PDA

View Full Version : has anyone played commandos?



bob808
09-29-2002, 05:56 PM
this game looks like it could be a keeper...
if the transition from pc to xbox went smoothly. I want some user opinions before i buy this game.. Thanks for the replys.

PcPreacher
10-01-2002, 03:20 PM
My Brother bought Commandos and I have gone over there a few times to play it. He loves it, I have only played it for a few hours but I think from what I have played of it that i'm gonna buy it. I have never played the pc version so i don't know how to compare them. My first impression of the game was not good. It seemed very hard and complicated but after about an hour I was catching on and found myself not wanting to leave his house. It is by far the most challenging game i have played so far on the xbox. very deep game that i think is worth the price because you won't beat it for a while.

bob808
10-02-2002, 01:26 AM
Sweet! So far, this game sounds promising. thanks for the reply. i would like to get a few more to get a better feel, but you make it sound like a keeper. Let me know if you play it more or how many hours you have played it. Thanks again

Chaotic
10-02-2002, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by bob808
Sweet! So far, this game sounds promising. thanks for the reply. i would like to get a few more to get a better feel, but you make it sound like a keeper. Let me know if you play it more or how many hours you have played it. Thanks again

It's a good game if you like a challenge and don't play games off graphics.

evil xbox king
10-03-2002, 02:34 AM
Commando's 2 is a must buy in my opinion. It is very hard, but I like a good challenge once in a while. The Graphics aren't terrific, neither is the sound, but IMO the gameplay more than makes up for that. The control is a tad off at first, but after a long time playing it you get used to it. I command you- GO OUT AND BUY THIS GAME AS SOON AS YOU CAN!!!

bob808
10-04-2002, 12:26 AM
Ok. I think I have to start saving for this game. thank you for the replys. I am convinced... i think.

symposiumx
10-16-2002, 11:40 AM
How long is this game? I definetily enjoy these types of games, but I want to make suer its decent play time if I'm going to buy it.
Thanks

truthandsoul
10-17-2002, 03:49 PM
I picked Commandos up last week but just started playing it last night. Spent a good 45 min on the tutorials and getting used to the controls. Full use of the xbox controller... every button and trigger is used... some have multiple uses wich can get confusing. After the basic tutorials, there are 3 tutorial missions... I'm still playing those. It's VERY hard so far, but once I master the controlls, this game is gonna be sweet! It's a great break from the shooting, racing, adventure games. Well worth the $$$.

symposiumx
10-17-2002, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by truthandsoul
I picked Commandos up last week but just started playing it last night. Spent a good 45 min on the tutorials and getting used to the controls. Full use of the xbox controller... every button and trigger is used... some have multiple uses wich can get confusing. After the basic tutorials, there are 3 tutorial missions... I'm still playing those. It's VERY hard so far, but once I master the controlls, this game is gonna be sweet! It's a great break from the shooting, racing, adventure games. Well worth the $$$.

soudns sweet!
thanks for the info

is it turn based or real time?

Chaotic
10-17-2002, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by symposiumx


soudns sweet!
thanks for the info

is it turn based or real time?


It's real time!! :)

symposiumx
10-17-2002, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by TheMentorsXbox



It's real time!! :)

that's cool, but i would really like a turn based strat game also !!

Gladius looks like it might be worth it (when it is released)

anyone play Front Mission 3 for PSX. That was a great turn based mech strat game by squaresoft.

Bakeman
10-17-2002, 06:35 PM
I read a review.. I think at IGN..
they said it's a good game.. BUT the controls are hard on xbox..

the guy perfered the PC version alot more..

bob808
10-19-2002, 05:08 PM
Magazine and web based reviews are helpful and also can be very informitive but I also like to get the end user impressions. I am getting this game and I thank you all for your input. I was half convinced to get this game from reading reviews and looking @ screenshots but you guys have helped alot too. C-Ya on XBOX Live!!!!