PDA

View Full Version : My Xbox Keeps Locking up!

boogya1
09-27-2002, 07:00 AM
Not all the time , but every now and then. My Xbox locks up , mostly when playing Morrowind, and recently with the Thing.
Is there anyway to prevent this from happening?
( If its a heat issue, i try to keep it as far away as possible from other electronics)

Rochey69r
09-27-2002, 07:40 AM
mate yourve set yourself up here.

anyone that has under 20 posts on these forums has problems.

see what im saying here?

your either a lamcube fanboy or a ps2 fanboy

:mad: :mad: :mad:

dont believe you!!

neither will anyone else!!! :mad:

Chaotic
09-27-2002, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Rochey69r
mate yourve set yourself up here.

anyone that has under 20 posts on these forums has problems.

see what im saying here?

your either a lamcube fanboy or a ps2 fanboy

:mad: :mad: :mad:

dont believe you!!

neither will anyone else!!! :mad:

Why would you accuse him of being a fanboy because he has under 20 post :confused: ?? His question is nicely asked and he would like some advice and feedback on what his problem could be. I don't see one comment in his post that has anything to do with being a fanboy or ripping the xbox. :mad:

Now to your question I would get a lense cleaner and maybe even some canned air and blow out and dust inside the xbox or anything thats sitting on the laser can be cleaned with a lense cleaner, otherwise if it keeps happeing i would look into getting a replacement.

Knight
09-27-2002, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by boogya1
Not all the time , but every now and then. My Xbox locks up , mostly when playing Morrowind, and recently with the Thing.
( If its a heat issue, i try to keep it as far away as possible from other electronics)

If you had it for less then 90 then get a replacement, if you can take it back to the store for a new one do it!!

Afro Aura
09-27-2002, 10:39 AM
Shame on you Rochey69r he's asked a simple question, if he is a fanboy or not who cares

I agree with TheMentorsXbox get a lens cleaner and if that doesn't help get a replacment, seems to me you haven't had your XBOX long

Afro Aura
09-27-2002, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Knight

If you had it for less then 90 then get a replacement,
What the meaning of this question?

CrazyCougar
09-27-2002, 10:54 AM
90 days or less he can take it back to the store and get it replaced no questions asked. I think thats what he means.

Rochey leave your stupid comments to yourself. Maybe he just joined! If ya notice his date says Septemeber2002. Ya freakin idiot. Now whos not going to be listened too ha Rochey? Way to represent yourself bud. Class act. NOT!

Dre
09-27-2002, 12:01 PM

It could also just be the game. I don't know about The Thing, but Morrowind was buggy as hell and it froze my Xbox on more than one occasion.

Rochey69r
09-29-2002, 03:14 AM
Originally posted by CrazyCougar
90 days or less he can take it back to the store and get it replaced no questions asked. I think thats what he means.

Rochey leave your stupid comments to yourself. Maybe he just joined! If ya notice his date says Septemeber2002. Ya freakin idiot. Now whos not going to be listened too ha Rochey? Way to represent yourself bud. Class act. NOT!

settle down cougar!

noticed he hasnt replied to any of our replys??

he hasnt been desperate for advice has he??

saying "thanx ill give it a try cleaning my lense, or taking back my xbox"

just another loser with nothing better to do than post here cause he wants to give xbox a bad rep.

GokuX
09-29-2002, 03:15 AM

Do you leave your DVD kit plugged in while you play??

boogya1
09-29-2002, 03:26 AM
Everyone,

Thanks for the advice....
It will help me out allot:)

P.S.
Im not a Fanboy:mad:

GokuX
09-29-2002, 03:30 AM

P.S.
Im not a Fanboy:mad:

We know, it's the usual initiation ritual most new people gotta go through when they make their first post regarding an Xbox problem. I went through the same thing a year ago so I feel for ya.

boogya1
09-29-2002, 03:36 AM
Glad someone out there, can stickup for a newbee:)

GokuX
09-29-2002, 03:38 AM
Don't let it scare ya away aight. Stick around and I think you'll come to like these boards alot.