PDA

View Full Version : Latest in Australian consoles sales

Rochey69r
09-24-2002, 06:20 AM
while working at videogames heaven today a staff member told me that last week a tally was done for everystore in australia that sold consoles, here is the results:

7, 000 PS2's sold
6, 000 Xbox's sold
500 GCN's sold

Coles/Myer isnt ordering anymore GCN stock as it just dosnt sell.

remember what happened to the Dreamcast here?
failed because Coles/Myer rejected it

the staff member told me he recons in 1 year that GCN will be like the Dreamcast.

:D

Knight
09-24-2002, 06:44 AM
Is Coles/Myer the Walmart of Australia??

Afro Aura
09-24-2002, 10:49 AM
Shame that Rochey69r I was thinking of getting a GC just to play Star Fox I was also going to get it for Mario Sunshine but when I saw Blinx that put me right off that idea.

Oh well I'll have to just play Star Fox on my friends GC, I've played Mario and I have to say the cameras a tricky git to handle you get lost most of the time (have to say though the water effect is absolutely gorgeous)

and what the Hells going on with PS2 sales they all mad down there mate the XBOX kicks a$$ up here in the UK (well we still have the M$ haters up here but they'll turn around soon wuhahahahaha)

edit: was that for the month?

Slacker
09-24-2002, 11:00 AM
The Xbox is making good ground there, they probably have alot more advertising , GC was Dead before it hit the shelf , they should of sold to MS , maybe they will , could you imagine

Dre
09-24-2002, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Slacker
they should of sold to MS , maybe they will , could you imagine

Man that would be huge... but I doubt it. MS would have to make an insane offer I think... I predict Nintendo going more the way that Sega has.

Rochey69r
09-25-2002, 03:22 AM
today we prob sold about 8 ps2's

1 xbox

0 cubes.

GokuX
09-25-2002, 03:31 AM
Yo Rochey thanks for the heads up. It's good to hear how things are going on your side of the world.

Rochey69r
09-25-2002, 03:33 AM
Originally posted by GokuX
Yo Rochey thanks for the heads up. It's good to hear how things are going on your side of the world.

thanx GokuX

p.s. nice sig but the one with the black and green looked heaps better

:cool:

GokuX
09-25-2002, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by Rochey69r

p.s. nice sig but the one with the black and green looked heaps better

:cool:

That seems to be the consensus. Though I've gotten some positive feedback from a few folks. I had to change it up though, try new things. Ya know.