PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL UK Xbox LIVE Release: November 30th!!!

davex5647
09-25-2002, 01:14 PM
This is NOT the 3000 person beta, this is the actual LIVE pack available to anyone! Beta ends Nov. 29th, then it becomes available to the public on Nov 30th in Europe!

This is copied from xbox.com/uk:

Xbox Live Test Drive (30th November 2002 – 13th March 2003): Open to any Xbox owner with a broadband connection in the UK, France and Germany, the Test Drive lets gamers have an early chance to play Xbox Live. Gamers can participate by ordering a special Test Drive starter pack online, which includes all the software needed to get playing, plus the Xbox Communicator and a twelve-month subscription to the Live service. The benefits to getting in early are first choice of Gamertags, and also free months of Live – the twelve months of Live don't begin until the 14th March, meaning that gamers will get to play for free!

http://www.xbox.com/uk/x02/01.htm

YES YES YES YES YES!

Steve1987
09-25-2002, 01:39 PM
Great News!
I'm so happy that i got ADSL put in, now i can get it in november :)

Anyone know what games will come with the test kit, or will be available to buy?

davex5647
09-25-2002, 01:42 PM
We might get the same 2 games as the U.S. (WHACKED! and MotoGP). I've heard that PSO is a possability but that sounds way too good to be true.

Afro Aura
09-25-2002, 10:14 PM
So davex5647 what your saying is that ANYONE with broadband can get hold of XBOX Live on the 30 November...are you sure about that, if it is then I'm down for that

I just hope your right

Dre
09-25-2002, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Afro Aura
So davex5647 what your saying is that ANYONE with broadband can get hold of XBOX Live on the 30 November...are you sure about that, if it is then I'm down for that

I just hope your right

Thats what the article says! Sounds like an awesome deal for you guys... 4 months of free XBL!

evil xbox king
09-26-2002, 03:15 AM
Any info on Australian XBL?

Afro Aura
09-26-2002, 10:55 AM
So whats this all about then (the part in bold)?

Become and Xbox Live Beta Tester?

A few lucky gamers will get into the Beta-testing program that is soon to launch. If your info meets the criteria,you might be selected.

sure I've just signed up but this doesn't mean I'm going to play XBOX Live beta on the 30 November:confused: