PDA

View Full Version : Joanna Dark's makeover

Koopa
09-24-2002, 11:01 PM
http://cubemedia.ign.com/cube/image/joanimedarkxbox.jpg

so how do you like her. She's been transformed from the possibly lesbian joanna64 to the jo-anime dark (sorry for stealing IGN's jokes). from this ..um.."screenshot" i think i'm assuming that PD0 will have a graphical style similar to timesplitters... semi-realistic...almost cartoonish but not quite. that's assuming that the above pic represents anything close to the "real" PD0...

MerimacHamwich
09-24-2002, 11:12 PM
I am not really worried about how PD0 will look. Rare came out with an amazing Perfect Dark game for the N64 and I cannot see them screwing it up on the XBOX. I just cannot wait to see the advances they make in the 1st person shooter genre.

eceon
09-24-2002, 11:18 PM
she looks fine, i guess. the gfx are definitely better.

i loved this game so much when it was on N64 and am eagerly anticipating the release of PD0. i don't know where ive read this but, i think i heard that PD0 was going to be a third person shooter this time around. is that right? does anyone know the truth to this or have read a similar article? i kinda hope it isn't. the original Perfect Dark had so many cool gameplay elements as a first person shooter. the xbox version is gonna be choice either way.

e

Explosivo
09-25-2002, 11:24 AM
i absolutely love the new look, she looks like she has some attitude, she looks verrrry nice :D

RudedogX
09-25-2002, 12:22 PM
Are you sure that's a screen shot and not just a conceptual drawing? There's no background at all. I'll wait until there is more to the image before I make a decision.

SlightlySycho
09-25-2002, 03:54 PM
Yeah, it does look like concept art. When I first saw it, I thought it was a drawing. Not to say that she might won't look like that in game.

I'm not sure I like her new look. It's not that she seems too cartoony; it's that she's too cute. Lacking the "professional" look she used to have. Now she looks like a kid.
Of course, PD0 sounds like a prequel. So it'd make sense if she looks younger and more green.

Jack's Colon
09-25-2002, 06:40 PM
I loved the first Perfect Dark so much I bought 64 just for it. In fact, it's the only game I ever bought (or got in any shape or form) for N64, so when I heard that PD is coming to XBOX, I practically flipped. Keep in mind, I paid about $150 just for PD, so paying $50 for an even better PD will be so freaking cool...

XslayerX
09-25-2002, 09:20 PM
I dont like it, Would rather have these grapics:

http://www.pdzero.com/wallpapers/SD600.jpg

wweomaniac
09-25-2002, 09:49 PM
I'd rather have
http://www.pdzero.com/wallpapers/640jfi.jpg

Koopa
09-25-2002, 10:41 PM
i have to agree with IGN again...those pics make her look like a lesbian.

Frorrari
09-26-2002, 08:49 AM
The pics we got of her is in-engine. So it's renderd by the XBOX!

I think it's a great look.. And it's not cell-shaded! Sure sounds like a prequal, and she looks a lot yoonger. I will be a little dissapointed if it's going to be third person, but I'm sure Rare will make it excellent! :)

PD0 stands for Perfect Dark Zero(or 0).