PDA

View Full Version : CTF & SlayerStrategy

Leviathon
09-25-2002, 12:17 PM
I am a fairly new owner and play online at my buddies house on xbconnect because he is the one with broadband. What are some of your strategies with CTF and Slayer.

What are some of your playing styles?

samslophead
09-25-2002, 02:52 PM
best advice that I can give for slayer is to bumrush opponents with a blast to the face with the shotgun followed by a smack from the butt of the gun

Reclaimer
09-27-2002, 03:17 AM
Basically it boils down to this. If you are going to play teams, yu need a sniper and a front man. The sniper lays cover and the front man goes and does the dirty work. The more people on a team the more positions created. Add more snipers utilize one extra sniper as protection for the other sniper if an enemy gets too near. Get a few front men out there. You get the idea.

Taking down a fort with multiple teammates.
So you want into someones fort?
Take Bloodgulch for example. You want entry into the red fort. You need a sniper. Two would be better, but at least one positioned anywhere (on the ridges, or the middle hills or even on the blue fort) where he can see the roof of the red fort and the front door. If you have a second you can have a counter sniper to look for and handle enemy snipers. Get a guy to cover the rear door and have one go through the front. Throw a grenade down each hall and attack the surviviors. If you can afford an extra body, put one on the roof and have him lob grenades into the fort. Of course all this while you are getting shot at.

Anyway, use the AR in short bursts. Use the human pistol whenever possible. The plasma rifle is just as good as the AR and it's better at longer ranges. Don't attack with a shotgun if it looks too far away. Try to imagine your enemy in your sight, close enought where every pellet hits the target. That's maximum effective range. Use the shotgun for all point blank encounters. Melee when you can. Always melee someone if their back is to you. (instant kill) Always use grenades. Teleport if possible. Stay out of the middle of large rooms and use cover as much as possible.

Masta Chief
10-01-2002, 06:52 AM
What ends up happening to me is that I let 3 people go against me to make it fair. But generally they have one sniper and two rushers. The sniper stakes a spot while the others try and whittle me down. But one time I got a shotgun and a rocket launcher, I knocked off the sniper with one rocket and simply turned around got one of the rushers with another rocket. Then I saw the other rusher looking for me so I got up behind him and meleed him. But this is where the shotgun comes in, as the sniper was setting up position I got up behind him, but he turned around. So I shot him a few times with the shotgun and killed him. It isn't even fair with 3 people. What a shame.

samslophead
10-01-2002, 12:08 PM
i can get on here and blab about how good i am too..........but that's lame

Masta Chief
10-01-2002, 04:25 PM
Not the fact that I am blabing about how good I am. It is just that everyone sucks here so I get so bored. I mean the people I know can't even beat The Maw on Easy. Now come on.

samslophead
10-02-2002, 01:37 PM
Yeah, that's pretty crappy then....are these the same people that you beat 1-on-3? Do you think that the people you play against are sucky, or just that you are really good? I play against some okay guys, but I really don't have anything to base my skill on....know what I mean?

Masta Chief
10-02-2002, 04:14 PM
I don't think I am all godly just pretty good. I don't think I am the best at all. Just that I get sobored by them. They didn't believe me I could beat the maw on legendary. He was like he isn't going to make it. Boo I made it.

Leviathon
10-03-2002, 02:29 PM
Just remember this....

IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW GOOD YOU ARE.... BECAUSE THERE IS ALWAYS SOMEONE BETTER THAN YOU...

AND.....PRIDE GOETH BEFORE THE FALL ;)

Reclaimer
10-03-2002, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Leviathon
Just remember this....

IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW GOOD YOU ARE.... BECAUSE THERE IS ALWAYS SOMEONE BETTER THAN YOU...

AND.....PRIDE GOETH BEFORE THE FALL ;)

And when I meet that person on the battlefield there will be one a hell of a fight. The mountains will crumble and the sea will start to boil. The ground will spilt open and fire will shoot to the sky.

It's going to be clash of the titans when that person challenges me.

OppiumNitrates
10-07-2002, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Reclaimer 343

And when I meet that person on the battlefield there will be one a hell of a fight. The mountains will crumble and the sea will start to boil. The ground will spilt open and fire will shoot to the sky.

lets do it. . . . im game

Reclaimer
10-09-2002, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by OppiumNitrates

lets do it. . . . im game

I'm all over it.
As soon as I get this broadband issue resolved.

A couple of things happening here.

1. My apartment complex which is in a roadrunner service area is getting renovated and a wiring upgrade. This will include new cabling.

2. I promised that when I get promoted to E-5 I will get broadband. Well, I'm almost there. One more test to take.

3. I'm building a new computer as we speak. I'm using a work computer right now, but before I get cable, I want a new computer to run it on.

In just a few short months, I'll be sticking plasma grenades to the back of your helmet.

Fanobills
10-09-2002, 10:06 PM
I personally prefer sticking them onto people's balls, or on their glutes - to sort of add insult to injury.

Fanobills
10-09-2002, 10:16 PM
Oh yeah, let's say your on Blood Gulch, and you've got Ghosts, and someone has a ghost, make them come after you in the base - they don't have so much room to move around, and the closed quarters will slow them down, and make them more vulnerable to plasma grenades - I always play with unlimited grenades. And if they get into your base, pay attention to your radar, grab the pistol, and backpedal away from the base with your scope zoomed in - if they walk out of the base (leave the vehicle behind) happy hunting. The shotgun loses it's effectiveness the farther away the target is, and the Sniper rifle has a small magazine capacity with slow recoil. The Needler is the covenant version of the shotgun, and it too loses it's effectiveness at greater ranges.

Another tip - this one for Sidewinder. If you see someone going for the sniper rifle at one of the bases (they're located up the ladder, and towards the middle), and you've got the rocket launcher, fire a rocket into the base towards the middle of the upper level so it hits the back wall, and you'll blow the sniper rifle out of there so that they can't get it. I especially love doing that when my brother thinks "My brother doesn't have a sniper rifle, I'll just go get this one, and... God D#@n it, where did it go?"

These are all assuming of course that you are playing on the same TV.

Oh yeah, and the only covenant weapons worth carrying are the plasma rifle (it has a stunning effect), and the plasma grenades (they stick to opponents, and are a blast to use) - stay away from the plasma pistol, and the needler (the needler is ok in close range, but you'll take a lot of damage if you use it in close combat).

Stride
10-12-2002, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Reclaimer 343

Damn man you make it sound like something that came straight out of Dragonball Z :D

Reclaimer
10-16-2002, 05:01 AM
Originally posted by Stride

Damn man you make it sound like something that came straight out of Dragonball Z :D

Well, I was aiming for a battle of biblical proportions. I've never seen Dragonball Z, but what ever works. ;)

samslophead
10-16-2002, 12:03 PM
FANOBILLS........what kind of boner would drive a ghost into a base @ Blood Gulch to chase someone.....that's just stupid