PDA

View Full Version : NFS Hot Pursuit2

samslophead
10-02-2002, 08:22 PM
has anyone played this yet....is it good....i've got PGR and Sega GT and i know that NFS is a different game, but is it worth buying......

i liked Porsche Unleashed on the PC....does it drive like that?

public EnEmy406
10-04-2002, 12:45 PM
actually im looking for the same answer:D

Crash2k2
10-04-2002, 08:33 PM
this game is awesome. i picked it up last night. my only gripe is that you have to earn points to unlock vehicles and tracks. the really do a good job on the graphics, especially when running next to the ps2 version. i was really hoping that i could hold out until the pc version, but said what the hell and picked it up. right off the bat, you can tell it is need for speed when you play. in the chase mode, you can order roadblocks, spike strips and choppers that drop flaming barrels. When i first started playing, the game seemed to move kind of slow, but it is really just proportioned to how fast the car is able to go. you can import your on music as with most other games on this system. the different camera angles are cool. There is also a camera mode that almost replays your jumps when they occur. There is a tier system, and going back to the points, you can earn points even when just doing quick races...you can earn points for getaways or place finished. All the points go into a bank and are saved in the profile. Overall, i think the game is awesome. The graphics are not rallisport or quantum redshift, but they are good and the game is addictive. shortcuts are all dropped in all over the tracks...hope this helps

public EnEmy406
10-04-2002, 10:24 PM
thanx man is there anything else thats bad in it and how long does it take to get use to the speed

Zion
10-05-2002, 12:11 AM
Everything I've read says that NFS is one of the absolute worst games ever.

There's a thread in the general discussion board where it's pretty much shredded. It does not seem to be worth the plastic it ships in. I had it pre ordered, but cancelled that when I found out the Xbox version was a pile of crap compared to the PS2 version.

Crash2k2
10-05-2002, 06:53 AM
"yeah, right and monkeys will fly out my butt"...lol...and i'll bet max payne was better on a ps2 too...roflmao...side by side, they don't even look like the same game...my ps2 is for gran turismo 3 and kingdom hearts...

Zion
10-05-2002, 08:45 AM
Well if you'd do some research, you'd find out that the PS2 version was developed by BlackBox and the Xbox and Gamecube version were developed by EA in house. The PS2 version has better graphics, more tracks, more cars, better gameplay, and is an overall better game. They ARE two totally different games, there is very little similar between the two.

The Xbox got the shaft on this one. That's just EA for you. The worst game company on the planet.

Crash2k2
10-05-2002, 02:49 PM
i suppose having the 2 side by side means nothing these days...my bad...i guess i will research more and play less before giving a game a thumbs up or thumbs down...sorry, i guess i am just an ass clown...i'll enjoy my garbage of a game...c'mon, at least play it before you blast it...

public EnEmy406
10-05-2002, 03:02 PM
Crash tats exactly right people bash the game cause other people are. just play it and judge it ur self but the means of this thread was to hear opinions of people who have the game and have an opinion about it

TheGiant99
10-05-2002, 10:40 PM
I rented NFS HP2 today and damn is this game adictive. I had been playin Sege GT but finished the game in a few nights. I read all the reviews by people who have never even played the game and they said it sucked it was leary of renting it but I sure am glad I did. The game is just plane FUN!!!! lots of stuff to unlock. I counted 12 tracks dont know how many PS2 has but 12 is pretty good and if ya count the bacwards version that makes 24. And the cars well there are alot and they look sweet. Do yourself a favor and atleast rent it and not let others sway your opinion ya never know you may like it just as much as me.

TheGiant99
10-05-2002, 11:05 PM
And one other thing against previuos reviews that say the PS2 version was developed by EA well that is wrong it was developed by Black Box and the XBOX and Ganecube versions were developed by EA. Go the info on gamespot.com so once again people dont do ther homework before writing reviews.

public EnEmy406
10-05-2002, 11:47 PM
i rented the game today i wanted to like it but it was anoying it took an hour to steer and turn, its kinda slow, and easy, its good but not a game to buy, but its good for renting though

i guess ill just go back to playing rallysport

........ for anybody who has motogp is it a good game to buy

Shiz_96
10-06-2002, 08:53 AM
I rented this game despite all of the bad reviews and gamer impressions and decided to check it out for myself.
COMPARISON TO OTHER RACERS ON XBOX
This game is one of the best arcade racers I've played on xbox when put next to the others and I've owned all the good ones. PGR was tight and I played it for a long time. For an arcade game I did feel the tracks were a bit narrow on some. This is just as much fun so far with tons of challanging things to do and unlock keeping you busy for along time. I'm into Sega Gt for the upgrading and variety of cars and admit the best graphics go to Rallisport..hands down. But....car models in NFS are damn close. I can't find any jaggies anywhere at all on my car. Not taking anything away from GT, car models are better than GT IMO. I go into one of those tunnels with the pillars on the side showing the outside of the tunnel and man...the reflections are unbelievable, mostly because you don't have to look for them, you just notice them and it's sweet.

FUN FACTOR
If you liked any of the other NFS games you probably can't be disappointed with this one. This is the best one yet IMO. I only have the 1st cars so far and I can see how the tracks are so well designed and easily navigated without breaking much at all. You get the idea that when you get some real SPEED you will be smokin the tracks runnin from the cops at 180+. Runnin from the cops has never been this fine tuned. They even send helicopters droppin bombs on ya ass...lol. It's way more fun than I expected.

MODES
In Hot Pursuit there's like 33 events to complete. Sometimes you just street race with the cops on ya ass going after everybody (though I feel they are more aggressive when chasing me and it makes it kinda difficult). Sometimes you will be delivering cars within certain time frames, you have some events asking you to survive a race and be the Last Man Standing against the cops. You compete for bronze, silver and gold as expected. There's more event types too, these are just the 1st ones.
In Championship mode there's also another whopping 33 events. I'm gonna be playing this game forever...lol.
Multiplayer
In multiplayer you get all the stuff the cops do. You can also race a friend and there are AI cars too all the while you are being hunted by cops (the AI gets chased too) and dodging traffic at the same time. You can turn off the cops or the traffic if it gets to hectic for you. For practicing there's a Free Run mode.
Theres also a tournament mode where you can set the amount of races too . Couldn't ask for more variety.

Conclusion
If you want a fun game that has the most exotic cars of any racing game (did I mention a lamborghini?), madd stuff to unlock and pure sweetness in graphics...you have to get this game. If you don't buy it you have to ignore these haters and at least rent it for yourself. I almost fell into the trap but decided to rent it because of how much I liked the Playstation version. So glad I rented it. I will be buying it as soon as I take it back to Blockbuster. I doubt there's anyway it could look better on PS2 but I don't own one anymore so I can't speak on that. Try the game for yourself and post YOUR impressions.

samslophead
10-08-2002, 10:52 AM
I rented the game the other night too, and played it with some friends. I thought the same thing...the game was just FUN. It was cool chasing the cars as cops and crashing your buds and racing on the wide open courses. My only fault with the game so far is that the cars in multiplayer seemed kind of slow...almost lagging. I didn't play single player enough to see the same results, but it seemed ok to me. I don't know if the multiplayer seemed slow because it just was, or because I read the EGM review about the PS2 port being so much better. As you advance in the game, do the faster cars give you a better sense of speed?

Shiz_96
10-08-2002, 04:37 PM
Wha I wanna know is why are the Lamborghinis only 30000 compared to 80000 for the F50 Ferrari. Makes no sense to me. The Ghinis should cost way more than they do.

Spaztic
10-11-2002, 09:12 AM
Dude this game is awsome. It is one of the most highly addictive racers I have ever played. The cars are phat, and the tracks are well done. The music is good, the cars to don't have many polygons but they still look good. This game rulez anyone who atleast dosn't rent this is going to miss out on a awsome gaming experience. Don't listen to reviews on this game judge it for yourself.....I love it.

zfBRAT
10-12-2002, 12:38 AM
I got this game for xbox, cos I love driving with the two analog sticks :p I haven't played it yet, either...lol

Innotech
10-14-2002, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Shiz_96
Wha I wanna know is why are the Lamborghinis only 30000 compared to 80000 for the F50 Ferrari. Makes no sense to me. The Ghinis should cost way more than they do.

The Lamborghini Murcielago retails for about 350,000
the Ferrari F50 retailed for roughly 650,000

As you can see, the Ferrari costs a considerable amount more because of far more technology and more expensive materials.

BTW, heres a review I made based on IGn's XBOX NFSHP2 review, but with my experiences from NFSHP. In other words, it details how good NFSHP is on PC and how pants its sequel is on XBOX. I am very much waiting for NFSHP2 on PC, because htey always do that version the best. afterall, there is a huge userbase for PC versions, and many of them, myself included, like to edit incredibly realistic high poly cars ofr hte game. More in fact, than it was designed to handle, meaning only 1 or 2 cars can be raced without crashing the game ;)

http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25173