PDA

View Full Version : Help, I completely suck at 2K3!

netranger6
09-25-2002, 10:13 PM
F*%k this game is hard. I've been playing in practice mode with my chosen team, and figured I knew how to play somewhat, so I jumped into a Franchise with them (Rams). Anyway, I haven't won a damn game yet, not even close. By the 2nd quarter I am always down by 14 or so. This is beginning to **** me off, and I am starting to regret trading Fever '03 in on it.

Sometimes I call the right play, and things work. Sometimes my receivers actually catch the ball, unlike the CPU whom always does, no matter how many LB are in the TE/WR face. I jump to intercept, no doing, always a freakin pass interference. So I replay it, and there is absolutely no contact at all. That ****es me off to no end.

I have the running game down pretty well thanks to the charge up, jukes, stiffs, hurdle, and shoulder blocking. Faulk can handle his own, this part of the game seems right on. Passing....damn, it's like playing a slot machine.

Somebody, please tell me I shouldn't fling this freakin disc across the room! BTW, I do have it on pro, default sliders. Also, how do I make the CPU choose my defensive matchups? Hey SEGA, how about a better manual, even better than 2.0!?

Pipetender
09-25-2002, 10:20 PM
Practice, practice my friend. PRACTICE.

Buccaneer21
09-25-2002, 11:31 PM
Exactly you can't just pick it up and dominate. You will get good over time, start on Rookie till you progress all the elements of the game. (Running, passing, Defense, and kicking) :cool:

netranger6
09-26-2002, 09:05 AM
I think I'll leave it on pro and learn from the school of hard knocks. Now I see why this game isn't all eye candy, the majority of the coding went into the AI.

Halo Evolved
09-26-2002, 09:13 AM
The running game is a bit tougher this year in NFL 2K and the passing has to be good in order for your receiver to get a first down.....coverage is on the most part good unless you have a rookie that doesn't stick to his route or a defender who has poor coverage capabilities- these all play a part in the game just like real football.

Plus: If all else fails give the ball to Faulk...he seems damn near impossible to nail on the first tackle.

netranger6
09-26-2002, 10:16 AM
That's what I have been doing, letting Faulk carrr me down field, the using my TE's for slants, and the occassional WR on a post. Proehl is pretty good for me, as is Bruce. Want to pick up on trade Ulracher and Wychek, but not enough $$ for that. Damn it!