PDA

View Full Version : Un F**ken Real

DIGITAL
09-28-2002, 04:42 PM
i just downloaded the demo for unreal tournament 2003,i didnt know what to expect since i never played the game or saw it in action an all i can say is wow.i cannot wait for the unreal game to come out on xbox ,an with xbox live i dont think ill be leaving my house at all this winter.does anyone got a release date on this game.an to the mods i put 2 stars in that naughty words ,if its still offensive im sorry!:cool:

MerimacHamwich
09-28-2002, 05:14 PM
Well, Unreal Championship is going to be different than Unreal Tournament 2003. There will be vehicles and other stuff. So the game you played may be nothing like UC as far as we know. However, I think it is a good bet to look at this demo for UT2003 as a sort of 10 second teaser to the full beauty of UC. You should go the games section here at xba and read about UC. You will understand what I mean better.

DeathKnightMaF
09-28-2002, 05:28 PM
I really don't see how you can think it's "Un ****en Real". You must not play many FPS's.

DIGITAL
09-28-2002, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by DeathKnightMaF
I really don't see how you can think it's "Un ****en Real". You must not play many FPS's. im not a pc gamer ,ive played halo ,bond on 64,doom,an i think unreal is faster an smoother then the others

DeathKnightMaF
09-28-2002, 05:36 PM
That's why right there, heh.

As soon as I tried the demo a while ago I was about to keel over from boredom. The visuals are also nothing to write home about (I have a GF4 Ti4200).

Knight
09-28-2002, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by DIGITAL
i just downloaded the demo for unreal tournament 2003,i didnt know what to expect since i never played the game or saw it in action an all i can say is wow.i cannot wait for the unreal game to come out on xbox ,an with xbox live i dont think ill be leaving my house at all this winter.does anyone got a release date on this game.an to the mods i put 2 stars in that naughty words ,if its still offensive im sorry!:cool:

I just got the Full game from EB and if you think the lvl's in the demo look good, try looking at the full game(you can set the gfx lvl's higher in the full game)!!

DIGITAL
09-28-2002, 05:56 PM
i just found out that unreal comes out on november 12,the day after my birthday.im gonna have a very sweet november with unreal an xbox live!:D

MerimacHamwich
09-28-2002, 06:22 PM
That guy who is saying UT2003 is not good is crazy. I do not know how he could not like it. Boring you say? Whatever.

DeathKnightMaF
09-28-2002, 06:53 PM
Yep, pretty boring. It's just UT with "better graphics".

I'll be getting UC ;)

JJaX
09-28-2002, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by DeathKnightMaF
Yep, pretty boring. It's just UT with "better graphics".

I'll be getting UC ;)

I hate to Burst anyones bubble. But UC is just about the same thing as UT2003.

All guns are all the same, Thats a pretty good start? The players models are all the same too.

Sure they have different names, but i feel the only difference will be a few maps. Thats about it.

So i wouldnt call UT2003 "sneak peek" at UC.

DIGITAL
09-28-2002, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by JJaX

I hate to Burst anyones bubble. But UC is just about the same thing as UT2003.

All guns are all the same, Thats a pretty good start? The players models are all the same too.

Sure they have different names, but i feel the only difference will be a few maps. Thats about it.

So i wouldnt call UT2003 "sneak peek" at UC. do you mean you would call ut2003 a sneak peek at UC

MerimacHamwich
09-28-2002, 09:54 PM
Well JJAX I guess you will just have to find out when the game comes out. Some different things are: Vehicles, Reloading stations for weapons, combo like moves and XBOXLIVE!

Ofcourse that last one was obvious and wasnt needed but hey. Gotta love the LIVE.

torquemb
09-28-2002, 11:52 PM
Axtually from what I hear the games are almost identical with the x box getting a couple of bonus levels. Vehicles have been dropped. Not sure if it is still going but FYE has unreal championshiop for $29!! I ordered it.

JJaX
09-29-2002, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
Well JJAX I guess you will just have to find out when the game comes out. Some different things are: Vehicles, Reloading stations for weapons, combo like moves and XBOXLIVE!

Ofcourse that last one was obvious and wasnt needed but hey. Gotta love the LIVE.

What i think UC is really doing is giving a console gamer a taste of what PC gamers have been doing for quite some time. But Xbox takes it to the next level with XBL.

Although voice chat is available on the PC, Xbox just makes it even simpler.

MerimacHamwich
09-29-2002, 03:50 PM
That would suck if they took out vehicles. I think...:confused:

I still cannot wait for the game. Even if it is gonna be practically the same as the PC version. That demo that is out rules.

OZXboxAddict
09-30-2002, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
That would suck if they took out vehicles. I think...:confused:

I still cannot wait for the game. Even if it is gonna be practically the same as the PC version. That demo that is out rules.

From what I've read vehicles have definitely been dropped but its rumoured that it could be downloadable content in the future, fingers X.