PDA

View Full Version : Are Xbox owners a smarter breed of human?

Bigwig
09-29-2002, 04:10 PM
I see much better hardware and software then Sony and GC without any add-ons for broadband, 4-player, or a HD. Software is debatable but whats up???
:D

MerimacHamwich
09-29-2002, 04:22 PM
It is called consumer advertising. Most of the general public (when going to buy something) doesn't do much research. They go by what the tv, radio, internet and or friends said was the best thing to get. Basically they are slaves to pop culture. Millions of people, including celebrities, think that PS2 is the best becuase they submit to mass marketing. I don't know if I would go as far as saying xbox owners are a superioir breed of human but they just use logic and look at the facts. XBOX is a better console all around than any of the others. It is all in the facts.

Nameless
09-29-2002, 04:39 PM
No they are not smarter.
And is Xbox the best console? Maybe to Xbox fanboys, but to PS2 fanboys their system suits what they want same with GC fanboys. It's not always about best hardware, it is about the kind of games you like and which system will deliver more of them.

Toast
09-29-2002, 05:30 PM
lol, i wouldent agree with a smarter human, thats a bit fanboyish, lol. but i think we did make the smarter buy

Snoopy7548
09-29-2002, 07:21 PM
me is smart, cuz i own xbox!:D

Evil_Dr_Beefy
09-29-2002, 07:28 PM
It's a great system....and this is a great board. .....and it's only going to get better:D

evil xbox king
09-29-2002, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
me is smart, cuz i own xbox!:D

Professor Kaos
09-29-2002, 09:27 PM
ima genious, thats all there is to it.

Squidpie
09-29-2002, 09:30 PM
I must be really smart.. I own Xbox... GC..and PS2 :D

xboxmaster2002
09-29-2002, 09:41 PM
i think it just means that we have better taste... i have all 3 as well and all 3 of them have good games but xbox is the best by far... i mean we havent seen what the xbox can do i think we will start once splinter cell comes out and then halo 2. its really weird though i know some people that have a ps2 and thats it and they absolutly hate the xbox and say they arent ever getting one and they must see its better all the games are ported over to xbox with better graphics... personally im not a big fan of ps2 but i think burnout 2 and contra will change my mind, then i can start playing my ps2 agian :cool:

and playya its genius :D

Variation-XBA
09-30-2002, 01:01 AM
We all still sit on our asses and play games all day http://216.40.241.68/contrib/ruinkai/biggrinyoyoA.gifhehe

evil xbox king
09-30-2002, 02:34 AM
Originally posted on the 'Whats your IQ?' thread in Off Topic Lounge by evil xbox king
I took that test and got 175:cool: but, when I was 6 yrs old I had a professional psychologist give me an IQ test and I got 140:D (Top one % of Australians!!!)

This just shows how bumped up the Internet score is and until someone posts a score of 141 done by a professional than I rest my case.

MY BRAIN OWNZ JOO!!!

Xbox = Intelligence

Originally posted by xboxmaster2002
i think it just means that we have better taste...

Our taste is better too!!!

Originally posted byToast
i think we did make the smarter buy

Notice these words- we (as in Xbox owners) and Smarter!!!

Another convincing argument. So far we've got on Xbox owners 3, Ps2 and GC owners 0.

Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
they just use logic and look at the facts.

We use logic and facts? Sounds smart to me!

XBOX is a better console all around than any of the others. It is all in the facts.

Couldn't have said it better my self. Anywho, we've come to the end of a very 'smart' post!

Conclusion: Xbox owners ARE the superior breed of human.

japes1
09-30-2002, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by Bigwig
I see much better hardware and software then Sony and GC without any add-ons for broadband, 4-player, or a HD. Software is debatable but whats up???
:D When I was at the store these 2 guys brought 2 ps2 games and the total was over a hundred dollars. Glad that wasn't me.:)

xboxmaster2002
09-30-2002, 03:14 AM
Originally posted by japes1
When I was at the store these 2 guys brought 2 ps2 games and the total was over a hundred dollars. Glad that wasn't me.:)

wouldnt that have been the same price no matter what console?

laughs
09-30-2002, 07:08 AM
It is called consumer advertising. Most of the general public (when going to buy something) doesn't do much research. They go by what the tv, radio, internet and or friends said was the best thing to get. Basically they are slaves to pop culture. Millions of people, including celebrities, think that PS2 is the best becuase they submit to mass marketing. I don't know if I would go as far as saying xbox owners are a superioir breed of human but they just use logic and look at the facts. XBOX is a better console all around than any of the others. It is all in the facts.

I agree with this, but i'm just wondering where in the world is the $500,000,000 in advertising XBOX was going to shell out. I see at least twice as many ps2 commercials than I do XBOX ones. I know XBOX has more money so where is it? I would imagine a lot of advertising in the upcoming months will appear by XBOX.

mmichael0
09-30-2002, 07:33 AM
I also got a Atari Jaguar , I wonder what that means :eek: