PDA

View Full Version : best football game ever?

blonks
10-03-2002, 06:22 PM
whats the best football game ever made on any system?

Zion
10-03-2002, 06:57 PM
NFL 2k3. Why is that other junk even in the poll???

treyz3
10-04-2002, 08:23 AM
I think the question should be what is the best football franchise.

In that case there's no question that it's a race between Madden and Tecmo, both great franchises with long, storied histories.

I would certainly have included the 2K series on the list as it is easily third best over Fever and Blitz.

CrazyCougar
10-04-2002, 09:25 AM
Madden pretty much wins this hands down and I am sure the EA Haters that have been born this year (thats sad you losers) will vote NES just so EA dont get any votes. Tecmo had some great games to, but Madden just takes the cake. As for 2k3 they only caught up to the pack this year. Years before this the games were too arcade like. Yuck!

Fever, all I can say is..... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Give it up Microsoft, you arent going to compete with EA and Sega.

NFL Blitz? This isnt even a football sim. I played it and hated the thing. Some of it was funny, but it's not what I was looking for in a football game.

Zion
10-04-2002, 10:03 AM
Actually, Sega 'caught up' with the pack with 2k1. They were slightly better with 2k2, and this year they have completely blown Madden out of the water with 2k3. There's really no comparison. Madden is just too arcadey and cartoonish. The control is poor, and the passing is too easy. Madden is designed for part time football players who don't have the patience or knowledge to play a sim. 2k3 is the real mans football game.

CrazyCougar
10-04-2002, 11:19 AM
Zion, you are out of your mind. Sega fanboy!

I can almost bet there would be so many different opinions if Madden was online. Cutting down one of the great in the football line is completely insane. Madden has brought the football gaming world to what it is today, and Sega has brought a quality title this year to compete with Madden. Its only going to get better. Both 2k3 and Madden need work and can become better for next year. I can't wait to see the adjusments both companies make to their software. It all good for the football fans!

Zion
10-04-2002, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by CrazyCougar
Zion, you are out of your mind. Sega fanboy!

I can almost bet there would be so many different opinions if Madden was online. Cutting down one of the great in the football line is completely insane. Madden has brought the football gaming world to what it is today, and Sega has brought a quality title this year to compete with Madden. Its only going to get better. Both 2k3 and Madden need work and can become better for next year. I can't wait to see the adjusments both companies make to their software. It all good for the football fans!

Nah. After owning both Madden and 2k3, it took about 30 minutes to figure out that 2k3 is FAR superior to Madden. Now like I said, if you're not a big football fan or you're not good at football you'll like Madden better. But 2k3 is a real mans game. Madden is for the kiddies.