PDA

View Full Version : What Rare Will Bring To The Table!

JimmieDoogan
09-24-2002, 07:35 PM
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/r/?http://www.computerandvideogames.com/news/news_story.php?id=80994[/url]
Here we go... WE GET KILLER INSTINCT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MerimacHamwich
09-24-2002, 10:53 PM
PERFECT DARK!

Just look at what they did with it on the N64! I cannot wait to see it on xbox! I think this will blow away halo. Maybe not Halo 2 but Halo 1 for sure. It was the first console game to my knowledge to have the option to put more bots than players and it did stat tracking! I love Perfect Dark. My god I am hyped for a xbox version!

Sakic19
09-25-2002, 01:44 AM
Solid, well thoughout, BUG FREE video games!!!!

stilly
09-25-2002, 04:22 AM
i too love perfect dark, and belive it will de trone halo, but not halo2, hopefully, but i could live with it, mmmm the slayer, plus i would love a new xbox version of jet force g. the furtures bright, the furtures black 'n' green.:eek:

humblegamer
09-25-2002, 04:39 AM
I have to LOL at any gamer who thinks that Rare are going to do for the Xbox what they did on the Snes and the N64. I have to admit, it was an EXTREMELY stupid thing for Nintendo not to buy controlling interest when they had the chance, and having Rare in their belt would maybe not have given them a fine swag of good games, but would at least have meant that any good games would be on the CUbe. However, The last rare game that actually lived up to their standards was Goldeneye, and Rare have not really been in the best form of late.

Rare used to be one of my fav developers, but after this "betrayal" (yes i know that it was Nintendo who betrayed Rare, but hell who knows the full story but nintendo and rare themselves) all that we can do is rememebr to good old times.

I just cant wait for the fights to start when Msoft try and force rare to put out unfinished games, and Rare want more time to polish em out.

hiter101
09-25-2002, 09:38 AM
i would really like to see donkey kong for the xbox think the great gameplay of rare and the power of the xbox *drool*

Casper
09-25-2002, 09:53 AM
Well, at least we get another fighting game, one of my fav coin-ops, KI :eek:

DIGITAL
09-25-2002, 10:59 AM
conker an killer instinct are going to be great on the xbox ,i cannot wait for these games!

JimmieDoogan
09-25-2002, 11:19 AM
WTF! You will NEVER EVER SEE DONKEY KONG ON XBOX! It's a Nintendo owned asset. HELLO! Anyway, considering the last RARE game I'd played (which was Starfox Adventures for GCN just last night) I can't FRICKIN WAIT to see what they got goin. And I have a comment about those guys who were supposedly leaving Rare because they didn't want to have to work on a new system after learning the Gamecube, they have no skill what so ever. If they can't adapt then they are just not worthy. I can't even believe someone would actually come out and discredit themselves as to say "I just learned the GCN now I gotta learn the Xbox this is crap..." all I heard was "I suck and have no adaptability skills and no one should ever higher me ever again, in fact, why doesn't Microsoft just fire me now and ensure that I never work in this field again.". Sorry... thats just my take on it. But as far as I can tell, things are looking brighter than ever for Xbox owners. I HOPE they put another KI into the mix. I LOVE THAT GAME!!!!!!!

Pak4182
09-25-2002, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by humblegamer
I have to LOL at any gamer who thinks that Rare are going to do for the Xbox what they did on the Snes and the N64. I have to admit, it was an EXTREMELY stupid thing for Nintendo not to buy controlling interest when they had the chance, and having Rare in their belt would maybe not have given them a fine swag of good games, but would at least have meant that any good games would be on the CUbe. However, The last rare game that actually lived up to their standards was Goldeneye, and Rare have not really been in the best form of late.

Conker and Perfect Dark BLEW. :/end sarcasm\:

MerimacHamwich
09-25-2002, 12:48 PM
I cannot believe you all care that much about a fighting game. The only game I am really looking forward to that I know rare will bring to the xbox is PerfectDark.

JimmieDoogan
09-25-2002, 01:11 PM
Just because you yourself don't enjoy something in particular doesn't make it invalid. Please...

faceoff508
09-25-2002, 02:10 PM
OH MAAAN! All the games are gonna rock!!

SlightlySycho
09-25-2002, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by humblegamer
However, The last rare game that actually lived up to their standards was Goldeneye, and Rare have not really been in the best form of late.:mad: You deny the superiority of the squirrel?!?! :mad:
HEATHEN!!!

[coughs] Sorry, I get defensive when somebody badmouths Conker. Seriously, alot of people have to admit that Conker's BFD and Halo were seriously neck-and-neck for game of the year.