PDA

View Full Version : Hitman 2 review at IGN!

SeaDogs2
10-03-2002, 12:05 AM
Anyone know what it got?

SeaDogs2
10-03-2002, 12:12 AM
Presentation
Simple yet wholly satisfying. Don't be surprised when a movie based on this game is announced. The story is that rich. 9.0

Graphics
Even though Xbox standards are getting tougher, the animation, environments and models are now merely great instead of flabbergasting. 8.0

Sound
Best music since Halo and some might fine sound effects. Would a little surround sound be too much to ask? 8.0

Gameplay
Thinking like an assassin is always fun, but this game gives you the option to play smart or play dumb and rewards you either way. 8.0

Lasting Appeal
You can blaze through it in an afternoon if you turn it into a slaughterfest. Play the right way and you'll get plenty of life out of Agent 47. 8.0

OVERALL SCORE (not an average) 8.4

damn, i might need this game. this gives it an average of 8.2 at Gamerankings

tgarza
10-03-2002, 12:16 AM
I picked it up today, it is SWEET! That is a very good review for Xbox haters- IGN. I gave my review on XBA. Check it out.;)

CajunIsRagin
10-03-2002, 01:35 AM
I also picked the game up today. Its a great game. Thumbs up.

BTW: My game has frozen up twice so far and the music is repeating like a broken record. I don't believe its the game. I think it might be my box because this has happen on "The Thing" as well. Is there a disk cleaner especially made for the Box that you can buy in the stores to clean the lens inside. I haven't seen one. Please help?

sectioneight
10-03-2002, 01:54 AM
Anyone have the PS2 review

All the sites are saying the xbox is far superior.

If IGN rules in favor of PS2 on this one, but they are indefinately cross off my xmas card list.

If IGN gave this a 8.4 and it always hard marking xbox games, this must really be cooking

It will be mine tomorrow

xboxmaster2002
10-03-2002, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by sectioneight
Anyone have the PS2 review

All the sites are saying the xbox is far superior.

If IGN rules in favor of PS2 on this one, but they are indefinately cross off my xmas card list.

If IGN gave this a 8.4 and it always hard marking xbox games, this must really be cooking

It will be mine tomorrow

PS2 Reveiw...

Presentation
With artistic flourishes, excellent still shots, and great pre-mission presentation, Hitman delivers. 9.0
Graphics
High resolution textures, great architectural and good characters design, and solid sound effects. 8.5
Sound
Top quality sound effects and original music from the The Budapest Symphony Orchestra and Choir. 9.0
Gameplay
Control issues might bug some, but tthe flurry of pure stealth and sniping missions is addictive and engagaing. 8.5
Lasting Appeal
Given the open design, this game begs to be replayed several times. 8.0

sectioneight
10-03-2002, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by xboxmaster2002

PS2 Reveiw...

Presentation
With artistic flourishes, excellent still shots, and great pre-mission presentation, Hitman delivers. 9.0
Graphics
High resolution textures, great architectural and good characters design, and solid sound effects. 8.5
Sound
Top quality sound effects and original music from the The Budapest Symphony Orchestra and Choir. 9.0
Gameplay
Control issues might bug some, but tthe flurry of pure stealth and sniping missions is addictive and engagaing. 8.5
Lasting Appeal
Given the open design, this game begs to be replayed several times. 8.0

Thanks

Sound got 9.0 for the PS2 and an 8.0 for the Xbox.

Ya..ok this makes sense. Plus PS2 Review have said there is some controll issues with the PS2, and not with the Xbox. Yet it gets the same score for control

Why I ever bother reading these things anymore I don't even know...

FuNkY mOnK
10-03-2002, 07:06 AM
I only read reviews after I either rented the game or made a purchase; XBN mag gave shrek 6 and enclave 5, both games hit the graphics in the bulls-eye but enclave had more depth in the fun dept. proof is in the pudding that reviews are misleading most of the time.

Woocifer
10-03-2002, 08:20 AM
You also have to remember that the guy reviewing the Xbox version is not the same guy as the PS2 person. They probably don't even give two squirts of urine what each other says and just write down what they feel is right.

I've played the demo of this game and the first level sold me...I was worried it was going to be a high intense action shooter from the movies and not like the first one where you actually had to think and move carefully. This game is what I'm lookin for :)

Koopa
10-03-2002, 08:41 AM
you cant compare reviews across two platforms....there are different reviewers who have slightly different ideas of what a game should be. I think they (or maybe it was gamespot) even wrote an article about how comparing reviews across different systems doesn't work.

so don't do it.

it should be enough that we have a good xbox game on our hands, dont worry about accusing IGN of having bias or anything. They're still one of the biggest and best sources of info on the net, so you might as well learn to love them.

DZNUTZ
10-03-2002, 10:05 AM
i could probably take 2 minutes and find out for myself...but i won't

by any chance does it have a multiplayer mode?
death match?

Woocifer
10-03-2002, 12:24 PM
No... It's not really that kinda game anyway...

studepaber
10-03-2002, 12:37 PM
Wow this game is great! Between this and Conflict Desert Storm I'm getting no sleep :( The openendedness lets you choose whether you wanna just go on a shooting rampage or just use 1 bullet to complete a level, and there are NUMEROUS approaches you can take in completing each level. I'm currently on level 3, but can't seem to make the hits, ahhhh well.

Snoopy7548
10-03-2002, 04:03 PM
is the original hitman good? i downloaded it a long time ago, and ive never played it. lol

No Fear 23
10-03-2002, 04:16 PM
what a waste snoop lol

Snoopy7548
10-03-2002, 04:18 PM
lol, how is that a waste? its not like i paid for it