PDA

View Full Version : Which hoops game?

treyz3
09-26-2002, 11:23 AM
With the release of NBA Live 2003 and NBA 2K3 coming up on October 8th, I was wondering which game most people are going to be picking up.

Games being released this year (to my knowledge):

NBA Live 2003 - 10/8
NBA 2K3 - 10/8
NBA Inside Drive 2003 - 10/15
NCAA Basketball 2K3 - 12/10

NBA Live series has been a disappointment as of late so I'm looking to take a very close look at the 2K3 titles this year, especially NCAA. And is Inside Drive even worth looking at?

Zion
09-26-2002, 01:26 PM
NBA 2k3 is pretty much the only choice. 2k2 was so much better than everything else last year that it wasn't even funny.

DJSteel
09-26-2002, 06:14 PM
Well now hold your horse, NBA Live is totally retooled so they are expecting Live to catch up with 2k3, but if u want online play 2k3 is your only choice, do NOT go with anything other than Sega or EA in terms of sports games, they are the masters of that domain

redcat
09-27-2002, 07:50 AM
Konami also has a hoops game called Starting Five or something like that. I think it's scheduled for release in December. No idea what that one will be like. Either way, NBA Live has been so incredibly bad in the past that they would have to have a completely new game to even make me consider throwing down $50. And judging from the preview footage of Inside Drive that I've seen, the only major change from last year will be roster updates. So I'm definitely leaning towards Sega this year for my basketball fix. Like NFL 2K3, they've added ESPN this year, although it's kind of strange to do that since ESPN doesn't actually show NBA games. Whatever.

treyz3
09-27-2002, 08:58 AM
This sounds like a good year to rent both games and see what's best. I'm surprised by the number of people that will buy or not buy a game because of who it's made by. I would hope that they would buy a game because they thought it was the best and not because it does or doesn't say "EA" or "Sega".

I'm very surprised that EA dropped the ball (hide your surprise, please) and isn't bringing March Madness to the Xbox. Not much of a choice for those who want a college hoops game this year, not that you had ANY choice last year.

DJSteel
09-27-2002, 09:17 AM
ESPN got the NBA license from NBC so they will be showing NBA Games and EA sports did redo the whole game