PDA

View Full Version : ~* Metal Gear Solid 3 on XBOX First!?!? [Details inside] *~

G-Xis
09-30-2002, 10:20 AM

Article below taken from ComputerandVideogames.com

"Clearly no-one is safe from Big Bill's cash as sources suggest Microsoft's console will be the first to receive the next version of Kojima's massive stealth franchise.

The next title in Konami's Metal Gear Solid Acction series has been snagged by Microsoft for an undisclosed period of XBOX exclusivity, sources have suggest. Though this would mean the title would still appear on other formats, XBOX would host the title exclusively for a period of time.

Highly placed insiders have stated that Microsoft originally tried to gain the title outright, but when the deal fell through, Microsoft apparently splashed out enough cash to ensure it still appears on XBOX first.

This report follows hot on the heels of Microsoft's acquisition of UK Developer RARE, and rumors that it is looking into purchasing Capcom, with Bill Gate's company clearly on the intent on gaming to extraordinary lengths to ensure XBOX is a success.

A spokesperson for Konami of Europe issued a terse "No Comment", when questioned on the matter earlier today. We'll keep you posted on all developments."

If this info pans out then this will be pretty great news, lets hope Kojima actually takes advantage of the XBOX hardware for this sequel and then downgrades it later for the PS2. :) :D :)

Source: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/news/news_story_main.php?1&id=81184

GokuX
09-30-2002, 10:27 AM
Cool, thanks for the info.

Nato King
09-30-2002, 10:35 AM
Thanks again for the F.Y.I because I have a friend that just can't wait until this game comes out and he wants me to keep finding more information on this game. Now I can share with him this.:)

JJaX
09-30-2002, 12:13 PM
gO GeeToo SNAAAAAAKe!!!!!!

Shadow20002
09-30-2002, 12:41 PM
That's a great news for everyone ! Thanks. :cool:

Playa128
09-30-2002, 04:47 PM
this will give PS2 fans a kick in the asss.......you just made my day!!!;)

SPARTAN VI
09-30-2002, 10:26 PM
Hope those PS2 dudes don't cry TOO much, PC guys already think console gamers are a bunch of kids. But not us XBOX dudes! or Dudetts!:cool:

TheCovenant
09-30-2002, 10:48 PM
wow. I GUESS IT JUST SHOWS THAT BIG BUCKS IS A GREAT NEGOTIATOR.:cool: