PDA

View Full Version : The Real Deal on The Xbox

Rhawkins
09-26-2002, 07:29 PM
Wow, you all are so depressed about the Xbox. I wasnt sure if I was in an Xbox forum or not! I admit, I was like you all once. Not sure of the Xbox. But I made my decision, getting one and all. And I love it to death.

So the Xbox has now sold over 4 million worldwide. You all act like its nothing. I did the sketchy math, and that comes out to 12,121 units sold per day worldwide up until now. Not that bad for a console in less than a year. Not bad, eh?

I also see alot of talk of how the Xbox Xclusive line-up is weakening. Not really. The Xbox needs all the healthy games now more than ever. So if developers need a couple more months to pump a what would of been without the delay, a good game, to a spectacular game. Let them! It'll be worth it.

Also, who is to say the Xbox line-up isnt huge? Look, we're getting every game on other systems with upgrades, except for a few RPG's, monkey's locked in clear balls, and the mindless monstrosity that is GTA. I'd see we have it off pretty well.

You all should be proud of what we got. We miss a few games hear and there, and we gain alot every month or two. Of course, Im referring to the infamously known Rare/MS deal. We now get all those great Nintendo games, without paying 200 dollars more, the system and the game..

And on a more personal note. Im getting a new Xbox, my old one is broken, and I remember going down to my local Wal-Mart and finding 10-12 Xbox's stacked up on a shelf. I go there to lay it away, and there is only one...good signs my X-friends...good signs in deed. Laterz.

**Reese Hawkins**

P.S. Also, Im on the TechTV Extended Play message Boards all the time, Im under the same name, drop by, the console board is teeming with life..Laterz

Slacker
09-26-2002, 08:13 PM
I agree, so many chicken littles on these boards it's pathetic, and its about time we all stand up to them,

Afro Aura
09-26-2002, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by AloneInTheDark
I guess some people are anti-box now more than ever. They are just seeing everything slip away not knowing that what slipped, is coming back monsterous. But most of the time these pesimistic people are just ps2 fanboys comin and trashin
I agree with the PS2 fanboy trashin but who cares the XBOX won't take over the PS2 for sometime and we all know this but in time it'll take it's place and maybe rule out the PS3 when the XBOX 2 arrives

anyway like you Rhawkins I was a bit depressed with the XBOX at the start but then I realised that it is made buy the richest company in the world and I don't think it would let it's baby die that why I've got 2 hehehehe one US and one PAL

with the online for the XBOX this machine is gonna kick @ss

Bring it on!!

PS do we still get GC fanboys in here as well?

robnyack
09-26-2002, 08:46 PM
depressed???????

How the hell could anyone be depressed over the xbox (unless they are depressed because they do not have one!)

XBL is freiking AWESOME - if you don't have it now, trust me, you will love it. PS2 owners have NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING they can even compare to.

New games are just pouring out, and the spicket will not be turned off until after xmas

depressed??? holy cow....I'm pratically giddy!!!!

Evil_Dr_Beefy
09-26-2002, 10:09 PM
Dude.....leave the chest beating xbox fanboyism and anti japanese console bashing at teamxbox will you......You don't have to bash the playstation 2 or the gamecube to feel good about owning an xbox. People are depressed because some of the games haven't lived up to the hype. In which i blame microsoft's quality control. I think the depresstion should disappear once the xbox live, upcoming xmas pricecut and they fire the guy in charge of quality control. The xbox has got a strong future ahead of it.......let them bellyache.....we are all in it for the long haul.:D

robnyack
09-28-2002, 09:23 AM
People are depressed because some of the games haven't lived up to the hype.

yea, xbox is the only platform that suffers from bad games. good friggin lord.

90% OF ALL GAMES, FOR ALL PLATFORMS, SUCK. It's that simple. out of every 10 games released, you there is probalby one good one. The rest are crap. PS2, GC, Xbox, pc, doesn't matter.

That's the way it's always been, and that's the way it will always be. Get over it.

Afro Aura
09-28-2002, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by robnyack

90% OF ALL GAMES, FOR ALL PLATFORMS, SUCK. It's that simple. out of every 10 games released, you there is probalby one good one. The rest are crap. PS2, GC, Xbox, pc, doesn't matter.

That's the way it's always been, and that's the way it will always be. Get over it.
LOL your so cynical

robnyack
09-28-2002, 05:59 PM
tell me I'm wrong! It's been that way forever, no matter what platform you are talking about. Most games SUCK!

I have had the 90% rule for a long time. 90% of all games SUCK!!!!!

I've accepted it, and have moved on. My life is much more peaceful now.

:)

Afro Aura
09-28-2002, 08:04 PM
tell me I'm wrong! It's been that way forever, no matter what platform you are talking about. Most games SUCK!

:)
good for you, let's see how long this 'games suck!!' in November:D

Squidpie
09-28-2002, 08:28 PM

I agree... the worst part of it is that if you buy a game that you think will be good.. get it home and see that it sucks... then you can only exchange it for the same game... I think that the stores should have to allow you to return it for your money back or another game if you don't like the game.. maybe that would help make the developers try harder to please us.

Afro Aura
09-28-2002, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Squidpie

I agree... the worst part of it is that if you buy a game that you think will be good.. get it home and see that it sucks... then you can only exchange it for the same game... I think that the stores should have to allow you to return it for your money back or another game if you don't like the game.. maybe that would help make the developers try harder to please us.
Hmmm Squidpie maybe you should get as much info on a game before you buy and don't you have a look at the back of the box to give you some sort of game it is, over here if a game is crap we can take it back and either get a refund, exchange for another game or get a credit note (shame this doesn't apply to imports) anyway as I said to robnyack things are looking good in November - December and maybe a little bit in October

robnyack
09-29-2002, 07:36 AM
the worst part of it is that if you buy a game that you think will be good.. get it home and see that it sucks... then you can only exchange it for the same game...

no, no ,no!!! BUY YOUR GAMES AT EB!!!!! EB has a fantastic return policy on games. If you buy a game, get it home, play it, and you hate it.....then you have the one time option of taking it back and exchanging it for ANOTHER game.

I love that policy.

Highlite23
09-29-2002, 11:44 PM

no, no ,no!!! BUY YOUR GAMES AT EB!!!!! EB has a fantastic return policy on games. If you buy a game, get it home, play it, and you hate it.....then you have the one time option of taking it back and exchanging it for ANOTHER game.

I love that policy.

Game Stop has the same exchange policy, it's a wonderfull thing.

And just for the record, i think the XBOX IS and WILL BE fine. I still am happy with my decision and i enjoy my system on a daily basis. Every game isn't going to be a million seller, but that doesn't make it bad. One gamers "Bomb" is another gamers "Must Have".

The sky is not falling.;)

japes1
09-30-2002, 12:08 AM

:) Yeah you are right, most games do suck. But lets face it, games always look better on the xbox. I just brought Blood Omen 2!!!

Squidpie
10-03-2002, 11:24 AM

I love that policy.

Hey.. thanx for telling me that... I usually buy my games at Toys R Us and Circuit City..... I'll try the EB next time.

Afro Aura... I wish that I could tell alot by the back of a game box... and even readin what others say is not guarantee that I will feel the same way about a game... I agree those things help.. but even after using those methods ..there are times I still end up getting a game I just don't care to much for... the hype doesn't always mean much.

Afro Aura
10-03-2002, 03:55 PM

there are times I still end up getting a game I just don't care to much for... the hype doesn't always mean much.
true, true:confused:

kornavs19
10-03-2002, 05:07 PM

I used to think of that...But then i thouht....Thats like renting a game for free...Say u spend 50$ on a game...You dont like it you return it and get 50$ back...Then you have played the game, and gave it back...And you dont lose any money in the end...But rental stores would lose huge profits so thats probably why no stores do it....:)

P.S...I might get flamed for this and thats stupid but i dont care :
I havnt played X-Box in like 6 months..5 or 6...Maybe more....
I would play it but my bro. got a PS2 and he has it where i had the X-Box...And the X-Box doesnt work on any of the other tvs..
IM goanna wait another month or 2 untill i get my own tv to hook it up too...Its weird i wanted the games i have now...Got them and got sick of em...Thats probably cause i only have four games ( NHL2002 , AMPED, Dave Mirra BMX 2, NFL Fever 200)