that just tags along without asking. No matter what you try he just doesn't smarten up to the fact that no one likes him.

Zion
09-24-2002, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Veno

Wow. Must suck to be you.

meda1ni
09-24-2002, 06:44 PM
I fell your "INCOME":D In november i also pre-order

XBL KIT
UNREAL
MECHASSAULT
HOTD 3

So all that with the tax...should come round $250 bucks
.And thats in NOVEMBER only...there are couple more games but they (or I)just have to wait:( So i started to save a couple months ago...;)

crazyotto
09-24-2002, 07:44 PM
I have so much on pre-order already. I called to get Unreal and that new demo disc but when I called EB just Tues, the manager (i asked for him) gave me this run around about 5$ every preorder!?!?!?! Is this the way it is elsewhere or has my EB gone $$ nuts. The month of Nov will cost me a grand alone, now that I'm getting Tekki. I hate that store any-hoo but it is the closest to me (@ 45 min away) I can't even rent xbox games at the video store near me. GC ps2 yes no Xbox. I need to move out west.

eceon glad you found addict. The best xbox forums on the net, by far.

evil xbox king
09-24-2002, 07:58 PM

Xbox Live Kit
DOA volleyball
Unreal Championship
Shenmue II
Splinter Cell

ps: if you think i should add anything to my list, make sure to let me know. i might have overlooked something...

:)

*cough* Blinx *cough*

Welcome to XBA:)

DarkMatter
09-24-2002, 08:16 PM
*DarkMatter hands evil xbox king a caughing pill, All better;) *

xboxed79
09-24-2002, 08:47 PM
welcome to xba.
although i love the idea of every box owner going out and spending money like that on xbox gear and helping persuade M$ to continue to manufacture the xbox, i dont think it is necessary.
because m$ knows what they are doing. every one on that team discusses the same things we do and has the same concerns that we do. they will not let this fail. They have invested too much into this for it not to work.
and if and i mean if the xbox for any reason is discontinued, then you know what, you still own it, there are still games that you can play and there will always be another system for you to play.
i love gaming and the xbox is by far the best system out there, people will realize that and every number that you see on sales will start to even out...eventually.
i think thats where your suggestion of telling your friends and showing your friends come in. every one of my friends who come to my apartment see the xbox. i am always hyping it, and in fact a couple of them bought it because of i showed them.
pretty much, if you have the money, go for the gold.
if you dont, well one day, god bless you i hope you do, but for now dont feel like you are causing the sales to go down because you only have one game on your shelf.

peace

eceon
09-24-2002, 08:53 PM
hi. thanx for the kind greetings.

just wanted all of you to know, i just put down more cash for Steel Battalion. it is so on! im not waiting for a price drop. i need this as soon as it comes out.

...looks like my friends and family aren't getting anything for christmas. oh well.

e

xboxed79
09-24-2002, 08:55 PM
hi. thanx for the kind greetings.

just wanted all of you to know, i just put down more cash for Steel Battalion. it is so on! im not waiting for a price drop. i need this as soon as it comes out.

...looks like my friends and family aren't getting anything for christmas. oh well.

e

alright dude wait a minute, i am also in the tech field and i aint got this kinda money...im getting a little jealous here!

eceon
09-24-2002, 11:06 PM
"i am also in the tech field and i aint got this kinda money...im getting a little jealous here!"

dont worry about my sources of income, friend. my work at the university is not the only thing i do to earn a living. just worry about yrself (and i mean that in the nicest way possible).

and by the way, i do not believe that i am saving microsoft from total failure just by spending what i did on games and accessories. im just hardcore. just one hardcore mother f*cker, mang! :D

ill probably just shut up now and stop acting like a spoiled brat. i really hate people like that. i am usually humble and very careful with my money. i am just excited with my purchases, that's all. latez.

e

MerimacHamwich
09-24-2002, 11:19 PM
You're buying Steel Battalion? I think you will be the onl person I will ever hear of buying that game. Too expensive. Might as well buy a gamecube.