PDA

View Full Version : Lord of the Rings Help Early On

TimC
10-02-2002, 07:29 PM
It's pretty early for this sort of question, seeing how the game just came out and I only have spent one day fooling around on it so far, but I am already stuck (sorta) in The Fellowship of the Ring. I am far too old and crotchety (32) to figure this out on my own unless I absolutely HAVE to, so I thought I would take the easy way out if possible and have the answer handed to me.

I have left the Shire and have been wandering around some dark woods for quite some time. I have located Merry, Pippin, and Sam, and all three are following me around these woods. I just defeated this reasonably big "boss" spider, one that is darker in color and noticably bigger than the more tan ones guarding Frodo's friends in this forest. Nearby where this spider was, there is a gate that looks pretty darn tempting, but I cannot open it by hand, or with my lockpicks. I have wandered a little bit away from this area to find some other "correct" path, but since I really have no sense of direction inside these woods I do not want to go too terribly far away, in case the exit to the next vital area is anywhere nearby.

Do you go through this gate somehow? Or is the vital path to be on nearby where this big spider was? Or should I wander someplace else entirely?

Thanks to anyone who can help an old man like me figure out this incredibly vexing conundrum! (No...I do not really talk/write that way!)