PDA

View Full Version : Which 2003 football game is better! Look Here

DJSteel
09-26-2002, 06:11 PM
Now, before I start ripping a new one into some of these games, please understand I have no affiliation with EA, Sega, or Microsoft. I am just stating the facts that i see helped me make my decision on which game is better.

Ok now it starts:

NFL Fever 2003 -

+ - Online play via Xbox Live, which there is little to no lag and really makes this game worth the money if you like to talk trash with the headset.
+ - Easier learning curve. Basic Passing and Running are easy to learn in around 2 sit downs with this game.

- - Passing is really horrible, the qbs touch passes are thrown out of a telephone booth and there is way too much time for dbs to get to the ball.
- - DB's intercept the ball way too easily, so that the Cincinnati Bengals could hold the best pass defense in the league, which is so fake.
- - Too high scoring and too arcadish. The only game where Gus Ferotte can throw for 400+ yds a game.

NFL 2k3 -

+ - Online Play also a bonus here
+ - Defensive and Offensive equilibrium, very nicely done.
+ - ESPN License
+ - Import Draft Classes from NCAA 2k3

- - Players move like robots sometimes.
- - Defense may be too good
- - Difficultly using moves when running ball.

Madden 2003 -

+ - Control every defensive player before the snap. using Line, LB, and DB shifting
+ - More responsive controls with the players
+ - Drill camp, to hone your skills on offense and defense
+ - Better passing engine than the three, very good controls over the passing.
+ - Import Draft Classes from NCAA 2003

- - No Online play on the Xbox
- - John Madden is still annoying, little less than last year

Best bang for you buck - Madden 2003
Best Online Game - NFL 2k3
Most Improved - Madden, NFL falls alittle behind with the addition of ESPN but still is nippin at it's heels

I hope you find this helpful, if you have other things you feel should be added to the list, feel free

KingAvi2k3
09-27-2002, 11:40 AM
You got to be joking..........................Madden, come on man!

KingAvi2k3
09-27-2002, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by KingAvi2k3
You got to be joking..........................Madden, come on man!

NFL2k3 is the bomb!

Zion
09-27-2002, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by DJSteel
Now, before I start ripping a new one into some of these games, please understand I have no affiliation with EA, Sega, or Microsoft. I am just stating the facts that i see helped me make my decision on which game is better.

Ok now it starts:

NFL Fever 2003 -

+ - Online play via Xbox Live, which there is little to no lag and really makes this game worth the money if you like to talk trash with the headset.
+ - Easier learning curve. Basic Passing and Running are easy to learn in around 2 sit downs with this game.

- - Passing is really horrible, the qbs touch passes are thrown out of a telephone booth and there is way too much time for dbs to get to the ball.
- - DB's intercept the ball way too easily, so that the Cincinnati Bengals could hold the best pass defense in the league, which is so fake.
- - Too high scoring and too arcadish. The only game where Gus Ferotte can throw for 400+ yds a game.

NFL 2k3 -

+ - Online Play also a bonus here
+ - Defensive and Offensive equilibrium, very nicely done.
+ - ESPN License
+ - Import Draft Classes from NCAA 2k3

- - Players move like robots sometimes.
- - Defense may be too good
- - Difficultly using moves when running ball.

Madden 2003 -

+ - Control every defensive player before the snap. using Line, LB, and DB shifting
+ - More responsive controls with the players
+ - Drill camp, to hone your skills on offense and defense
+ - Better passing engine than the three, very good controls over the passing.
+ - Import Draft Classes from NCAA 2003

Is this supposed to be a joke? If not, you're waaaaay off.

CrazyCougar
09-27-2002, 12:35 PM
Madden is just as good as 2k3. In my opinion. I like both! But Madden has the better college game to go with it. So Madden wins on that end. 2k3 has the online gaming so it wins on that end.

DJSteel
09-27-2002, 03:58 PM
Madden is the better of the three football games, If u are saying fever is u need slapped. I was giving my opinion. How is that opinion way off, I give Madden higher points just because i like controlling everything with the defense at the line of scrimmage unlike NFL 2k3 which u can only control one player at a time

Don't Hate!

tWoTOMA
09-27-2002, 05:59 PM
Madden is the better of the three football games, If u are saying fever is u need slapped. I was giving my opinion. How is that opinion way off, I give Madden higher points just because i like controlling everything with the defense at the line of scrimmage unlike NFL 2k3 which u can only control one player at a time

Don't Hate!

Have you played 2K3? It kills Madden. That's if you like realistic games. Madden looks fake with no real faces, huge helmets, short bodies, and stiff animations. Each limb is a separate entity in 2K3, so when someone dives on your leg, you can hobble around on the other or spin off it or whatever. The animations in 2K3 are the best of any sports game to date, by far. And the detail in the jerseys are great! Have you seen the wrinkles on your players sleeves near the elbow? Also, I have never sompleted a pass in triple coverage in 2K3, while it's all too easy in Madden. And although interior running is better in Madden 2003, it stil can't compare to the realism of 2K3. And Madden doesn't support XBL! :mad:

treyz3
09-27-2002, 08:36 PM
I've seen alot of this Madden vs 2K3 stuff since coming on here and the argument that I see alot is that 2K3 had XBL support.

So what's the big deal there? Does that mean that if Madden had XBL support and 2K3 didn't then it would be the far superior game? And the talk about wrinkles on jerseys? Come on! The graphics are icing on the cake after the gameplay. I have seen mentioned many times that the people think the gameplay in 2K3 is more realistic but that's all opinion.

Of course, that's what the whole debate comes down to: opinion. If you've been a Madden fan for years, you're more likely to stick with Madden. If you've been a Sega 2K series fan you're more likely to stick with 2K. I think the truest test is those that have no loyalties and choose a game for one thing: fun. And what's fun for me may not meet someone else's expectations.

So let's please not rip on the games, but only show the positives of the games being discussed. Unless it's Fever, cause that game totally sucks ass! :D

Nuff said, you may now return to your regular programming.

Pipetender
09-27-2002, 08:55 PM
N F L 2 K 3 ! 'Nuff said! ;)

KingAvi2k3
09-28-2002, 08:39 AM
There is a big different between a man game and a kid game. Sega NFL2k3 is the man game. Just face it! Some people can't handle the different defense. If you want to score alot of points. Go buy Madden or fever. You must have skillz here to play NFL2k3. We're getting the support now, still behind far as support goes.

Zion
09-28-2002, 09:26 AM

Don't Hate!

Uhhh...err....have you even played 2k3?? Sound like NOT.

You'd better play it before you go talking smack about it.

Madden has by far the worst control. I don't know what you mean by 'you can only control one player at a time'....how many do you want to control?? If you controlled them all, they would all do the exact same thing whenever you pressed a button. Although I guess seeing 11 guys dive tackle all at the same time would be funny, but it wouldn't help your game any.

netranger6
09-30-2002, 01:56 PM
I'm gonna chime in here, even if it's out of place.

First, opinions are what these boards are all about, with that said....

2KR is the shiite!

I'm so glad I traded in Fever'03, even if I lost some $$ in the process, I'll consider it tuition and fees for my football gaming education.

My first week I painstakingly struggled with 2k3, but with practice, reading, and playing, I have become quite good. Began with sliders all on Rookie, but as I have come to understand the defensive and offensive schemes of my Rams, they are all on Pro. So far, I'm 5-0 in my Franchise! Have even sacked a few times, twice were planned. My running game is good now that I know when and how to juke/spin/jump...still can't time the stiff arm right though. Graphically, this game is better than Fever. I was taken aback by the pirates cove at Tampa Bay, that was wayy nice. The AI is nothing to shrug off, for if you do, it will be a lonngg game. Now I need XBL to put my skillzz to the test.

Leviathon
10-02-2002, 10:09 AM
I just rented 2K3 last night and only played for a couple of hours. I have also played Fever. I have not played Madden. But here is my take so far.

Fever - Too easy game play, easy defensive interceptions. Some exaggerated player attributes like William Green from the Browns.
XBL is a plus - Also system linking is great fun. We had 8 guys playing about a month ago 4 vs. 4, once everyone got the hang of it we were playing some good games. Graphics are good, could be better.

2K3 - Graphics, AWESOME, game play requires some getting used too. I think running needs to be a little faster, however, I could be used to Fever and Madden style running. The player animations are FANTASTIC. Details in the jerseys, the players muscles, facial expressions. The After-the-play animations look really good. This game takes some getting used too along with the play calling, which I prefer Madden and Fever Style play calling

I still haven't played madden, but there seems to be a lot of people boycotting EA sports because all they are doing is importing PS2 games over to the box and not taking advantage of the hardware and the games the xbox can produce. I will still rent it and then decide. I still have a week with 2K3 and will probably rent madden this week to decided. But I will probably go with Fever or 2K3 because of system linking and XBL

CrazyCougar
10-02-2002, 11:14 AM
I've got Madden and 2k3 and both games are great. Only downfall to Madden is the fact it isnt XBL enabled. I have a feeling a lot of folks would change their tune if Madden was LIVE enabled and Sega would be behind the 8-ball again. I like BOTH games. Sega will have to keep up the good work , because I think next years Madden is gonna be the best yet.

Another thing Maden has is the ability to challange a play. Don't know why 2k3 would leave this option out. Oh well,maybe next year.

DZNUTZ
10-10-2002, 05:30 PM
comming from a LOOOONG time madden fan

imo if your gonna get only football game this year. go with NHL2k3

CharlieHustle
10-14-2002, 09:47 PM
I was in EB last week takin back Conflict DS, and i was debating on wheather to get Madden or Nfl 2k3. I had all of sega sports games on the dc and i also bought nfl2k2 on the xbox(when i already had Madden) when it was released, but i took it back, because it felt like the dc version with better graphics. Now one of my friends have nfl 2k3 and i have played it many times on the xbox, i was very impressed, but it seemed like every time i caughted the ball, and the opponent hit me i dropped the damn ball and it was incomplete. My only other gripe about the game was i was playin D on the goalline(dolphins) and my friend was playin with the raiders he threw the ball in the middle of the field, i was there to pick the ball off, and the ball literally went right through my man (Zach Thomas). I even replayed it to show him. I was discouraged after that. I really think that both games are even as far as gameplay wise, but i would prefer to live with madden instead. As consoumers, we buy the games we think is the best for us, i was more comfortable with madden, i probably will get 2k3 when XBL comes out, but until then madden is for me. I will never chose live over nba2k3 though.(common sense)

ARONO129
10-27-2002, 12:10 AM
I had high hopes for NFL 2K3 when I bought it. The announcer sounds horrible. What the H*LL kind of voice is that? Sega should get rid of him next year. There is also no customizable camera angles either.

Madden is still the better of the two and Fever isn't a sim, it's arcade so I don't even put it in the same catagory.

CrimsonChaos
10-27-2002, 05:58 AM
I'll make this short and sweet.

Fever 2003 is by far the worst. Compared to the others, its graphics are weak and gameplay even worse.

Madden 2003 is much better than its previous year's version, but it's still extremely boring to play.

NFL2K3 is slightly improved over NFL2K2 and a lot of fun, but until it drops in price I wouldn't recommend buying it simply because it isn't THAT much better than NFL2K2.

In summary, none of the 2003 football games are so much better than last year's versions that you should be running out and buying them. I'm sure I offended all kinds of people, but I have confidence you'll get over it.

Snoopy7548
10-27-2002, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ
comming from a LOOOONG time madden fan

imo if your gonna get only football game this year. go with NHL2k3

thats not a football game, lol

tWoTOMA
11-14-2002, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by ARONO129
I had high hopes for NFL 2K3 when I bought it. The announcer sounds horrible. What the H*LL kind of voice is that? Sega should get rid of him next year. There is also no customizable camera angles either.

Madden is still the better of the two and Fever isn't a sim, it's arcade so I don't even put it in the same catagory.

Madden's commentary sucks! The name value isn't enought o make up for Madden's ridiculous quotes and the lack of any type of emotion or interaction between the announcers. 2K3's guys talk to each other and feel like they are actually watching a game, not reading from a card.

Also, 2K4 will have ESPN announcers.

Liquidmc
11-18-2002, 06:39 AM
By far, 2k3 is the better football THIS year!

bbchs_trash
11-25-2002, 12:27 PM
Most Improved: Madden?

Whhhhaaaaaaattttttttt?

NFL 2k3 only slightly improved over 2k2?

Whhhhaaaaaaattttttttt?

I remember 2k2, first games score was: 88-6

I remember 2k3, first games score was: 88-6

Only difference?

I won the game in 2k3, lost the game in 2k3. This game is so much better than 2k2 it isn't funny. I no longer use the spin move to break every tackle on the field and I no longer break 75 yard rushes every time I hand it off. I like Madden, but definately like 2k3 a tad more. If Madden was online it would probably hold my opinion the same. In some ways I like Madden more, while in a lot of ways I like Fever more. There a few kinks to work out but most improved is definately 2k3!