PDA

View Full Version : Great News! for people who like Half Life

Leo
09-30-2002, 01:55 PM
Hey Guess what half Life 2 coming to xbox probobly 2003 or 2004!
Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!cant even imagine how it will look sorry no pics when I will get Pics I tell you!!!!!!!!!! please reply!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HALf-LIFe 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Half-life 2, B.C , Ninja Gaiden and Brute Force is on my Special games list to buy!!!!!

MASTER TEK
09-30-2002, 04:21 PM
That is what i thought too man... it was actually posted on ebgames as a preorder... then it was just gone.... what is the deal???
I went to valves website... there is no mention of it...
the game has been in developement since like 1998-1999.... why no mention of this project?

This is a true sequel not just an extension of HL right?
Tell me what you know....

ZooLaBuS
09-30-2002, 05:19 PM
I saw that homelan.com contacted Valve about HL2 for xbox and valve denied it....

Ethier they are not making for xbox or do not want to tell...

MASTER TEK
09-30-2002, 05:28 PM
Well if that is the case, why was it listed as an upcoming release on EBgames but then mysterioulsy taken down? If it was listed as an upcoming release it must have been near completion and if so i doubt that valve would just scrap the project....

frAn
09-30-2002, 06:36 PM
When you guys say Half Life 2, which are you referring to...Counter-Strike?

MASTER TEK
09-30-2002, 07:02 PM
No not counter strike 2. It's called condition zero anyway not counter strike 2. Here is the link: www.cs-conditionzero.com

Condition zero is based on an enhanced half-life engine... I would speculate that half-life two would be an entirely new engine but then again i could be wrong....

frAn
09-30-2002, 07:11 PM
That looks pretty awesome, but is it only coming out for PC in the Fall?

MASTER TEK
09-30-2002, 07:31 PM
Yes condition zero is definitely coming out only for the PC but, I have heard that the release date has been pushed back to 1st quarter 2003 as opposed to this fall... I'll have to wait and see. I'm sure I'll pick that one up.

As far as the Half-Life 2 situation. EB Games must have been totally erroroneous, in fact I saw a comment by some sierra person saying that it was erroneous in its post that Half-life 2 was coming out for xbox and shipping in january. Before EB games took down that post, they had the publisher listed as Interplay.... Either they totally screwed up or this is like some classified project... LOL

I did happen to see another site somewhere in europe that had Half-Life 2 listed as coming out for the PC... so I dont know what the hell is going on here....

frAn
09-30-2002, 09:53 PM
OK you jus confused me...dang I'm slow.
So there is an expansion/new mod coming for Counter Strike called Condition Zero, and at the same time there is a Half Life 2 game coming out?
Wowzers...:confused:

SPARTAN VI
09-30-2002, 10:01 PM
Yup, Half-Life 1 was and still is the best game of all time , according to PCGAMER, the PC gaming gods. This means that a GIANT variety of mods will also be out when the game goes up.
Thats means maybe CS 2?? Maybe some DoD also?? It'll be sweet, I hope they won't crap it up.
But, still. The GAME OF THE YEAR in 2003 will certainly not be HL 2, esp. if it is going to be a PC port. Halo 2 walk away as THE BEST GAME OF 2003, in any multiplatform mag. And everyone at this forum can count on it...:p

TheCovenant
09-30-2002, 11:07 PM
but seriosly, when half-life 2 comes out, will you want to play that or the counter-srike mod that will run off its engine?

COUNTER STRIKE HALF_LIFE 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats what i want....\

for xbox of course.

MASTER TEK
10-01-2002, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by SPARTAN VI
Yup, Half-Life 1 was and still is the best game of all time , according to PCGAMER, the PC gaming gods. This means that a GIANT variety of mods will also be out when the game goes up.
Thats means maybe CS 2?? Maybe some DoD also?? It'll be sweet, I hope they won't crap it up.
But, still. The GAME OF THE YEAR in 2003 will certainly not be HL 2, esp. if it is going to be a PC port. Halo 2 walk away as THE BEST GAME OF 2003, in any multiplatform mag. And everyone at this forum can count on it...:p

LMAO ok man...... Nobodoy said anything about halo and nobody said anything about HL2 being game of the year. Personally, I played HALO a few times, and I didn't think it was all that. I just didnt care for the weapons to tell you the truth...

ZooLaBuS
10-01-2002, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by frAn
OK you jus confused me...dang I'm slow.
So there is an expansion/new mod coming for Counter Strike called Condition Zero, and at the same time there is a Half Life 2 game coming out?
Wowzers...:confused:

Counter Strike : Condition Zero is a different game then CS. It is a new better half-life engine. It has a lot better graphics. Also it is going to have new weapons and characters. It is going to have a one player missions game, with new different objectives. It will also have co-op missions. The point of the single player/co-op missions are to "bring the excitement of playing online" to the users who have 56k or no internet.

Although it will have an awesome Single Player it will also have the same great Multiplayer online over Xbox Live with probably new levels, weapons, and missions.

I can't wait!