PDA

View Full Version : anyone play conflict desert storm????

hqcosniper
09-30-2002, 05:50 PM
Anyone here know if it is worth buying Conflict Desert Storm? I like that style of games but I am wondering about gameplay, graphics, and stuff like that. Any reviews would help!!!!

Chaotic
10-01-2002, 09:48 AM
1 word

AWESOME :D :eek:

yall
10-01-2002, 12:07 PM
Youv'e got it MentorsXbox? I have been considering going to EBWorld all day and picking this up. Too many good titles are coming out at once. I won't know what to buy. Quite a predicament indeed!.

At any rate, could you tell us more about it? (I.e. graphics, gameplay, sound, etc...)

Thanks

Duke
10-01-2002, 12:11 PM
Yeah, really TMX, more than one word would be appreciated.

Chaotic
10-01-2002, 12:25 PM
I guess i should have given more detail ;)
but doesnt that ruin the hipe of the game?

Anyways guys graphics are great, gameplay is some of the best i have seen on xbox, you can play 3 players at one time in CO-OP mode in 3rd person. Sounds is very realistic and mimics the real life counterparts in all aspects of the game.

The beginning starts off slow and boring due to the face u just sit and stair at brown sand!

Otherwise guys this game is by far one of my favorites to date on xbox. I would give it a 8.8 out of 10.

hqcosniper
10-01-2002, 02:32 PM
Thanks for the little review. I can't wait to play this game, I just wasn't sure about the gameplay and cameras. This game should help me get through the next month or so until Rogue Spear comes out.

Chaotic
10-01-2002, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by hqcosniper
Thanks for the little review. I can't wait to play this game, I just wasn't sure about the gameplay and cameras. This game should help me get through the next month or so until Rogue Spear comes out.

Dang i just seen a 7.7 review that sucks.

I could care less about these crappy reviews they said the same thing about DTR and that game kicks arse.

I also read you can play 4 player CO-OP after mission 3:confused:

anyways on a downside i also heard you can beat all 11 missions pretty easily in 11 hours :mad: :confused: :confused: :rolleyes:

GOD i hope not

ibloshtup
10-01-2002, 07:04 PM
yea this game rocks, there is 4 player coop after 2nd or 3rd mission. i agree totally with the earlier review but one thing i will say is that this game is 10x as fun in coop. oh yea, ive played for about 4 hours with a friend on easy and im at about the 8th mission or sumthin. might wanna try normal because i only died and restarted a level like 3 times. basically we were just kicking ass the whole time.

Heavens Gate
10-01-2002, 11:44 PM
I have it. It kicks ass. NUF said!!!

Arven
10-02-2002, 08:49 AM
It's first in a series, and so it's got some first-round shortcomings that probably account for the couple of mediocre press reviews I've seen -- less than perfect control and B-grade graphics. The game itself seems very fun, from the little I've played so far. Can't wait to continue. I like this style of gameplay a lot.

PcPreacher
10-02-2002, 10:32 AM
I picked up conflict and commandos last night. I love these kind of games and its about time Xbox got war games. I played desert storm for about 2-3 hrs and so far it's in my top 3 games i have played. The first level was average. I was kind of disappointed when i first put it on but it gets alot better after level one. If you like strategy games commandos is a blast. It's the kind of game that you need alot of patience and you won't beat anytime soon. These two compliment each other because if you want to run + gun throw conflict in. If you feel like a mixture of planning your attack, stealth and shooting throw in commandos. I like both these games very much so far

pounder
10-02-2002, 11:54 PM
confilct rules..thats all there is to it..damn

Bakeman
10-03-2002, 04:16 PM
oh man, it's not fair lol, just don't have the cash for all these games..

I hope these games are gonna be rentable soon.. I want to play!

fowlowl
10-05-2002, 01:32 PM
If you want to make sure Conflict Desert Storm is worth buying, download the computer version demo. I was interested in that game, but luckily i played the demo and saved 50 bucks. Test the game out for yourself. I thought the controls completely ruined the experience. Everytime I wanted to shoot an Iraqi, the controls were too crude and i had to switch to sniper mode.

As for the graphics, I'm not impressed. The missions were okay. The only thing I really liked about CDS were the explosives. Blowing up a tank with a rocket launcher was a lot funner than shooting Iraqis.

I suggest buying Hitman 2 and maybe renting CDS after playing Hitman.

Arven
10-05-2002, 01:42 PM
No, don't judge the game based on the demo. The Brits were all saying how much better the game is than the demo.

boogya1
10-05-2002, 04:30 PM
"Youv'e got it MentorsXbox? I have been considering going to EBWorld all day and picking this up. Too many good titles are coming out at once. I won't know what to buy. Quite a predicament indeed!. "

I wish i had your job where i could just go out and buy what ever games i want at any time.
F***, that reminds me. I have to pay my rent.
:(

hqcosniper
10-05-2002, 09:01 PM
I like it, I mean it doesn't blow me away or anything but its solid. Like I said, I just needed something to hold me over until Ghost Recon comes out on Live. It'll do until then, I'm sure I'll even play it when I have Ghost Recon so thats all I could ask for. Thanks for the suggestions!! I'm a Marine and we don't have much money (money is not why you join the Marine Corps) so I can't waste money on games I don't know much about. Thanks again.

yall
10-06-2002, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by boogya1
"Youv'e got it MentorsXbox? I have been considering going to EBWorld all day and picking this up. Too many good titles are coming out at once. I won't know what to buy. Quite a predicament indeed!. "

I wish i had your job where i could just go out and buy what ever games i want at any time.
F***, that reminds me. I have to pay my rent.
:(

You've got it all wrong man. I can't afford to buy all the great games coming out. Thats the predicamemt. At any rate I got CDS and while the controls are difficult to get used to, I'm enjoying it greatly.

boogya1
10-07-2002, 06:47 AM
since i cant go out and buy the game, i rented it.

"IT'S SWEET:)

Robflare
10-07-2002, 09:26 AM
I rented this over the weekend and it just didn't grab me. Maybe it was the cheesy training mode, but I really was not impressed. I am a big Tom Clancy series guy, and this just was not up to par with those games. It looks like a cross between a Nintendo Kids' game and a true war simulation game.

hqcosniper
10-07-2002, 02:54 PM
I hear what your saying. It is kind of a dumbed down version of real tactical combat style games. I still like it though. I can't wait for Ghost Recon and Raven Shield though!!!!!

Robflare
10-07-2002, 03:13 PM
Exactly,

Its not quite there. One other game, which is not going to be realistic, but will be the On-Line game to have with XBox Live is Unreal Tournament. That game is going to be great graphically speaking. I'm really ****ed EA backed out Medal of Honor for the XBOX. Those guys are jerks!!!!!

CharlieHustle
10-07-2002, 09:59 PM
I bought the game saturday night, and after work, i played it. At first i wasnt feelin it, mainly becasue i was tired. But, before i was to send it back sunday, i played the first two levels and im not givin this game up for nothin(maybe splinter cell). Its not the best game out on the box, but its the probably THE MOST UNDERRATED GAME OUT NOW. I remember someone posted that it is slow the first couple of levels; he wasnt lyin, afterwards, its all fun, and you do get to command all of the troops in your squad(max is 4). In this game, you have two sets of controls to get accustomed to: the movement of your char., and the commanding of your squad. They respond well to, they will cover fire if you are under heavy attack, toss grenades, and snipe. On the second mission there is a big ass tank you must destroy, not havin a rocket launcher made it that much harder, so i decided to shoot it with my machine gun, the tank started shootin back with its machine gun, so im like "this stupid ass tank should have been smoked my ass", then i saw a trail of smoke comin from its turret and then everything around me exploded. I have dolby digital, so it scared the s*!t outta my daughter(4yrs.). Anyways there was a sniper in a building on a side street, i shanked him with my knife and took his rocket launcher, then you know what i did with it.
If you are havin doubts about this game rent it first and at least play through the first 3 levels, im keepin this game, and probably trade im morrowind to get nba2k3. LOL, you know im jokin on that one, ill just have to spend a hundred bones in a week on games.

netranger6
10-08-2002, 09:33 AM
I feel the same.

Level 2 there are RPGs to be had, you just have to turn left on a side street to get them before goin under the arhcway, into the QUAD area. THat's the first 2. I love shanking Iraqis' because you get additional skill for doing so. This game is cool, tactically. First, on this level, you can't simply get the kamir first otherwise he will be killed. I leave one man back to guard him, then meet up with O'Connors and clear the area ahead, take out the snipers, low crawl up the stairs to the bridge area, and knock out the tank with a LAW. Then I advance the sniper up, behind the crusty tank, and take out the snipers in the windows on the far left buildings. Once this is cleared, I move O'Connors up, all the way to the end of the bridge and have him go prone under a truck to cover that area of advancement, then move the sniper forward, adjacent to him. Once this is done, I move the Kamir and the other soldier in to position, but safely back. Some guards did attack my rear and kill the Kamir, but my soldier killed them and I switched to him in order to save the Kamir. Then it's just about setting up a kill zone/cross fire.. Success. Mission 3 is cool too, I like killing the sheep...

yall
10-09-2002, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Robflare
Exactly,

I'm really ****ed EA backed out Medal of Honor for the XBOX. Those guys are jerks!!!!!

What do you mean/ They are still going to release MOH:Frontline. Do you mean it doesn't support multiplayer? I can live with that. Wolfenstein is right around the corner.

Bakeman
10-09-2002, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by yall

What do you mean/ They are still going to release MOH:Frontline. Do you mean it doesn't support multiplayer? I can live with that. Wolfenstein is right around the corner.

ACK! That doesn't seem right if MOH doesn't have MP.... Sure it should be a fun game single player... but giving a game MP just adds to how long it can last and be fun.