PDA

View Full Version : The first Video game...

MASTER TEK
10-02-2002, 01:16 AM
I don't know if anyone has seen this... But take a look. Scroll down and watch the real player movie... pretty sweet controllers eh? :confused:

http://www.osti.gov/accomplishments/videogame.html

Chaotic
10-02-2002, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by MASTER TEK
I don't know if anyone has seen this... But take a look. Scroll down and watch the real player movie... pretty sweet controllers eh? :confused:

http://www.osti.gov/accomplishments/videogame.html

OMG

LMAO, Looks like a sonar on a submarine.....:eek: :confused:

Casper
10-02-2002, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by TheMentorsXbox

OMG

LMAO, Looks like a sonar on a submarine.....:eek: :confused:

Sure the hell does .... and it sounds like metal on metal...man, those were the days :o

Chaotic
10-02-2002, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by casper

Sure the hell does .... and it sounds like metal on metal...man, those were the days :o

To bad i was still a little swimming sperm back then ;)

Casper
10-02-2002, 10:46 AM

To bad i was still a little swimming sperm back then ;)

Yeah...too bad u didn't end up on a Kleenex instead ;)

Chaotic
10-02-2002, 10:49 AM

Im sure i ended up on the kleenex many times but was reborn and regenerated and when it was time i was that little lucky sperm to find the egg before the kleenex. :cool:

CrazyCougar
10-02-2002, 10:59 AM
We had a whole discussion on this last week in the chat room with Mec. 1958? Wow, I'm still in shock that's when the first video game came out.

MASTER TEK
10-02-2002, 11:00 AM

LMFAO!!!!!! I'm almost speechless... I'm sure there are many of his kids floating around in landfills .... sorry H@K , I had to say it...

Chaotic
10-02-2002, 11:10 AM

LMFAO!!!!!! I'm almost speechless... I'm sure there are many of his kids floating around in landfills .... sorry H@K , I had to say it...

To bad they died as soon as they hit the kleenex. (Sperm AIR and being SMASHED IN THE KLEENEX dont MIX) I'm not worried :rolleyes:

Now you on the other hand storing it and cryogenically freezing it :confused: im kind of worried about.

MASTER TEK
10-02-2002, 11:15 AM

To bad they died as soon as they hit the kleenex. (Sperm AIR and being SMASHED IN THE KLEENEX dont MIX) I'm not worried :rolleyes:

Now you on the other hand storing it and cryogenically freezing it :confused: im kind of worried about.

LMFAO good one, but remember what you told me they told you at the sperm bank, they dont die as soon as they hit the air man.... or else you lied about what they told you at the SPERM bank.:confused:

Chaotic
10-02-2002, 11:18 AM

LMFAO good one, but remember what you told me they told you at the sperm bank, they dont die as soon as they hit the air man.... or else you lied about what they told you at the SPERM bank.:confused:

Well if that's the case, which i didn't state they die INSTANTLY but in a matter of minutes they do. If they don't then i have a lot of litte H@k's running around that i don't know about
:confused: GOD that would be terrible:rolleyes:

Acid Snow
10-02-2002, 11:20 AM
poor guy, he should have made Atari, nice find thx bud.

MASTER TEK
10-02-2002, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Acid Snow
poor guy, he should have made Atari, nice find thx bud.

I think he was busy working on the next generation gaming console at the time... PONG

Chaotic
10-02-2002, 11:25 AM

I think he was busy working on the next generation gaming console at the time... PONG

:confused:

JimmieDoogan
10-02-2002, 11:57 AM
Awsome article... thing is... I can remember playing games like that... damn I feel old...

Squidpie
10-02-2002, 12:11 PM
I'm amazed how you guys can turn a convo from the first video game... to sperm on a tissue..lol

Interesting video though Master.

MASTER TEK
10-02-2002, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Squidpie
I'm amazed how you guys can turn a convo from the first video game... to sperm on a tissue..lol

Interesting video though Master.

LMFAO.... ehhh yeah, pretty amazing, messed, but pretty damn funny stuff.... Would it help if when we were ripping on each other that we included the original topic of the thread in the post???

For instance, I could have said, if mentor didnt spend all his time messing on tissues, he could be playing his retro version of PONG.

Chaotic
10-02-2002, 01:10 PM

LMFAO.... ehhh yeah, pretty amazing, messed, but pretty damn funny stuff.... Would it help if when we were ripping on each other that we included the original topic of the thread in the post???

For instance, I could have said, if mentor didnt spend all his time messing on tissues, he could be playing his retro version of PONG.

Or you could have said while playing his retro version of PONG mentor was messing on tissues :rolleyes: ;)

LMFAO!!!!

Hi SQUID :)

MASTER TEK
10-02-2002, 01:18 PM

Or you could have said while playing his retro version of PONG mentor was messing on tissues :rolleyes: ;)

LMFAO!!!!

Hi SQUID :)

OMFG! HAHAHA ehhh ok H@K... maybe we should leave that alone now...I think its downhill from there.... Anyway, It is sad to say but I actually did own and PLAY the hell out of PONG when i was just a SHORTY MASTER TEK.... but soon after the atari came out and then i started getting into the serious games like adventure, missile command, COMBAT LMAO.... and of course pitfall... I think I left BURGERTIME out for a reason...:confused:

Chaotic
10-02-2002, 01:48 PM
Im glad i was still a sperm in a tissue :)

MASTER TEK
10-02-2002, 02:46 PM
Well I was HATCHED by the time PONG came out, it was 1977. Then Atari 2600 was released later that year in october....

It's funny, I dont remember anything else at age 2-3 except PONG and ATARI... yeah the good old days when i could sit around all day and play games and do nothing.... WAIT, I still do that.:confused:

Leviathon
10-02-2002, 02:59 PM
And I thought the Xbox controller was big

Chaotic
10-02-2002, 03:02 PM
yeah the good old days when i could sit around all day and play games and do nothing.... WAIT, I still do that.:confused:

LMFAO :D :D :D :D :confused: :confused:

No sheeiittt.

At least you admit it.

MASTER TEK
10-02-2002, 03:10 PM
I would rather admit that then keep the horrible secret that is causing you INNER FEELINGS of ANGST.

Chaotic
10-02-2002, 03:15 PM
I would rather admit that then keep the horrible secret that is causing you INNER FEELINGS of ANGST.

LMFAO

I think you have me confused with MerimacHamwich :confused: :confused:

I'm the guy with the BEE POLLEN FILLED TUBES ;) and there is no ANGST inside there :D :eek:

MASTER TEK
10-02-2002, 03:18 PM

LMFAO

I think you have me confused with MerimacHamwich :confused: :confused:

I'm the guy with the BEE POLLEN FILLED TUBES ;) and there is no ANGST inside there :D :eek:

OMFG! LMFAO.... So you are saying you are looking for a HONEY COMB to fill? ;)

Chaotic
10-02-2002, 03:21 PM

OMFG! LMFAO.... So you are saying you are looking for a HONEY COMB to fill? ;)

No i was saying im trying to fill a "BUCKET". Honey comb is way to small and wont hold the "LOAD":rolleyes: Especially after the build up of C&B Pills and BEE POLLEN, it's like a nuclear reaction. :eek:

MASTER TEK
10-02-2002, 03:23 PM

No i was saying im trying to fill a "BUCKET". Honey comb is way to small and wont hold the "LOAD":rolleyes: Especially after the build up of C&B Pills and BEE POLLEN, it's like a nuclear reaction. :eek:

Just so you all know, that is a reference to a classic ATARI 2600 game called BUMBLEFUN....

Chaotic
10-02-2002, 03:37 PM

Just so you all know, that is a reference to a classic ATARI 2600 game called BUMBLEFUN....

Yes, and what an "explosive" game it was. Now i see why atari meant so much to me. (Bumblefun) dang i miss u:eek:

carlbme
10-02-2002, 03:40 PM
Real Player is bad...mmmkayyyy

MASTER TEK
10-02-2002, 03:40 PM

Yes, and what an "explosive" game it was. Now i see why atari meant so much to me. (Bumblefun) dang i miss u:eek:

I hear there is a new version of BUMBLEFUN coming out... its like a top secret project though... its called BUMBLEFUN2: THE BALLOONING CONTINUES:)

MASTER TEK
10-02-2002, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by carlbme
Real Player is bad...mmmkayyyy

I didnt say it was good.... I just said check out the video... it was humorous...

If you dont like realplayer, then dont watch it, if you dont watch it, dont post.... easy.;)

Chaotic
10-02-2002, 03:46 PM
Great, I'll be preordering that game for sure ;)

I'll be the first to own it.

Thanks for the great new :)

MASTER TEK
10-02-2002, 04:51 PM
Great, I'll be preordering that game for sure ;)

I'll be the first to own it.

Thanks for the great new :)

H@K, here is an add for the new BUMBLE FUN. Check it out, seems like it will rock...:D

Chaotic
10-02-2002, 04:57 PM
That is just WRONG :confused:

Slacker
10-02-2002, 05:48 PM
Okay to get back on topic,

From what I know , Space war was the first video game , made the same way with a university computer,

MASTER TEK
10-02-2002, 06:18 PM
ok, it's quite possible but space war sounds more involved then a line and a moving dot on an O scope....

Magnum Blast
10-02-2002, 06:27 PM
Yeah I remeber reading about this in the gamespy hall of fame. To bad he never got much credit for making the first game.

MASTER TEK
10-02-2002, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Magnum Blast
Yeah I remeber reading about this in the gamespy hall of fame. To bad he never got much credit for making the first game.

Speaking about credit, that reminds me, i just read something about an old game that blew my mind.

They guy who coded adventure for the atari 2600, which he was told was impossible to fit into 4kb of space by his boss, got royally shafted. The game sold 1 million copies at $25 a peice. The programmer made $22,000 a year to do this... LMAO

Slacker
10-02-2002, 08:41 PM
ok, it's quite possible but space war sounds more involved then a line and a moving dot on an O scope....

Space war , was just two dots on a screen that could move up and down on either side of the screen with a lame space background, not that much more than the Tennis games, I have the whole history of video games writen in American Heritage I am to lazy to go get it though.