PDA

View Full Version : Hocey is here

crazyotto
10-03-2002, 06:20 AM
Hands down I'm all over Sega NHL. With the ESPN feel it's grate. I did rent the top 3 NFL games (not really into fooball) and did like the Sega 2k alot more. Never mind Live- that matters.

it's a dum poll sorry.....

Zion
10-03-2002, 07:25 AM
NHL Hitz is the way to go!

FuNkY mOnK
10-03-2002, 07:29 AM
EA owns this dept with NHL play hands down, the pc version anyway.

Woocifer
10-03-2002, 08:16 AM
EA has sucked the past few years...they are turning hockey into some kind of bs midway attraction. I hate the points and the cards and all that crappy camera work.

Their defense AI is HORRIBLE and I remember when just scooping the puck from the blue line could trick the goalie and you could score...garbage...I really like the idea of playing hockey online so I'm going to give NHL2K3 a try. If it sucks I will try EA...but I'm not looking forward to it as I tried the demo on my pc and it seems even more fake and silly this year.

BTW the poll makes no sense...you cant have a question saying are you going to buy Sega hockey or EA hockey and then put yes, no, both, neither.....

THAT MAKES NO SENSE!!!!!

JimmieDoogan
10-03-2002, 11:01 AM
EA's game is merely ok. I've been playing the same old tired EA Hockey for so long, it's time for a game that offers DEPTH on the ice. NHL2k2 did that for me, and I think 2k3 will be even better. EA's just got a game where you shoot at the goalie enough times and he'll miss the catch, in Sega's game you actually have to make a play to score. I love that!

Zion
10-03-2002, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by FuNkY mOnK
EA owns this dept with NHL play hands down, the pc version anyway.

Actually, the only thing EA owns is 3rd place behind NHL 2k3 and NHL Hitz.

CrazyCougar
10-03-2002, 11:28 AM
NHL Hitz? That's not even a hockey sim! I love the game but it cant be compared to EA and Sega. I love EA's hockey, but I am willing to give Sega a try this year, especially for hte online capabilites. Thats gonna be kewl! It's hard to switch games though after years of getting used to one.

CrazyCougar
10-03-2002, 11:30 AM
BTW I agree with Wooficer, that poll makes no sense at all!!!!!! Are you going to buy EA or Sega? Yes, No ? HUH!:eek:

xboxmaster2002
10-03-2002, 11:32 AM
yea i voted yes cause it looked like he was saying will you buy one of these then both or neither, but im going to buy NHL 2k3 first of all because its so much beter and i have never played a bad sega sports game :D

Zion
10-03-2002, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by CrazyCougar
NHL Hitz? That's not even a hockey sim! I love the game but it cant be compared to EA and Sega. I love EA's hockey, but I am willing to give Sega a try this year, especially for hte online capabilites. Thats gonna be kewl! It's hard to switch games though after years of getting used to one.

The thread says hockey GAME, not hockey SIM :p

NHL Hitz is indeed a hockey game! :eek:

stilly
10-04-2002, 05:45 AM
i bought nhl2002, never been a hockey fan, not really shown here in blighty. but what a game, love it, i bought it cos i needed to score goals,there was no football games out at the time. i think EA did a very good job. plays like a dream, i would rate it as my second fav game after halo. some much depth to it, and if you say segas gonna be better, then us newbie hockey fans are in for a treat. never under estimate the power of glove.

crazyotto
10-04-2002, 06:06 AM
I didn't but EA's NHL 2002 last year to wait for this years. Then I hear the news of EA not to have any Xbox Live games. So the wait will go on it Sega steps up and takes over. Again sorry for the bad poll. (I didn't even vote) I did mean sim, Hitz is still fun but... falls short.

JimmieDoogan
10-04-2002, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by CrazyCougar
NHL Hitz? That's not even a hockey sim!

EA's game doesn't play like a hockey sim... it's too arcady. Hell read any review of the newest EA NHL 2003 and you'll see that the reviewers agree... it's just an arcade game with lots of stats and modes.

Leviathon
10-04-2002, 03:45 PM
Never been much of a Hockey man.

Slim Shady
10-04-2002, 09:54 PM
OMG...Ea makes the best hockey.
NHL2003 Will Be Awesome.