PDA

View Full Version : ~* [NEW] More possible Capcom Buyout info emerges *~

G-Xis
09-30-2002, 12:46 PM

New info on possible Capcom buyout by Microsoft. Article below.

UK insiders today have claimed that talks have definitely taken place between the two parties, while pointing out that Sega is now almost certainly off limits to Microsoft due to the cost of a sale.

Sega was long-rumoured to be the favoured Japanese target for the American giant, although the Sonic manufacturer is on the verge of spinning money for the first time since the beginning of the financially dire Dreamcast days. If you thought Rare was expensive at £240 million, think again: Sega's assets alone are worth at least $2 billion (£1.3 billion), then you have staff costs, properties and Yu Suzuki's legendary expenses account. "Let's spend some kerazy money!" Bill Gates probably didn't shout recently.

According to those in the know, Microsoft, desperate for credibility in the Far East, is now fighting tooth and nail to make a Japanese acquisition, so if nothing comes of the Capcom talks you can still expect an announcement of some kind in the not too distant future. The hallowed name of Konami has even been thrown around today.

Keep your eyes peeled for more info as Microsoft begins, slowly but surely, to assimilate the world videogames industry. Resistance is futile...

Source: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/news/news_story_main.php?1&id=81179

Chaotic
09-30-2002, 12:59 PM
It's nice when you have unlimited resources of money.

Bill gates is estimated in 12 years from now to be worth 1 trillion.
:eek:

National debt is 6 trillion...LOL by 2021 he could pay off the national debt OMFG :eek: :eek:

xboxmaster2002
09-30-2002, 01:48 PM
omg if MS gets capcom they will sell so many systems... this is great although i have all 3 so i really cant lose but still games are better on xbox

DOOM
09-30-2002, 09:23 PM
G-D I Hope M$ Get's CAPCOM!!!
That Would Be AwEsOmE!!!!!!!

kachingtensor
09-30-2002, 10:47 PM
computerandvideogames.com sucks!!!

IMO all "news" from them regarding Microsoft & Xbox is suspect.

BTW, a deal with Capcom for some good Xbox titles would be nice (and I mean really good, built-for-box titles).

But what's the hurry to buy the company...? Is Sony, with their butt-ugly million$$$ and inflated hype, sniffing around Capcom's back door or something??

Bigwig
09-30-2002, 10:50 PM
If not Capcom, or Sega it will be someone. Whoever it is plus Rare will put them way above Sony in software. Yes stupid Square homers will be racing Chocoboos while I am evolving my chracter in Fable and walking around in China in Shenmue 2, but stupid in stupid out.

TheCovenant
09-30-2002, 10:53 PM
Those damnmnmn sega *******s. All they are giving us is panzer, and they want 2 billion for exclusivity?!?!?! forget them, we got bungie, rare, bioware, and big blue box! we dont need sega exclusives, just keep giving us gunvalkrie crap and we'll spend that money on a valuable company, such as capcom or square soft.

Bigwig
09-30-2002, 10:57 PM
They better give us the next Virtual Tennis online too.

Shadow20002
09-30-2002, 11:01 PM
Well, no matter what Microsoft get, Sega or Capcom or anything else, it's always good for us. Just wait and see. Maybe a day, they will just have one console to buy: the perfect one with all the great titles to play on it. :rolleyes:

Bigwig
10-01-2002, 02:52 AM
I like the comp and the 200 doller prices anyway. I just wish the PS2 would not bring down the graphics as much. Could you picture Madden 2003 if it was only for Xbox and if EA was not so lazy. Here that NFLFever!!!!

I wish NFLFever would hire me on a how to be better then Madden project cuz Madden 2003 is damn good and NFL2k3 is too. I'm cheap Fever and I'll shoot you a strucutred season idea and a scouting report idea too.