PDA

View Full Version : lord of the rings.another fail!?

odpr
10-01-2002, 06:36 PM
welp, ign siad that lord of the rings is a huge fail, check thier review...

I can't believe how the hell ms let this one slip !!

game after game.....every new game that come out is a huge fail!

can't belive it..
and talking about review .. what the hell is going on with game spot? and all the other sites ...so many games out, and not even one review on them....

hit man two.
the fight for fame.
taz..

more and more...and the only reviews I see is on the ps two!
they dont play xbox games at all?!

crazyotto
10-01-2002, 06:49 PM
Is the LOTR that is in the stores now, is that made by WXP? the one based on the books not the movie? That is the one I'm after. Also isn't the other made by EA? If so no one should of bought it...

Master Gracey
10-01-2002, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by crazyotto
Is the LOTR that is in the stores now, is that made by WXP? the one based on the books not the movie? That is the one I'm after. Also isn't the other made by EA? If so no one should of bought it...

You're absolutely correct... the one that just came out is an RPG-style game based on the books, and isn't made by EA. The other version, which is an action game based on the movies and made by EA, is not going to be coming out on Xbox anytime soon (it's already out for PS2 as far as I know... but I could be wrong!) EA says that when and if they release their game for Xbox, it won't be until sometime late next year.

crazyotto
10-01-2002, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Master Gracey

You're absolutely correct... the one that just came out is an RPG-style game based on the books, and isn't made by EA. The other version, which is an action game based on the movies and made by EA, is not going to be coming out on Xbox anytime soon (it's already out for PS2 as far as I know... but I could be wrong!) EA says that when and if they release their game for Xbox, it won't be until sometime late next year.

so this games sucks? the not EA game? thanx for the save of 50$

Shadow20002
10-01-2002, 08:23 PM
Anyway, i will not get this game...

Master Gracey
10-01-2002, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by crazyotto
so this games sucks? the not EA game? thanx for the save of 50$

I thought you said in your first post that you were looking for the one not made by EA. :D That's the one that's currently in the stores for Xbox. Unless, of course, you don't like RPG games... which this is.

Highlite23
10-01-2002, 09:01 PM
I have LOTR and havn't played long enough to pass judgment. See i actually play the game and judge for myself.

Once again, i ask, odpr.........do you ever play any of the games you post about??

Seems like you take someone elses "Opinion", you see thats what a review is, as gospel. Why don't you try this as an opening sentence on your next post regarding a game.............

"I just played this game and....................."

Afro Aura
10-01-2002, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by highlite23
I have LOTR and havn't played long enough to pass judgment. See i actually play the game and judge for myself.

Once again, i ask, odpr.........do you ever play any of the games you post about??

Seems like you take someone elses "Opinion", you see thats what a review is, as gospel. Why don't you try this as an opening sentence on your next post regarding a game.............

Yeah it is a bit depressing when someone comes on and says a game is crap when they haven't even played it, I've played LOTR in my import shop today and I have to say it ain't pretty as I was there already with my £50 ready to buy the game I asked them to put it on (as they had opened the packaging) and found out my money was needed for something else

so odpr play the game before you start cussing you never know it could be the game you've always wanted but was to afraid to buy because some reviewer said it was crap, rent before the you start with your almighty THIS GAME IS CRAP (or a huge failure)

I mean the damn game not over here yet so what the hell you complaining about?

Mercury
10-01-2002, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by highlite23

Good post!

I do have the game and anyone who loves a good adventure game get this game. It's not the best, but it's a lot fun. Great graphics and the adapdation of the books is very well done.

crazyotto
10-01-2002, 10:55 PM
About the whole "play the game before..." is crap. When Halo, Rallisport, morrowind were 1st out all any one could say was Grateness. Must gets. Obi-Wan many people said good but not grate. It all matters. Well from my stand point, someone who does not have broadband but will be Live Fri Nov 15th. Every $$ counts. I bought Sega GT to get me thru the "month to save (Oct) for DSL." Yes out of both LOTR games I do want the WXP not the EA but if many people say the game is flawed then I will take there advise wait it out till there is a game or in this case LIVE that all we hear is grateness. I will be at EB when it opens on 11/15 to get whats what. UC & MechAssault. Hope for the Sega GT (and rallisport) update or whatever to make it Live. Then I will see how much gaming I can take.

Afro Aura
10-02-2002, 05:21 AM
so ya saying crazyotto if someone comes on and says a game is crap it's ok hmmm I don't follow that logic I'm still on the 'play the game before....' I mean I went out and bought Morrowind as everyone said the game was great, was I shocked when I got hold of the game (got it mail order) I was well depressed and I made a note about it in one of my posts so there is a case of play the game before you buy

PS I wasn't to happy about Sega GT2002 as I thought it was going to be a 'GT-A' killer

odpr
10-02-2002, 06:52 AM
I don't say in any one of my posts that I think that a game is a crap

all I said is that ign! said it's a crappy game.
but let me tell u something,
first I can't rent here any game. the only thing that I can do is buy.
Second if a major site says a game is a crap there is something in their saying, I mean what is the difference between a gamer here that play the game and between a gamer that sit in editor room ,and not only that he has to think very carefully before he write something. I personally prefer a review thing upon fanboy in a forum, that all he has to say this game rules!

tell me how many of u played street of hoops...a basket game that every site there is said it's a ****ty game. does anyone here think it's good? raise his hand?? How about kabuki worriers? is there one here that think that halo is ****ty game? raise is hand please....thought so...

Mercury
10-02-2002, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by odpr

Second if a major site says a game is a crap there is something in their saying, I mean what is the difference between a gamer here that play the game and between a gamer that sit in editor room ,and not only that he has to think very carefully before he write something. I personally prefer a review thing upon fanboy in a forum, that all he has to say this game rules!

tell me how many of u played street of hoops...a basket game that every site there is said it's a ****ty game. does anyone here think it's good? raise his hand?? How about kabuki worriers? is there one here that think that halo is ****ty game? raise is hand please....thought so...

You are totally wrong. There IS a big difference from a gamer in this forum and a reviewer at a game site. They sit in their editor room, no beer, and play a game only looking at a point of view as that they must write a review on it. So they are nitpicking. They don't enjoy a game like us. We just play it for fun, WITH beer, on a comfortable couch. These are two completely difference environments.

But still, you shouldn't listen to us, either. You need to play the game before you know if it's a game for you or not. Or are you just a kid who is afraid he'll be made fun of at school because he owns and likes a game that his friends don't?

Try and be an individual. Do what you like to do. Not what others tell you what you should or should not like. It's called being mature and having self respect.

MerimacHamwich
10-02-2002, 12:07 PM
We all have the ability to go to other sites and read reviews. We could careless about another sites review seeing as we could go there ourselves and read it. DO not post other sites reviews on xboxaddict. It is rteally dumb in my opinion. By posting them here you are inferring that we are either unable or to stupid to go to that site on our own and read the review ourself. Unless you have your own review to write don't post a review!

PLAY BEFORE YOU JUDGE!

If you don't you will find that you have missed out on tons of great games and okayed tons of crap games. IGN aren't exactly great reviewers in my opinion. They that games like Final Fantasy are the god of RPG's. They liked Morrowind which I agreed with but they also reviewed a lot of games saying they sucked where I like them and vice versa.

WHY DO YOU LET OTHER PEOPLE THINK FOR YOU?

Think and judge for yourself. If you don't you will go nowhere and not be happy in life.

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BUY A GAME TO PLAY IT.

You are talking about how it matters what everyone says becuase if you buy a game and it is crap then you wasted your money? Well that is your own fault. You could rent it for 4$ if you wanted to. You could also go to an electronics store and try the demo out on a kiosk. Stop being ignorant PLEASE.

IT is frustrating as hell when kiddies come on here and start talking about how MS is failing becuase all of their games suck becuase a certain website says so. Stop being so dumb. Media has its own motivations for what it does and says. Maybe they get paid to say a game is good or sucks. There is no way of telling, so just stop being so gullable. Once again, think for yourself.

Highlite23
10-02-2002, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by odpr

Well, here is the differnce...........

No i never played Kabuki, but i also never commented about it or posted what another site said.

I only comment on games that i have phiysically put in my XBOX and played, and i usually don't make a comment or post a review until i have played it for at least 10 hrs.

Look below my sig at my games, some people feel some of those games are awfull, but i don't care. I LIKE THEM, ME, MY OPINION, GET IT!!

odpr
10-02-2002, 04:53 PM
hey!
sometime it seems that u read my first of what tI post, and never take the time to read it all...

endless times I wrote that (maybe a caps lock will do..)

I CANT RENT OR SEE ANY OF THE GAMES BEFORE I BUY THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ! ! ! ! !! ! ! ! ! !! !

THE reason is: the Xbox isn't officially n Israel! so, the only thing I Can do is buy from weird stores that can't a ffors a Xbox kiosk.....

the Xbox should come later this year...

please please don't try to educate me about what to choose and where to choose, did I say in any of my post that I choose what to buy just to make my friend happy?!? where did u get this Idea from ? guys u watch to much television! :)
more then that I am in the consoles biz so many years... ( I am sure more then some of u here...) and I never ever buy a game buy a reivew from any site.

btw many times people here post the ign review or the game spot review, when they do that it seems that nobody cares..

MerimacHamwich
10-02-2002, 06:33 PM
So why do you have to follow in line. It seems like people who post about how a xbox game gets a bad review are trying to prevent anybody from buying the game. Why would you want someone else not to buy it if they like it? You are being ignorant of the fact that people have different opinions. It seems like you are trying to force these reviews down our throat to try and make us believe them. Why should I care what some guy in california has to say about a game? I will play it for myself to form my own opinions about it. It is as if you are taking these reviews as the word of God. "The Lord Of The Rings sucks, the gods at IGN say so." In order to form a proper argument you should take both sides into consideration. Tell us how some sites love the game where as some think it is a failure. Don't try to bias our opinions by only posting what IGN has to say about a game. If you want say you looked at 5 diffferent sites. Maybe they all hated the game. Maybe some liked it but the majority hated it. Maybe they all liked it. Whatever the case may be do not present only one point of view and praise it as a holy testemony of gaming.