PDA

View Full Version : whats the most addictive game you have ever played

xboxmaster2002
10-02-2002, 10:48 PM
mine was phantasy star online and when it comes out for xbox ill play that more than ever i cant wait for it :D

japes1
10-02-2002, 11:07 PM
Blood Omen 2.

Bakeman
10-02-2002, 11:09 PM
Mine was probably

Rainbow Six Series

Squidpie
10-02-2002, 11:11 PM
Roller Coaster Tycoon...lol....(or was it Mary Kate and Ashley go to the Mall..hehe)

xboxmaster2002
10-02-2002, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Squidpie
Roller Coaster Tycoon...lol....(or was it Mary Kate and Ashley go to the Mall..hehe)

roller coaster tycoon was a sweet game i played that all the time then PSO came out havent played RCT since :D

Squidpie
10-02-2002, 11:32 PM
Yeah ...but ...Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 is coming :D

xboxmaster2002
10-02-2002, 11:35 PM
yeah but so is PSO... november sometime, i havent even read anything on RCT2. I'm sure ill play it either way ill have to look at some preveiws or somthing.

Reclaimer
10-03-2002, 12:49 AM
Mine was Gran Tourismo 1 on the PS. I couldn't put it down once I started kicking butt. I had a Mitsubishi 3000 GT and I had it all Rally'd out and all the mods and what not. I was so addicted because I would sit there and tune my transmission for hours trying to find the perfect ratio to break 215 MPH. All I could get was 214 and a quarter on the speed track. It was the pursuit of perfection.

Then it was MS Flight Simulator 98 because I wanted to learn how to fly the helicopter perfectly. THere was an adventure where you had to fly out of the aircraft carrier from the inner flight bay in the San Fran bay and turn around and hover up to the flight pad and land. That was nearly impossible with high winds and weather conditions. Then I wanted to land the Sopwith Camel on the Aircraft Carrier. While the carrier was underway. It's easy getting there. Not so easy trying to land at no power and not stalling out, or getting blown over the corner.

Finally, I was addicted to Gunmetal. I was so deadset to conquer this game. If you play it during the higher levels you begin to not accept defeat and get ****ed at the game. It was like: I swear I'm going to finish this level if it kills me!

Who knows what it will be tomorrow.

CajunIsRagin
10-03-2002, 01:25 AM
Phantasy Star Online for DC. That game was too addicting online. I found myself playing until 11 am the next morning on some days.Couldn't get enough.

xboxmaster2002
10-03-2002, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by CajunIsRagin
Phantasy Star Online for DC. That game was too addicting online. I found myself playing until 11 am the next morning on some days.Couldn't get enough.

same here i played for like 19 hrs a day and time went sooo fast i had like 10 charactors most of them leveled to 100 i put well over 1000 hrs on that game and now in November we can do it agian and with voice chat i cant wait

Variation-XBA
10-03-2002, 04:02 AM
Everquest...

Finally forced myself to quit after 2.5 yearshttp://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/otn/sad/mecry.gif

E-Vader
10-03-2002, 06:23 AM
For the Xbox I'd say Blood Omen II............... so far

But overall Deus Ex

FuNkY mOnK
10-03-2002, 07:30 AM
Doom

Chaotic
10-03-2002, 07:50 AM
I would have to say

Return Fire for 3DO

:cool:

Woocifer
10-03-2002, 08:12 AM
Pitfall on the Atari

Phantasy Star (greatest RPG) on Master System

Kadash on the Genesis

Virtua Tennis on Dreamcast

I suppose Halo on Xbox but nothing has been addictive on it yet.

Zion
10-03-2002, 11:31 AM
BLOOD WAKE!!!

Man that was one addicting game. I would get so mad and throw my controller across the room only to jump up and chase it down so I could jump back in it. Good Lord that game is sweet!

JJaX
10-03-2002, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Zion
BLOOD WAKE!!!

Man that was one addicting game. I would get so mad and throw my controller across the room only to jump up and chase it down so I could jump back in it. Good Lord that game is sweet! :confused: :confused: :confused: Riggght.......

Mine would have to be Unreal tournament. I cant get enough of it!

"ON MY WAY!"

CrazyCougar
10-03-2002, 11:39 AM
For the Xbox it would have to be NCAA 2003.

But the most addictive game for me would have to be Links Golf Series from MS on the PC.

maneatingcow
10-03-2002, 11:42 AM
Most Addictive Game For The XBox: JSRF
Most Addictive Game Overall: Tetris (Original Gameboy Version, or Bootleg (Tengen) NES Version)

Waffle.

Dre
10-03-2002, 12:29 PM
I think mine would have to be Diablo II. If you count the amount of hours I spent playing that game on battle.net along with the expansion set.. it was just ridiculous.

whatsyourprob?
10-03-2002, 12:48 PM
Street Fighter 2 with Mortal Kombat2 in a close 2nd.

Casper
10-03-2002, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by JJaX
:confused: :confused: :confused: Riggght.......

Mine would have to be Unreal tournament. I cant get enough of it!

"ON MY WAY!"

I'm sorry, did I blow your head off.

BOOM! You be dead

;)

Yup...URT would have to be the most addictive of "recent" games.

I'll have to go with MEC-XBA with Tetris also...man, I still hear that music :(

JJaX
10-03-2002, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by casper

I'm sorry, did I blow your head off.

BOOM! You be dead

;)

Yup...URT would have to be the most addictive of "recent" games.

I'll have to go with MEC-XBA with Tetris also...man, I still hear that music :(

BOOM!

Warboss ownz all! Gotta love the voice!!

Yo so casper, when you gonna put UT on your Comp so we can battle?

Casper
10-03-2002, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by JJaX

BOOM!

Warboss ownz all! Gotta love the voice!!

Yo so casper, when you gonna put UT on your Comp so we can battle?

I get it, along with cable internet, this weekend...give me a call on the cellie and we'll set something up..then again, I still gotta play my XBL :D

JJaX
10-03-2002, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by casper

I get it, along with cable internet, this weekend...give me a call on the cellie and we'll set something up..then again, I still gotta play my XBL :D

Aight aight! Just lemme know when your ready Boi!

Xtopia
10-03-2002, 02:04 PM
Most addictive game by far for me is:

MS Flight Simulator 2000/2002. I loved those games. I took it to an extreme, I joined online air factions, I must have logged 1000+ flying hours in that game.

And Reclaimer, I don't know how you did it! I could never fly the copter! EVER! But boy, I was the master of the Cessna. I could do IFR approaches, the whole nine yards! I really got into that game! And I most have spent around $400 dollars buying planes, equipment, airports! EVERY thing. I loved it!:cool:

meda1ni
10-03-2002, 02:22 PM
STARCRAFT...............and of course BROODWAR expansion

spliffdUP
10-03-2002, 04:24 PM
Marvel vs Capcom 2 for Dreamcast. Also Starcraft was really addicting for awhile thats why I stopped playing it.

Boomer
10-03-2002, 04:55 PM
Playing Midtown madness 2 on the net against 7 other people! that was very addicive. I played it for at least a year!
Now I just can't wait for MM3 for xbox :cool:

Cybiker
10-03-2002, 06:10 PM
Rogue Spear for PC..i played that game 24/7 this summer...SWAT clan...that stuff ruled..and then school came and the clan bombed out:(

Slim Shady
10-03-2002, 06:23 PM
Jurrasic Park: Rampage Eddition For Genisis :D

Xtopia
10-03-2002, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Boomer
Playing Midtown madness 2 on the net against 7 other people! that was very addicive. I played it for at least a year!
Now I just can't wait for MM3 for xbox :cool:

Ohh! I forget about MM1 and 2. Loved it!:p I can't wait for MM3 for Xbox either!
Just driving around in city was fun!

Acid Snow
10-03-2002, 07:10 PM
DOOM (both)
C&C (1)
Diablo (1)
Star Craft (both)
Counter-Strike
Halo

Jarvis
10-03-2002, 07:42 PM
By a MILE was Subspace for me. Was a crappy top view shooter game that has been around for almost 8 years. I played it off and on over a period of about 7 years, I would guess I put over 1000 hours into it easily.

I also played Asheron's Call like a madman for a few years, fantastic game, made good money selling sht on ebay too.

-jarvis

Reclaimer
10-03-2002, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Xtopia
Most addictive game by far for me is:

MS Flight Simulator 2000/2002. I loved those games. I took it to an extreme, I joined online air factions, I must have logged 1000+ flying hours in that game.

And Reclaimer, I don't know how you did it! I could never fly the copter! EVER! But boy, I was the master of the Cessna. I could do IFR approaches, the whole nine yards! I really got into that game! And I most have spent around $400 dollars buying planes, equipment, airports! EVERY thing. I loved it!:cool:

It took cajones of steel to get out of there. Many many hours of adjusting power on take off so you don't blast off straight into the overhead. You have to be quick on the keyboard to fly the helo. Especially with no flight stick. I never really touced the yoke, I basically used the cyclic and main rotor throttle to fly out of there and turn around and land. When the wind started to bump me I had to bump power just barely to counteract. The game took severe skill to do anything other than take off. I once tried to see if I could buzz the A/C flight deck with the 727 while in motion. I tracked it down in the bay turned in and it looked pretty good. I misinterpreted my altimeter and belly bounced on the deck and went right into the ocean. I loved trying to successfully perform stunts and feats of skill on that game.

BlubberBuns
10-03-2002, 08:34 PM
Hands down, Everquest.

Playa128
10-03-2002, 09:01 PM
halo online:)

y2kash_14
10-03-2002, 11:47 PM
Warcraft II Battle:Net

Xtopia
10-04-2002, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by Reclaimer 343

It took cajones of steel to get out of there. Many many hours of adjusting power on take off so you don't blast off straight into the overhead. You have to be quick on the keyboard to fly the helo. Especially with no flight stick. I never really touced the yoke, I basically used the cyclic and main rotor throttle to fly out of there and turn around and land. When the wind started to bump me I had to bump power just barely to counteract. The game took severe skill to do anything other than take off. I once tried to see if I could buzz the A/C flight deck with the 727 while in motion. I tracked it down in the bay turned in and it looked pretty good. I misinterpreted my altimeter and belly bounced on the deck and went right into the ocean. I loved trying to successfully perform stunts and feats of skill on that game.

I have a flighstick and a yoke, and that helicopter is still impossible. I stick to fixed wing aircraft.:D :cool: :cool:

Goku_69
10-04-2002, 12:12 AM
HALO:cool:

whatsyourprob?
10-04-2002, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Xtopia

I have a flighstick and a yoke, and that helicopter is still impossible. I stick to fixed wing aircraft.:D :cool: :cool:

1st let me add Warcraft2 to my list of most addicting games... i almost failed highschool due to war2 and kali.

as for flight games, comanche3, you guys ever play that? it was a great mix between arcade and sim, and the online play freakin rocked! comanche4 is coming for xbox... might want to consider buying it... i feel it will be worth more then a rent.

Leviathon
10-04-2002, 03:33 PM
I would have to agree with some of the other posters fromt he begining that RCT was great, especially with the trainers that you could download. I hope that Chris Sawyer wises up and allows you to do the things that the trainers did.

JeremyX
10-04-2002, 04:09 PM
Tetris!!!!!
:eek: :eek: :eek:

BigGamer X
10-04-2002, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Woocifer
Pitfall on the Atari

Phantasy Star (greatest RPG) on Master System

Kadash on the Genesis

Virtua Tennis on Dreamcast

I suppose Halo on Xbox but nothing has been addictive on it yet. Cadash, not Kadash:) Finally someone else that loved that game! I had that, I also had the Turbo Version.......don't worry the Genesis version was FAR better. I also had a couple arcades close by that had it, and it really rocked in the arcade. The graphics and sound were much nicer. If only you could play that version....:) :confused: :)

P.S. PSO on DC the game I logged most hours on. The xbox version will rule !!

mrmp3
10-04-2002, 09:16 PM
My list:

Sega Genesis most addicting: SOR series, Mutant League sports series, Shining Force Series and Skitchen

SNES: FFIII

PS: Twisted Metal II, Suikoden, Loaded

N64: AKI wrestling games, Goldeneye, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Perfect Dark, Road Rash 64

Saturn: Panzer Dragoon Saga

Dreamcast: PSO (and I didn't even play it online!), Shenmue II (imported it from the UK, OUTSTANDING!!! Blew a month of my life playing it and exploring it...then I decided to finish the 1st disc), Vigilante 8: Second Offense

PS2: (pretty addicting) MGS:2, THPS3, Madden Series (insanely addictive) GTA3, ATV Offroad Fury

GC: still waiting :rolleyes:

Xbox: Halo (will system link ever get boring?)

PC (keep in mind I have a low end computer): Counter-Strike (it's disgusting how often I played against my brother on the LAN), Tiberian Sun (another game I played via my crossover cable) , the rest of the C&C series, and the Warcraft series.

Signing off...

Kortiz
10-04-2002, 09:34 PM
Everquest.

1.5years and still playing

all who have played what servers did you play on?

i play on ECI, Kortiz is mah main char

bob808
10-04-2002, 09:52 PM
I got seriously addicted to Morrowind. Talk about crack!

borka105
10-04-2002, 10:14 PM
Midtown Madness 2 for the pc-

God that game is so awesome
It has such a cult following that people would create their own cars and you could download them into the game.
Also I would play online for hours and hours at a time.
Def., most addictive game EVER!!!!!

Dig Dug- I am surprised no one has mentioned this game yet. Yes, I could be seen near my computer playing this game in spurts of 5 hours at a time.

-Borka105

y2kash_14
10-04-2002, 11:19 PM
there was also this insanly addictive game called Pong, it came with some driving game called Test Drive:cool: