PDA

View Full Version : Most disappointing game

Reclaimer
10-03-2002, 05:50 AM
This is not a "Worst game list" this is merely: What game did you really anticipate and it ended up disappointing you. Probably on top of that list will be WWF Raw. I was so stoked to get that game. I saw all the pictures and hype until I got it home and was like: WTF? I was severely ****ed with that game. To me that is the epitomy of the hype over rating the game. Any more?

Chr0nik
10-03-2002, 06:08 AM
Definately WWF RAW. That game was the biggest let down ever.

Zion
10-03-2002, 07:23 AM
I think Bruce Lee was the biggest dissapointment ever. I knew this game was going to be a blast....boy was I surprised. I don't think I've played a crappier game.

CajunIsRagin
10-03-2002, 08:02 AM
BloodWake. Was very disappointed.

Heavens Gate
10-03-2002, 08:39 AM
Put it this way. Bruce Lee is turning over in his grave right now!!!

Leviathon
10-03-2002, 09:23 AM
I would have to say that RAW was my biggest dissapointment.
I did not play Bruce Lee, but my friend said that he rented it and it was total garbage.

The new WWE game I hear, will bring what RAW left out.

DZNUTZ
10-03-2002, 09:56 AM
1. Raw was a good game
2. Glad to hear your enjoying nhl2002 XBOXMIKE. i miss it already.

Squidpie
10-03-2002, 07:54 PM
Azurik was a huge disappointment... and could he have been any bluer? :confused:

carlbme
10-03-2002, 08:06 PM
I'd have to say Azurik as well.
Found the game incredibly boring.

y2kash_14
10-03-2002, 08:17 PM
DEFINITLEY Bruce Lee: Quest of Dragon.........i mean i KNEW it was gonna suck, but that was a whole new level of Crap..... NOT worth the rental fee

Nameless
10-03-2002, 08:20 PM
Without a doubt, the game everyone loves that I was hugely dissapointed in...

HALO:mad:

;)

Slim Shady
10-03-2002, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Nameless
Without a doubt, the game everyone loves that I was hugely dissapointed in...

HALO:mad:

;)
wow that took a while to go all the way down...
Id say all the games mentioned were dissapointing and Test Drive was also dissapointing :)

rocksback
10-03-2002, 09:20 PM
Mine would have to be Halo, Just kidding don't shoot me. Its probably kabuki warriors.

evil xbox king
10-03-2002, 10:31 PM
1. WWE RAW
2. Dead or Alive 3

y2kash_14
10-03-2002, 11:10 PM
actually Halo WAS a bit of a disappointment.......but it was still good enough to nab a GOTY Award from some reviewers

Goku_69
10-03-2002, 11:45 PM
How did Halo dissapoint you? I love every bit of that game!
I made the mistake of buying Raw before renting it!:(

y2kash_14
10-03-2002, 11:50 PM
ahh just little things, like the rooms were very repetitive, it would have been better with bots in multiplayer, maybe some Original Secret mini-games(say you have one Rocket Launcher infinite rockets and put on a field filled with Grunts) might have made it a little more interesting, but again, these are only little things, Halo is still a great game, just not Metal Gear Solid or GTA 3 great

mahalan
10-04-2002, 10:53 AM
As any regular here will already know, my most disappointing game was Morrowind. I'd been anticipating this game for a very long time. I'd been a regular poster on BethSoft's website. Then I get the game and find out that it's a piece of junk with pretty backgrounds. I guess we'll see if Fable turns out to be the first real RPG for a console.

UltimateAg
10-04-2002, 11:22 AM
When I was first considering whether to get a new computer or xbox, I found out that they were making a Bruce Lee Xbox game that did it for me. So essentially the Bruce Lee game was one of the major reasons I got an xbox. Needless to say I was pretty disappointed (not with buying an xbox but obviously the game). I've never felt so betrayed. I wish the ghost of bruce lee would come back and kick the game developer's @sses. Or at least haunt them for about 10 years.

Dirtball7
10-04-2002, 11:44 AM
I expected Turok Evolution to be much more than what it is.. a very average FPS. Rental at best. I also bought before trying. I think technology is moving so quick that these games that have been in development for so long lose their edge when they are finally released. New Legends and Obi Wan are also high on my list. Big disappointments! :(

public EnEmy406
10-04-2002, 12:35 PM
it would have to be RAw they made everybody excited about blood,fighting in the crowd and making our sound tracks and at the end they take it all out.

Young_Fledgling
10-04-2002, 08:12 PM
wwf raw.... crappy career mode and no good extras just made this one NOT BAD... but very disappointing.

Variation-XBA
10-05-2002, 01:21 AM
Raw by far. I used to count the days down....then eventually traded it in... I am looking forward to Raw2 now....but kinda weary....:confused:

JohnnyMadDog
10-19-2002, 07:46 PM
Test Drive and Wreckless were huge dissapointments for me.
I should have learned buy now, spend $4 and rent it before you buy it and save $45 bucks if it sucks.:mad:

EHWfedPres
10-19-2002, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Leviathon
The new WWE game I hear, will bring what RAW left out.

You mean physics? Nothing like elbow-dropping a man that is standing 5 feet away, and then the guy actually hits the move and his opponent is down for 7 minutes straight...:mad:

Raw was the biggest let-down, with Enclave coming in second. Many might not agree, but many people werent as hyped up about enclave as I was. :(

Raw 2 better have a good physics system, like No Mercy's...and NO REVERSING GRAPPLES!!!!!

What the hell, just give me a dámn Fire Pro game and i'll be happy for life!

EHWfedPres
10-19-2002, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by mahalan
Then I get the game and find out that it's a piece of junk with pretty backgrounds.

Oh, so you havent been outside Seyda Neen? :rolleyes:

If you actually PLAYED the game, you would realize that it's the greatest single player game for the Xbox right now.

Air X.N.
10-20-2002, 10:58 PM
JSRF. Own it and can't see why everone loved it so much. Guess I'm too old.
And Hunter. WTF people see in that game I'll never know.(Random spawning zombie, thanks for coming out. Its not 1987 ya know)
And Marrowind, what an A55 crappy port, big time let down.(buggy as hell)

On PC I'd say C&C:TS. I cried after seeing that. Even NWN wasn't all I though it would be.

Now I'm sad:confused: :(

shrew king
10-20-2002, 11:35 PM
I was really dissapointed with Jet Set Radio Future, im not sure what people liked about it. From what i played you roller skate around and spraypaint things. not trying to simplify it to make it sound stupid but i honestly didnt see what you actually do in it...

EHWfedPres
10-20-2002, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by shrew king
I was really dissapointed with Jet Set Radio Future, im not sure what people liked about it. From what i played you roller skate around and spraypaint things. not trying to simplify it to make it sound stupid but i honestly didnt see what you actually do in it...

i agree totally...i got bored playing the demo.

DOOM
10-21-2002, 12:25 AM
LOTR....:confused: :mad: :confused:

MerimacHamwich
10-21-2002, 12:44 AM
I love Enclave but I was disapointed that it did not have any multiplayer.

LOTR let me down with some of the cutscenes and voice acting but I have this thing where anything LOTR I love.

Amped should have had a better career mode. It was good except for the fact that the Sponsor side of things was super unrealistic.

Every game after Tony Hawk 2 on N64 in the series disappointed me.

I thought Halo would look better the first time I saw it. Then after playing it a little more I realised the subtleties of the bump mapping and everything.

Wreckless wasn't what I thought it would be.

Raw was waaaayyyy slower than I thought. I played it at EB world before I rented it and it was slow as hell there. Except I thought that maybe some kid screwed up the gameplay speed. Turns out they really did make a game where you run slower than a turtle walks. I still had some fun with it though. I loved picking up clothing items and wearin em. Then they get smacked off and you pick them up and smack the opponent with em.

Hunter really wasn't that great. I expected it to be a cool zombie fighting game but it turned out to be a Micheal Jackson video... with uglier graphics.

NHL 2002 - I don't know about you but my body is constantly jiggling around like J-E-L-L-O.

NBA inside drive - Cannot create a player or even do an alley-oop. I mean come on.

Blood Wake - Too simple. It was alright but it got pretty hard pretty fast and I expected a little more of a story and gameplay.

Morrowind did everything EXCEPT disapoint me.

Squidpie
10-21-2002, 02:24 AM
The characters in Morrowind really disappointed me... they looked horrible.... the water looked great though and the rain sounded cool.

HaloMasterVI
10-21-2002, 05:20 AM
1. WWF RAW (slow, took too long to get up, no ring announcer, no ref, limited match types, no career/story mode)
2. Bloodwake(bored me to tears, don't know why anyone would want this one)
3. Wreckless(Good graphics but some maddeningly frustrating missions and no multiplayer)
4. Dead to Rights(still good, but I didnt like having the game where you walk into shots being fired contantly, it made it kind of unrealistic, the AI sucked so bad)
5. Oddworld(played through it once, was ok, but rather tedious, havent picked it up since).

l Maximus l
10-21-2002, 01:29 PM
Bloodwake. I won't even use the disc as a beer coaster... :(

studepaber
10-21-2002, 02:04 PM
I thought Hunter was gonna be alot better than it was. IMO the original Gauntlets still own in that category of games.

Shadow20002
10-21-2002, 10:15 PM
I played many games in Xbox but none of theses was a cr@p.

JohnnyMadDog
10-23-2002, 08:17 PM
I think that X-Box is letting any Tom Dikk and Harry make a game for it, no matter how crappy the game is, just to get their game library built up. That is why I will spend $5 and rent it first because I am sick of paying $50 for a game that is hyped up on TV comercials and then finding out that the game SUCKS!
That's just my opinion.
John:mad:

ARONO129
10-23-2002, 10:24 PM
Has to be WWF Raw. From now on I rent games before I buy them. Most stores where I live won't let you exchange for another game so renting is the thing to do for me.

MixMasta
10-23-2002, 10:38 PM
wreckless was too easy, hunter got boring, bruce lee sucked ass, but i loved jsrf and morrowind!!

DarkPhoenix
10-24-2002, 04:54 AM
Test Drive is mine... Me and some friends also expected more from Circus Maximus.

Liquid Gears
10-24-2002, 03:00 PM
Test Drive
Bruce Lee
Dead to Rights