PDA

View Full Version : Who has Robotech(XBox version)??

Knight
09-26-2002, 08:37 AM
Who?

Shoua
09-26-2002, 02:27 PM
going to pick it up in 5min or so to bad i can't play it til after work!! but i will tell u how it is when i get home.

Leviathon
09-27-2002, 12:54 PM
Someone posted a review of it. Sounds pretty good. I am going to rent before I by.

mother
10-04-2002, 01:35 PM
if your a fan of the old robotech cartoons, then go pick it up. the cel shading is a great look for this game. as far as game play, if your a flying game fan then your be at home with this titile. you can transform between 3 modes which you can do on the fly. im only on the last section in the first chapter, so my impressions are of the beggining of the game. the levels are brightly colored and the game play is fast and frantic. lateral movements in the game are kinda slow and theres not really a 180 spin move, which would be great!!
everything else in the game so far exactly what i hoped it would be.

the game even folows the old first series of cartoons story wise. its awsome.

jaxspider
10-07-2002, 03:08 AM
Ima Gonna rent it in a Day or two.

mother
10-10-2002, 08:21 PM
welll okay so now im on the 3rd chapter, this game is friggin hard, but its still awsome. as far as the story goes its not exactly the same as the cartoon but its pretty close, roy is now your trainer and rick is the skull leader, so the story unfolds as the cartoon but since your not rick you see it in a different view. i just got to the part where rick is getting killed by ventraedi and i have to save his ass, hes on the way to the minmi concert, this game is the shiznits. the levels arent long but they are hard, it takes a lot of planning and getting used to the controls.

the only bad thing i can say about robotech is that you cant free move the camera. but once you get used to the control scheme then you get past that. and if your having trouble in the game its because your not changing, the name of the game is change or die. and its true you have to be able to change on the fly. ALL THE TIME. which is kinda hard but its the coolest thing once youget it down.

oh and the versus mode options are kinda sparce at first but i guess you unlock alot of the options in singel player mode.

if you havent seen the cartoon watch it before you play this, its almost like a tutorial to the game. of just mess around in versus mode untill you get comfortable.

Simple Cook
10-17-2002, 04:26 PM
I got it!
This game is loads of fun. Now if I can just get past the "Cats Eye" mission. Geez this is a hard game, but if it were easy, I wouldn't be playing it.

Has anyone made it past that board in chaper 3? Any help would be great.

OUberLord
10-23-2002, 09:26 PM
Cat's Eye was a $!%!^ until i tried this:

Stay in fighter mode at all times, and continually do flybys of the Cat's Eye about every 10-15 seconds, dropping decoys every time so enemy missiles wont hit the Cat's Eye. Between drops, target and destroy Fighter pods. Battle pods will only go after you can have ****-poor aiming, so if you concentrate on the fighter pods youll be fine. Keep in mind that even though missiles wont hit the Cats Eye the fighter pods will still strafe it with machine gun fire so you have to take them out as soon as you can.