PDA

View Full Version : S Controller Question

09-25-2002, 04:59 PM
What feelings do you have about the "S" controller? I have to buy another controller and I've never even held the "S". I'm thinking of buying it just to see if I like it. Any thoughts????

ThankX!

speedbuggy76
09-25-2002, 05:08 PM
it's awesome. Very comfortable in your hands. Although some say that it's for people with really small hands, it fits in mine perfectly. It just takes some getting used to if you have been playing with the regular controller.

[oXo]
09-25-2002, 05:10 PM
I haven't YET tried it myself but I'm gonna buy 1 when it comes to Denmark for sure!!
Reasons: Better/Improved joysticks/pads, better placement of buttons and some friends wouldn't mind a smaller controller and I want to add the smaller model to my controllers for some variation. This S model may prove to be excellent in some games where the big 1 might be a bit too tricky....I dunno ...but I can't wait ;)
I'm looking almost daily now for it to show up...anyone know when it will hit europe?

Zion
09-25-2002, 05:25 PM
The buttons on the S controller are 10 zillion time better than the button on the original....both the button layout and the button shape.

But, I feel that the size of the original controller is the best of any controller ever created. If I could have an original controller with the buttons from the S controller I'd be in heaven!

[oXo]
09-25-2002, 05:32 PM
Interesting ideed that is. I love the standard controller but you may be right in regards to the button placement since I often curse at them for being "hard to reach" in some games. Yeah the size of the standard controller is really great;) Just right.

Integra Man
09-25-2002, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Zion
The buttons on the S controller are 10 zillion time better than the button on the original....both the button layout and the button shape.

But, I feel that the size of the original controller is the best of any controller ever created. If I could have an original controller with the buttons from the S controller I'd be in heaven!

i LOVE ur ****ing sig man TOO COOL

by the way i want to buy an S controller is it worth it and is it hard to play halo on it

hook-worm J
09-25-2002, 05:36 PM
I like the controller S. The buttons are placed better, and the overall feel of it is better. I think they are only $30 instead of $40 now...

largen101
09-25-2002, 06:14 PM
I really like mine. Works great too.

pieceofmind83
09-25-2002, 06:32 PM
it's a perfect controller for a perfect gameing system.

and,[oXo]
why don't you buy one online somewhere?
i think that it will work on your system,wouldn't it people?

[oXo]
09-25-2002, 06:53 PM
Yeah, good idea. I might just do that. And I DON'T think the controllers are region set *LOL* ...or I hope not hehe

KviK
09-25-2002, 06:59 PM
I own 2 of them and i find that controller S is for sports and fighters, fighters are better with the big controller.

borka105
09-26-2002, 02:38 PM
i have 3 controllers, 2 original, 1 s.

Currently- I only use the S.

IT'S JUST THAT DAMN GOOD!!!!!

Offcourse, when it's time for halo, i bring out the original ones, but for ever game that i currently own, I only use the S.

-Borka105

Squidpie
09-26-2002, 02:44 PM
It's the "S" controller all the way... especially for females with smaller hands like myself... it really feels great in my hands... I hated the big fat one... you know guys... bigger isn't always better :p

Reclaimer
09-26-2002, 06:48 PM
I like the S controller and I have bought 4 of them. No more big clunky controllers for me. It feels more precise and it's just as solid as the big controllers. I have 2 american S's and 2 imported s's from Japan. There is an import store in Houston that sold them. They both act the same and the only difference is that the instructions are in japanese, the jewel is all green vice black and the buttons are clear plastic with color inserts rather than colored plastic buttons.

Reclaimer's official vote:

Go S Type baby!

Slacker
09-26-2002, 08:45 PM
I was going to get an S controller , I could of gotten one for ten bucks but decided not to , I like the original better, but I also have huge hands because Im a big guy so basically it just depends on whats right for you

Afro Aura
09-26-2002, 08:48 PM
Hmmm the S-Controller is ok for people who have really small hands (it smaller that the Japanese pad), I bought one and it just doesn't feel right playing Halo with it, it's was fine in Gun Metal and ok in DoA3 but as I said it's ok for people with tiny hands (girls hands and I'm not being funny ok)

pieceofmind83
09-26-2002, 10:59 PM
i have big hands and,it works fine for me!
i like it way better then the big ass one.

Reclaimer
09-26-2002, 11:08 PM
Well I'm not a giant
I'm 6 foot even at 190 pounds and of medium build.
The S type fits my hands and I dig it for Gun Metal and Halo. And especially D2R.
I just found the old controller to unweildly and I hated the button placement. My wife digs the S type but she swears the japanese one is better. I don't see the difference. I think the buttons are raised higher on the American S but that's only speculation. So now when we play Halo together she uses the import and I use the US version.
To each their own.

Rochey69r
09-27-2002, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by [oXo]
I haven't YET tried it myself but I'm gonna buy 1 when it comes to Denmark for sure!!
Reasons: Better/Improved joysticks/pads, better placement of buttons and some friends wouldn't mind a smaller controller and I want to add the smaller model to my controllers for some variation. This S model may prove to be excellent in some games where the big 1 might be a bit too tricky....I dunno ...but I can't wait ;)
I'm looking almost daily now for it to show up...anyone know when it will hit europe?

s controllers arrived in australia today!!!:p :p :)