PDA

View Full Version : My 15 minutes with Fever

packermark
11-11-2001, 03:58 PM
Stopped by BB to pickup a modem for my Dad and wandered over where the console games were being displayed. Much to my amazement Fever was on playable display. I reset the game and changed some the settings. Example 15qtrs All-Pro level slow game pace sideline camera etc, etc. I have never owned a console system much less played one . But afer waiting 4 years for EA to quit putting out polished turds for football games I figured that MS could do what EA doesn't care about doing. Since the implosion of the FB Pro series it looks like MS is almost there. The game looks almost identical to the PC version. Game play was very realistic. It seemed that the motion on the field was just a tad slow. I played the qtr in what you would call "Coach" mode. Call the play and watch the action. I want to be able to out think the computer. I always will care more about gameplay, stats, and being realistic. But the half hour I stood there and played convinced me that X-Box NFL Fever '02 will be the best football sim on the market.

If you have any questions about the gameplay I will be more than happy to reply to them. I am 44 years old and at 8:30am I WILL BE FIRST IN LINE AT EB AT THE LAKELAND SQUARE MALL TO PICK MY SYSTEM UP. I have already told my wife that i will be glued to the controller for the rest of the day. My days of having to make do with EA's polished TURD (Madden whatever) are long gone. Long live FEVER!!!!!!!!!:p

Xboxmaster2001
11-11-2001, 04:02 PM
woa your 44 thats cool and an xboxer sweet i have one question though i herd the play picking is bad what do you think?

packermark
11-11-2001, 04:10 PM
I played Seattle at GB night and snow falling. the computer play calling for Sea. was very realistic. No set pattern to play calling on off. or def. At the end of the qtr I was trailing 14 zip but I was trying all different plays and formations the works. Not in least predictable. Hope that helps.

Xboxmaster2001
11-11-2001, 04:18 PM
yes it does thanks and one more question what would you rate it

packermark
11-11-2001, 04:54 PM
As Fox Radio's Tony Bruno would say and I quote "Beeeeutifuuuul" 4 3/4 stars Madden (whatever) and I quote Tony Bruno again "It stinks out loud!!!!!!!!!"

darianX
11-11-2001, 08:21 PM
I'm glad to see there are other gamers out there older than me (I'm 32)....:D I .....am buying the xbox for my son....really....honest....

AlBoogy
11-11-2001, 11:22 PM
I liked fever to, i picked it up as well. I agree with your sentiments of EA. But obviously you havent played the sega 2k series. If you did you would have picked yourself up a dreamcast.

mojo__31
11-12-2001, 01:22 PM
I agree, the Sega 2k2 is a great game, I was very tempted to hold off on buying an Xbox and just buy a Dreamcast Sports Pack for $100, but I decided to splurge for the Xbox. Only problem, the extra $600 I am spedning on the Xbox and games is causing me to miss a car payment, **** games, my banker isn't happy with me, lol.