PDA

View Full Version : HELP- My XBOX Quit Working

voodoo_chile
10-02-2002, 12:17 AM
it worked fine yesterday; then when i go turn it on to play some college footbal 2003, the power light(around the eject button) flashes green and orange and it wont even load the screen w/ the xbox logo on it. what's the deal here? has this happened to you or anyone you know? i got my xbox last christmas so i assume the warranty has expired, so what can i do? will wall-mart allow me to exchange it for another xbox?

thanks for any help

JimmieDoogan
10-02-2002, 12:40 AM
I think green and orange means there's something wrong with your video connector. Make sure it's pushed all the way in the back and on your TV as well.

voodoo_chile
10-02-2002, 12:58 AM
i checked the connections and they're good. also, sometimes, it makes a loud beep about 5 seconds after i turn it on.

spy_spirit
10-02-2002, 06:45 AM
call 1-800-4-MYXBOX (1-800-469-9269)

Chaotic
10-02-2002, 08:01 AM
Beeping sounds like bad memory.

Call support for sure, I think it's something inside your xbox not on the outside..:(

Heavens Gate
10-02-2002, 08:28 AM
Here's a fix. Unplug everything, including the power cord until you get the clock setup. Plug everything back in, including av cables. Power on and bam. Back in business. Or if that fails. format your hard drive (get the code for your box at (18004myxbox) then unplug everything until you get the clock setup. Or replace the AV cables. One of the above should work. It has for me.

Leviathon
10-02-2002, 09:10 AM
My suggestion is, and maybe some of you might not like this, but, if you still have the box for the Xbox, take it back with everything that it originally came with, and see if they will exchange it. Even if you don't have the reciept. They literally will return anything for cash or store credit. They look at it as another happy customer. Take later in the evening too, lesser chance you will get the customer service manager, and more likely you will get some kid or and older person who could care less.

These things should last alot longer than a year.

P.S. O, try and clean it first. :)

Shadow20002
10-02-2002, 12:54 PM
I know what happening to your Xbox. First of all, check your Instruction Manual that come with the console Xbox. Turn to the page 16. Search the subtitle "Status Indicator Light Flashes Continually" and then you will understand what you can do for your Xbox. This is normal case, not something malfunction inside the box. I know it's just you can't control yourself to play xbox game...

P.S. Some solutions to get ride out of your Xbox:

Go out to buy something
Rent movies to see with your family
Play PC games

Hopefully this will help you... ;)

voodoo_chile
10-06-2002, 09:41 PM
well, i've looked everwhere but i can't find the owners manual. does anyone know what i'm supposed to do to fix the problem?

Mega Gamer
10-06-2002, 09:50 PM
that sucks

peejay2288
10-06-2002, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by voodoo_chile
it worked fine yesterday; then when i go turn it on to play some college footbal 2003, the power light(around the eject button) flashes green and orange and it wont even load the screen w/ the xbox logo on it. what's the deal here? has this happened to you or anyone you know? i got my xbox last christmas so i assume the warranty has expired, so what can i do? will wall-mart allow me to exchange it for another xbox?

thanks for any help

Were you excessively aggressive with the console any situation in the past? That may be what's behind this whole situation.

Nerrad529
10-07-2002, 02:36 PM
Ouch thats very bad news I would try to return it and get another one.