PDA

View Full Version : Any hope about Thief III ??

Shadow20002
09-27-2002, 09:22 PM
Are we getting Thief III (Xbox) ?? The website (www.thief3.com) still display the coming soon message. Anyone got something about this sneak title ??

Hugh_Jass
09-28-2002, 09:59 AM
I don't think they made any announcements at E3. That means it probably won't be out in 2002.

I imagine they were going to use the same graphics engine as Thief 2 and then decided it couldn't compete against Splinter Cell. They will probably spend the rest of 2002 porting the game to a modern graphics engine and we'll see the title 1Q2003 at the earliest.

Yes, I have great hope that this title will see the light of day...eventually. The Thief franchise has a unique and distinguished history. The genre is compelling. It must not die.

[oXo]
10-07-2002, 07:48 PM
I hope it comes to the xbox since I LOVE the thief games. They are on my top 3 of all time. I don't think I will get it for the xbox since I find the controls in these kinda games annoying= 2 sticks for movement. The precision can soon go out the window. And In heavy action talk about panic. That's why I wont buy, for instance, Hitman 2 for the xbox (I have it for the pc) since it uses similar control as I believe Thief III will. The mouse and keyboard are the best for these kinda FPS games.
But I still hope the publish it for the xbox only to boost the number of titles available ;)