PDA

View Full Version : timespliters

blonks
10-03-2002, 06:21 PM
TIME SPLITERS 2 SUCKS!!!!!! it takes a long time to kill someone and the sniper controls realy suck:mad:

Reclaimer
10-03-2002, 09:55 PM
I was unimpressed with the OXM demo. I found the graphics to be not as good as what I expected. Yes the controls where strange and I did not like sniping. I found the "wrist moves but not head to aim a gun" annoying, but I think that feature could be turned off. I don't know why OXM keeps pushing this game on the demo disks and they keep giving us this level. I think it was on 2 demo disks and it was the same snow level. They should have provided a different level the second time. Give me more. I am afraid that this will be another failed hyped game when it gets released. I read so much about the game in OXM articles but in the demo, I don't see what they are talking about. They are already toting the game as the next big thing since Halo. I doubt it. With 2 lack luster demos out, I don't see the proof that the game will out shine Halo. If I left it just to what I experienced on the demo disk, I wouldn't go anywhere near that game when it comes out.

fowlowl
10-05-2002, 01:44 PM
I dont understand. What was the snow level demo missing? I spend a lot of time going around finding demos to play. And Timesplitters was the best demo I've EVER played, keeping in mind that i've played the demos for Hitman2 and Unreal 2003.

Everyone b*tches about the controls, but it EASILY toggles on and off so it's just another convenient feature that most FPS's arent considerate enough to include. The weapons were great, the graphics were gorgeous, the gameplay is ridiculously addictive.

People worry that Timesplitters doesnt focus on plot--well it's a credit to Timesplitters that it doesnt depend on cutscenes. The plot unfolds brilliantly as you play the level. It's a lot funner when it's structured around your gameplay like in Halo. Halo didnt even need cutscenes.

We'll see whose right, only one more week.

HaloMasterVI
10-16-2002, 02:21 AM
I trust EGm's reviews over anyone else, and at egm.gamers.com the Xbox and PS2 versions were both rated with a "10" so I'll definately have to give it a rent.

NsomniA
10-17-2002, 08:45 AM
if there's an option to lock the sight in the center of he screen, i might get it. otherwise, it's just too much of a pain.

Slacker
10-22-2002, 12:05 PM
I think Free radical overestimated Gamer skill in this game, the complaints I have heard are all easly fixed, I own this game and so far I like it alot, Fun factor is up there with halo, the Aiming "problem" is simple just turn off your aiming, the sniping is awesome way more accurate than any Sniper rifle I have ever played, it just takes skill, so basically if your a Skilled gamer you should love this game,