PDA

View Full Version : Conflict Desert Storm--Who's getting it?

Xtopia
10-01-2002, 01:17 PM
I know I am! I lover realistic, squad based shooters! I've been waiting for this game for a LONG time!
What about you guys?

P.S. I know this should go in the 3D Shooters Forum, but no one really goes there...So I'm puttin' it here!;)

VAN
10-01-2002, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Xtopia
P.S. I know this should go in the 3D Shooters Forum, but no one really goes there...So I'm puttin' it here!;)

In other words...

"I know I am posting in the incorrect forum, and even with this knowledge, I have chosen to go ahead break the rules"

Next time post in the right forum.

::moving thread:::

DrUnKtAnK
10-01-2002, 01:23 PM
Cash right now is pretty tight...so I hoping my brother picks it up. If he doesn't then I should have it soon.

Xtopia
10-01-2002, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by VAN-XBA

In other words...

"I know I am posting in the incorrect forum, and even with this knowledge, I have chosen to go ahead break the rules"

Next time post in the right forum.

::moving thread:::

Well, that is pretty much it! I mean, if I put this in the 3D Shooter Forum, it would get maybe 5 replies! Com'n, seriously, it's sad, but most members just hit the GD and OT.

:o

studepaber
10-01-2002, 01:31 PM
I'm getting it in a few minutes and will be sure to post impressions probably tomorrow. I'll probably be getting Hitman 2 tomorrow as well. Thank goodness for that salary raise last month!

Xtopia
10-01-2002, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by studepaber
I'm getting it in a few minutes and will be sure to post impressions probably tomorrow. I'll probably be getting Hitman 2 tomorrow as well. Thank goodness for that salary raise last month!

LoL, I'm broke, but my bro's birthday is next week, soo I may end up playyin it!:cool:

Chaotic
10-01-2002, 01:42 PM
I have it already.

Good graphics,Gameplay is some of the best to date, awesome co-op mode , great sound, all in all a fun game. I recommend it for sure. It's one of my favorites so far.

Although i have heard you can easily beat all 11 missions in 1 day.

Hope this isnt true:mad:

ibloshtup
10-01-2002, 07:01 PM
yea i like it too, coop is its strongest point by far. the game is kinda short though, 11 missions in one day will be no problem :( I like it though, controls take a little getting used too but it kicks ass imo.

Afro Aura
10-02-2002, 05:42 AM
Originally posted by TheMentorsXbox
I have it already.

Good graphics,Gameplay is some of the best to date, awesome co-op mode , great sound, all in all a fun game. I recommend it for sure. It's one of my favorites so far.

Although i have heard you can easily beat all 11 missions in 1 day.

Hope this isnt true:mad:
WHAT! you must be playing in easy lets see how far you get playing it on hard and get all the medals for each character

E-Vader
10-02-2002, 06:30 AM
I get it next week along with The Thing and Enclave :D

Cant wait for Raven Shield or Rogue Spear (one of them) for full on realistic tactical combat, 1 shot kills.

studepaber
10-02-2002, 08:32 AM
So far I am definitely impressed with this game with my only qualms being while running it seems it could be a little smoother. Other than that this game is WAY immersive. Lemme give an example of one of the cool things that happened while playing...

I was sneaking up around an enemy tank to try and place a timed mine and was VERY close to planting it when the tank spotted me and while its turret was turning to blow me to smithereens out of nowhere comes a rocket and destroys the tank before it destroys me, although I got hurt in the explosion. Thanks Conners, errr..

The computer controlled allies can really save your arse alot, haven't tried the game in co-op yet, should be fun though. By the way I'm playing the game on easy, but on hard I couldn't see beating the game in one day.

Arven
10-02-2002, 08:41 AM
I got it yesterday. Only did the training and a bit of the first level, so I can't review it yet. From what I've seen so far (not much), I think it'll be a good game. The graphics aren't much, but that's ok with me. I like the way the game seems to have made squad commanding easier. I don't mind thinking when I'm playing a game, but I don't want to have to think too much, you know... But anyway, looks good so far, I'll post more impressions after I've had more experience.

netranger6
10-02-2002, 07:43 PM
Any of you guys playing on a wide screen? How does it look? Does it support the 16:9 format?

Ford Mustang
11-13-2002, 06:35 PM
Personally I thought this was a great game. It requires you to do some thinking and is not just a run and gun game. The ai of your teammates is really good, they don't just run around and be cannon fodder, they actually help you out alot...

I like the fact that you can swap items and heal eachother....

The graphics are not beautiful but they are good.....The game does take some getting used to with the squad commands, but once you do you will be able to easily command your squad

The multiplayer is awesome! I've played the game with three people and it was great...You actually have to help eachother out and use tactics such as using your sniper for a spotter.....ex:

In one of the missions we had to destroy an AA tank but I was to far away to see it with my rocket launcher scope...so I had my friend which was the sniper to go to higher ground and spot the tank...then we used the meter in the scope and matched the distances that they show you in the scope...and I destroyed the tank.....and we stopped getting capped! It was great

This game is an awesome time...it is serious but not as serious as rainbow six and way more so than Halo (not that it's a bad thing!)
I definitely reccomend this game

Reclaimer
11-14-2002, 10:20 AM
I like it. I'm pretty far into the game right now. I agree that the graphics aren't all that, but they are good. It takes some time getting used to giving orders to your squad while you're doing something else. Like you are in a firefight and you want Conners with the SAW to get in a better position. But the game rocks and I like the fact it supports soundtracks. You want to know what's funny? If you play as the Americans and switch and play as the Brits, the characters are the same but the accents changed and the voice that gives you the introduction changes to an English accent. That's pretty funny.