PDA

View Full Version : WARNING DO read this before buying LOTR

rohackle
09-26-2002, 08:06 PM
i cant ****in believe this...
i bought lotr today, pop it in my machine... looks ugly as hell by the way...
get to the game and BOOM!
missing textures and ****... the menu palette is missing...
i take out the disk run my shirt over it cause i think it's dirty or something..
still doesnt work
I take it back to gamestop here in san diego and they look at the disk and tell me its scratched.. well **** i think i'll take a different
copy...
i put that one in an dit does THE SAME THING...
i took that one back and told them to pop it in thier xbox and it is.... FINE... nothing wrong with the game...
i say well i guess ****... i'll have to take it back i guess...
and it still does the SAME thing here.. all my other games are fine... they say its something wrong with my xbox .... WTF

Afro Aura
09-26-2002, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by rohackle
i cant ****in believe this...
i bought lotr today, pop it in my machine... looks ugly as hell by the way...
get to the game and BOOM!
missing textures and ****... the menu palette is missing...
i take out the disk run my shirt over it cause i think it's dirty or something..
still doesnt work
I take it back to gamestop here in san diego and they look at the disk and tell me its scratched.. well **** i think i'll take a different
copy...
i put that one in an dit does THE SAME THING...
i took that one back and told them to pop it in thier xbox and it is.... FINE... nothing wrong with the game...
i say well i guess ****... i'll have to take it back i guess...
and it still does the SAME thing here.. all my other games are fine... they say its something wrong with my xbox .... WTF
Dude what you saying about this game are you saying it's good or bad?

or does the disk have scratches all over the disk?

japes1
09-26-2002, 08:49 PM
I even hate the name of this game, it's as bad as lol.

Zion
09-26-2002, 08:58 PM
You must have copied that from a post in on the usenet, I saw the same thing. What you didn't see was the guy getting slammed because his TV or setup is flawed..not the game.

J Dub
09-26-2002, 09:48 PM
LOL! The n00b got busted.

MerimacHamwich
09-26-2002, 09:52 PM
What a sad state of affairs it is when people have to start saying that the game is flawed when obviously it is thier xbox.

Variation-XBA
09-27-2002, 06:08 AM
You sir....are an idiot ;)

Knight
09-27-2002, 08:29 AM
rohackle why did you post this 3 times??

Game_Geek
09-27-2002, 09:08 AM
Bought this game yesterday, looks great. They did a good job with the bump-mapping! Took awhile to get used to the controls. But its a very fun game, worth the $50 IMO.

Knight
09-27-2002, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Game_Geek
Bought this game yesterday, looks great. They did a good job with the bump-mapping! Took awhile to get used to the controls. But its a very fun game, worth the $50 IMO.

Hows the sound & music?? Does it support more then 2-channel sound?? If you rated it number/10 what would you give it??

Game_Geek
09-27-2002, 09:26 AM
My xbox was not hooked up to my 5.1, I was at my friends house, but the music is epic and compelling. I'd give it 8/10, I have not played it on my HDTV or 5.1 yet so my score is not final.

rohackle
09-27-2002, 12:04 PM
yeah i posted this message to like 10 different groups... i was going crazy because the same problem happened to me twice.. nothing was or is wrong wiht my tv.. i could tell that something was up with the textures in the game.. on all three different copies i got of the game.. i took one copy over to a friends house and it was messed up on his machine too... I just felt ripped off you know... buying a 56 dollar game and not being able to use the damn thing. AND not being able to return it. AND it not being my set-up's fault.

this is the guy's post that has the same problem as me:
http://s2.cgi.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.asp?board=14840&topic=4459102

MerimacHamwich
09-27-2002, 07:30 PM
Oh but it was your xbox. How can 3 different copies all be flawed? Trust me, it was your xbox.

Knight
09-27-2002, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
Oh but it was your xbox. How can 3 different copies all be flawed? Trust me, it was your xbox.

Or maybe he doesn't own a XBox and likes to post lies about XBox games!!

MerimacHamwich
09-27-2002, 09:12 PM
True True...

rohackle
09-27-2002, 10:10 PM
you guys are really harsh man... just trying to get some help from the xbox peeps... i traded my ps2 in for an xbox and never looked back.

heres some responses on my prob... which tons of other people have had also:

http://s2.cgi.gamefaqs.com/boards/gentopic.asp?board=14840

oh yeah sorry im such a newb i cant have a cool "swollen member" signature under my posts...
proud to be canadian... there's an oxymoron

DIGITAL
09-28-2002, 12:30 PM
you guys are really harsh man... just trying to get some help from the xbox peeps... i traded my ps2 in for an xbox and never looked back.

heres some responses on my prob... which tons of other people have had also:

http://s2.cgi.gamefaqs.com/boards/gentopic.asp?board=14840

oh yeah sorry im such a newb i cant have a cool "swollen member" signature under my posts...
proud to be canadian... there's an oxymoron i think your telling the truth,but it might just be the store you got it from ,maybe they got a bad batch of games,happened to a target near me with the game hunter!

Zion
09-28-2002, 12:39 PM
yeah i posted this message to like 10 different groups... i was going crazy because the same problem happened to me twice.. nothing was or is wrong wiht my tv.. i could tell that something was up with the textures in the game.. on all three different copies i got of the game.. i took one copy over to a friends house and it was messed up on his machine too... I just felt ripped off you know... buying a 56 dollar game and not being able to use the damn thing. AND not being able to return it. AND it not being my set-up's fault.

this is the guy's post that has the same problem as me:
http://s2.cgi.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.asp?board=14840&topic=4459102

So explain how it's happening on YOUR Xbox and YOUR Xbox only?

XBOX Dude
09-28-2002, 01:25 PM
is it just me or does his post look like he's smokin something and it must be his xbox or somethin else if the problem even exisits cause they would'nt ship a defective game

Afro Aura
09-28-2002, 04:04 PM
well as your all talking about it whats the game like?

robnyack
09-28-2002, 05:55 PM
I just felt ripped off you know... buying a 56 dollar game and not being able to use the damn thing. AND not being able to return it.

guess you should buy your games at EB where you have the one time option of returning any game you bought and getting another one in it's place....no questions asked.

to be honest, i don't even know what the hell you are talking about.

Kortiz
09-28-2002, 09:55 PM
hey in this day and age, everyone thinks you are an idiot

you = everyone.
just so you dont think im saying just YOU are an idiot, because whether you are or not, peeps will think you are. fact of life man.
so dont sweat it.

life is like a box of chocolates you never know what ur gonna get.