PDA

View Full Version : Wanna Play Doom? Not in St. Louis

xboxtito
09-30-2002, 09:54 AM
The video-game industry is determined to keep titles like Mortal Kombat and Grand Theft Auto on store shelves. It's fighting a St. Louis County law banning gory games -- but it faces a growing opposition. By Brad King. http://www.wired.com/news/games/0,2101,55422,00.html

GokuX
09-30-2002, 10:12 AM
Well at least it isn't in California since they basically set the trends for the entire country. I don't know why they feel they need to do this. Why can't parents be responsible anymore for what their kids do. Plus stores need to check to make sure the game isn't purchased by a child if it is M or whatever. More rights slipping away these days. Stinx.

Variation-XBA
09-30-2002, 10:58 AM
**beats a dead horse with a stick**

JJaX
09-30-2002, 12:00 PM
Thats kinda dumb, so instead of them buying it (since they cant) there forced to get a pirated copy instead.

Oh well........

Leviathon
09-30-2002, 01:50 PM
Its all them freakin' G**-Liberal-Tree-Huggers thinking that the American Public can't think for its own. Pretty soon I will need some Democrat to come in tell me what car I can drive and what kind of house I need to live in and where I need to work all because my car pollutes to much, my house consumes to much natural gas and electricity and requires to much running water, and that I need a different job because I am making to much money bcause its not fare to all the lazy bums in this country who don't want to get out and make a living for themselves and who live off of me....

That's all I got to say about that.

netranger6
09-30-2002, 02:12 PM
Rock on Leviathon!! You'd love to know where I work, whom I work with, and what I see every day. The words you wrote could not say it better. However, let me add...."or the promiscuous women whom refuse to practice safe sex, have their first born by the age 0f 14, continue to have children, end up on the system, and whine that the "white" man is keeping them down. But they "deserve" to make the same living I do because...well...just because I guess".....

SlightlySycho
09-30-2002, 06:08 PM
Right. And the conservatives and their Christian Coalition funders have absolutely nothing to do with crap like this getting passed.:rolleyes:

Snoopy7548
09-30-2002, 06:24 PM
lol. this is like against our first amendment. which is the right to free speech. they cant ban gory videogames, that goes against the free speech thing. but i dont really care, as long as theyre not banned in connecticut

jusber01
09-30-2002, 08:25 PM
it is against the 1st amendment and it will be struck down...they tried to do the same thing in indianapolis but it was ruled unconstitutional.

Alien
09-30-2002, 08:27 PM
Yeah, they shouldn't be allowed to take a person's right away to choose what type of games he/she can play. That is not right.

Snoopy7548
10-01-2002, 01:51 PM
it doesnt really matter though. you can still order games online.

LynxFX
10-01-2002, 01:56 PM
So what is St. Louis going to do when the world is attacked by flesh eating zombies and they are the only city that isn't trained to fight them?

Leviathon
10-01-2002, 02:48 PM
So what is St. Louis going to do when the world is attacked by flesh eating zombies and they are the only city that isn't trained to fight them?

LOL

I'm am just sick and tired of everyone else being a minority and having to march somewhere. Just live your life. I don't want to start taking responsibility for their actions, and people need to stop blaming other people for why they turned out the way they did.

There's this guy who has been charged with kidnapping, rape, and murder (he freakin' dismembered this teenage girls body) and now (because of liberals Democrats & Republican alike) is pleading not guilty for reason of insanity. This guy was just released from prison within the last couple of months, he was in their for rape. If you ask me, put him through the meat grinder. I don't want to have to pay for this guy to spend the nest 40 years of his life in prison. And neither should anyone else.

Ryan97
10-01-2002, 03:26 PM
but i dont really care, as long as theyre not banned in connecticut

I think this statement pretty much sums up the american general public. Who gives a rats arse if it dosent concern me attitude. That is why people are getting involved in the banning of video games and other so called questionable and impressionable material. Because everyone else is too lazy to get off their asses and oppose anything.

What we need is a good old fashion revolution.

XBOX Dude
10-01-2002, 06:25 PM
FOR SOME REASON THIS REMINDS OF BANNING BOOKS BACK IN THE DAY SOME BOOKS WERE BANNED BUT WERE EVENTUALLY LET OUT BECAUSE IT'S FREEDOM OF SPEECH. I THINK THIS WILL HAPPEN WITH GAMES CAUSE IT'S YOUR CHOICE TO BUY THEM IT'S NOT LIKE WERE SHOVING THEM IN YOUR FACE AND HIDING THEM UNDER CHILDRENS PILLOWS TO FOUL THEIR LITTLE MINDS. THESE PEOPLE NEED TO GET OFF GAMES AND GET ON SOMETHING SERIOUS LIKE REAL CRIME.