PDA

View Full Version : Conflict Desert Storm: Support Nightmare!

netranger6
10-02-2002, 03:12 PM
Ok, here's the deal. I bought this game today, but have not unwrapped it for 2 reasons. First, does it support Widescreen format, and second, does it support 480p?

Well, to find out, I call Gothamgames and tek2games support to find out. What I get is a smart **s chick, with a heavy Fran Dreschner accent straight out of Queens who knows absolutely nothing. She stated that if it works on widescreen, then great, but it was not tested on it. SHe also stated that if it worked in 480p, then great, it was not tested as far as the tech support knows. So, I proceed to ask her if it is true that all games developed for the Xbox are supposed to support 480p, even this one. If this is the case, then why couldn't she tell me?

I'm afraid to open this sucker up and find out it doesn't look good in 16:9 and that it doesn't display a progressive resolution. She basically told me the game was developed for the PC, but distributed for the XBOX and PS2, and that neither were tested extensively. She originally thought I was asking if the game, PC version, supported Widescreen and promptly tried showing me her knowledge about computers, blah..blah...blah.. Basically, there was no support. Me thinking about returning this sucker just based on my conversation with tech support.

If you have any first hand knowledge of display support, please post now! I'd like to keep this baby, but will return it just as fast as I bought it.

Chaotic
10-02-2002, 06:30 PM
Im playing it on my HD Wega and it works great.

So you shouldn't have a problem ;)

netranger6
10-02-2002, 07:46 PM
So it does support 16:9? Or are you playing in 4:3. Please say there's no stretching in 16:9 if you are. This way I can crack the seal and begin the adventure.

Chaotic
10-02-2002, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by netranger6
So it does support 16:9? Or are you playing in 4:3. Please say there's no stretching in 16:9 if you are. This way I can crack the seal and begin the adventure.

Well if you dont have a wide screen TV and run it in widescreen mode there is some stretch guys do appear flat.

My TV isnt a HD widescreen just a Wega HD.

netranger6
10-02-2002, 10:11 PM
ahhh, gotcha. I have 16:9 HD Phillips. I'm still afraid to pop it in, and run it in widescreen mode, and it look like poo. If so, I'll just select 4:3 or something, but damn if it shouldn't be widescreen like all the rest of next gen games.

Chaotic
10-02-2002, 10:13 PM
ahhh, gotcha. I have 16:9 HD Phillips. I'm still afraid to pop it in, and run it in widescreen mode, and it look like poo. If so, I'll just select 4:3 or something, but damn if it shouldn't be widescreen like all the rest of next gen games.

Damn, as i look in the options i dont see anything :confused:

Honestly the game is worth it wether its 16:9 or not IMO. ;)

netranger6
10-02-2002, 10:17 PM
I'm waiting patiently for someone with a 16:9 to say it looks alright. Otherwise, I'll be ****ed at myself for spending the jack on a game which can't take advantage of todays technology.

Chaotic
10-02-2002, 10:25 PM
Well man, like i said even if it doesnt take advantage of the technolgoy the game is great.

Don't base a game off how it looks.

It also supports your own sound tracks FYI.

pounder
10-02-2002, 11:50 PM
man your missing a fun ass game..woohoo this thing rox

hqcosniper
10-03-2002, 12:34 PM
Hey netranger, I tried to email you but it says you don't want emails from this forum, I just had a question but it really doesn't have alot to do with this game. Email me if you want so I can ask you something.

yall
10-09-2002, 04:25 PM
hey mentors,
check to see if your wega has an enhanced 16:9 mode. mine does (supposedly)

maximan00
10-09-2002, 05:25 PM
Me thinking about returning this sucker just based on my conversation with tech support.

Stop your whining and play the friggin' game. It is one of the best games for the xbox right now. It plays great on all tv's. It looks sweet on my 13" oritron black and white tv.

Seriously, you have enough money to buy the tv so just play the games. It most likely will not support the 16:9 format. No Xbox games do unless the game was specifically designed for the xbox. this game was not designed for the xbox as you found out.

Do what you want...My advice would be to return it if you are going to come back on here and yell about the lack of 16:9 support.

netranger6
10-09-2002, 06:16 PM
Maximan00--

Shut the f**k up you little *****. I will slap the **** out of you if we ever have the chance to meet.

Everyone else:

*It supports 16:9, and have posted so already.

*I did not return it, and the game is pretty cool.

*Their support team still sucks ass no matter what.

*Maximan00 is a little cocck succker.

Bakeman
10-09-2002, 07:02 PM
Maximan00--

Shut the f**k up you little *****. I will slap the **** out of you if we ever have the chance to meet.

Everyone else:

you need to chill out man...

glad you like that game... I wasn't expecting much from it.. but I do enjoy it alot..

happy gaming

maximan00
10-09-2002, 08:04 PM
Maximan00--

Everyone else:

Wow..You are one mature individual Netranger.. Glad you like the game...

netranger6
10-11-2002, 08:29 AM
Maximan00-

Don't be a panzie. If you start out a reply with "Stop your whining..." then expect the maturity level to drop dramatically from that point on.

Stride
10-11-2002, 02:56 PM
Ey people I have an idea why don't we just play the game instead of *****ing on oneanother