PDA

View Full Version : I Feel So Overwhelmed, anyone with me?

Leviathon
10-04-2002, 09:33 AM
Considering myself a rookie to the xbox world, and having waited almost a year before buying (which I am glad I did because of the recent price drops), I feel so freaking

OVERWHELMED

by all the new games coming out, and the games that have been out.

This is a time when I start thinking how it would be nice to be single again and be able to go to the store and buy 2 or 3 games and not even feel bad about it.

I feel like I am missing out on some good stuff. I don't know what to buy. I don't mind renting, but I hate waisting the money on renting too. The worst feeling is buying a game that you really think is going to be big, and then you hate it and sucks everything that ever existed.

Don't know what too do......going to crack.....any...moment....

Anyone else feel this way. I mean, it sounds like all you guys do is go to the store and buy 2-3 games at a time and play 24-7.

CrazyCougar
10-04-2002, 09:51 AM
Glad I got my Blockbuster rental card..LOL! Cause I sure cant' buy many games either. Family comes first, then their entertainment, then comes my entertainment if anything is left over...LOL!

Heavens Gate
10-04-2002, 10:27 AM
Actually, I spend more time with my Xbox and friends than with my own wife. I recently bought Conflict DS, Hitman2 and Ace Combat 4(PS2). I have over 30 games for Xbox, 15 for PS2 and ALOT for Dreamcast.My wife likes to go on vacation and I like Games. Always have and always will. I never changed when I got married. Actually , I did compromise my lifestyle as I don't go out and party as much. I only hang out with my brother and fellow gamers on fridays and sundays. We live and breathe computers and console games and computer tech sessions. Between Hitman 2, Desert Storm and Nascar thunder, I'm pretty busy lately. I recently went on vacation and all I could think about was playing the Xbox. I came home and found a bunch high quality titles and bought them all. She loves to gamble and I love Vid's. She's pretty happy with that , as I don't womanise and hang in strip clubs and drink and do drugs. I do drink on fridays. All in all, our relationship is great. If she ever raised a stink about it though, I'd let her go before my vid's and friends.

Chaotic
10-04-2002, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Heavens Gate
I'd let her go before my vid's and friends.

:confused:

I think you need to get your prioritys straight :rolleyes:

I'm hopeing that was only a joke :confused:

I mean in all honesty you would really can your wife for a video game:confused:

GokuX
10-04-2002, 10:53 AM
I rent all the time. I rarely buy games. I dunno I get bored of most games unless they have multi. I'm not one of those people that can replay a single player game a million times over to collect everything possible.

Afro Aura
10-04-2002, 11:15 AM
Yeah I know what you mean Leviathon. Now there are so many games to choose from (October-onwards) I don't know what to buy either I've got my eye set on Blinx, Panzer Dragoon, Brute Force, Projet Ego (Fable), Splinter Cell the list goes on, so I know what you mean being overwhelmed :eek:

anyway I'm off to pick up Hitman 2 in a bit :D

CrazyCougar
10-04-2002, 11:17 AM
I'd let her go before my vid's and friends.

Man I hope you were joking. If you werent, that is SAD! Really really sad!

Dre
10-04-2002, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by CrazyCougar

Man I hope you were joking. If you werent, that is SAD! Really really sad!

Who are you to judge? For me games are really important, if my wife (I don't have one yet) were to tell me after a couple of years of marriage that she didn't want me to play vid games anymore I'd be pìssed. She's supposed to know how important that stuff is to me and I wouldn't have married a woman that didn't know that and accepted me for me.

CrazyCougar
10-04-2002, 11:33 AM
Its still insane to say you'll drop your wife for video games. Thats just plain stupid.

Dre
10-04-2002, 11:36 AM
Its still insane to say you'll drop your wife for video games. Thats just plain stupid.

So's the wife trying to get me to stop doing something I love to do, trying to CHANGE ME. I wouldn't marry a woman like that and it would definitely make me think 2x about our relationship if my wife were to try and pull that kind of crap. Its not that its videogames, it could be anything you really love, its the principle.

Spaztic
10-04-2002, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Heavens Gate
Actually, I spend more time with my Xbox and friends than with my own wife. I recently bought Conflict DS, Hitman2 and Ace Combat 4(PS2). I have over 30 games for Xbox, 15 for PS2 and ALOT for Dreamcast.My wife likes to go on vacation and I like Games. Always have and always will. I never changed when I got married. Actually , I did compromise my lifestyle as I don't go out and party as much. I only hang out with my brother and fellow gamers on fridays and sundays. We live and breathe computers and console games and computer tech sessions. Between Hitman 2, Desert Storm and Nascar thunder, I'm pretty busy lately. I recently went on vacation and all I could think about was playing the Xbox. I came home and found a bunch high quality titles and bought them all. She loves to gamble and I love Vid's. She's pretty happy with that , as I don't womanise and hang in strip clubs and drink and do drugs. I do drink on fridays. All in all, our relationship is great. If she ever raised a stink about it though, I'd let her go before my vid's and friends. \

sounds like you got yourself a good girl!

Spaztic
10-04-2002, 11:46 AM

That is just the way he is! I would do the same thing....its sad to think about it that way but I enjoy video games, my future wife will know this, and if she can't deal with it, I show her the door. I admire Heavens Gate attitude(In a non-homosexual way!)! He knows what he wants and loves and is not going to let his wife get in the way of doing what he loves!

CrazyCougar
10-04-2002, 11:47 AM
My wife is totally kewl with my video games, occasionally she will pick up a controller and give it a try. But I be sure to give her and the kids their own time also. If in anyway videogames took time away from them, then the Xbox would be sold and all my time would get dedicated ot them until my priorities were straight. And I agree who you marry should be totally compatible with you and your hobbies. Other wise they would have married you. But some people may unfortunately "hide" a hobby like videogaming until the new marriage feeling wears off. Then the problems could arise. I am just saying I think family life is so much more important than visdeo games. Whatever happened to the 1800's when families were strong and true to each other. Today it seems like family life is a joke for many. Only a fraction hold family values true and dear to their heart.

Chaotic
10-04-2002, 12:06 PM
:confused:

I won't even get involved.:( :rolleyes:

Squidpie
10-04-2002, 12:51 PM
CrazyCougar.... you sound like a really great guy.... your wife and kids are lucky to have you.... I too wonder whats happened to family values....to the guys out there thats not married.. marry a girl that loves games too if you can find one... I know there are quite a few out there that do.

Spaztic
10-04-2002, 12:53 PM
yeah and they all look like dogs!

skysaw
10-04-2002, 12:58 PM
If your wife/gf isn't into gaming, do what I do. Convert 'em!

I swear my girlfriend is now more hooked than I am on DOA3. We pummel each other for a few hours at a time. But she was very tentative to pick up her first controller.

You just gotta find the game they'll like. Not everyone can be converted, but a good deal more than you'd expect. I'm happy to report a 100% success rate over the course of four long-term relationships. Less for the short-termers in betwee, but hey... conversion takes time!

Slacker
10-04-2002, 01:19 PM
I only Date girls that like Video games if I mention video games and they say "I don't like video Games" I leave, I seriously won't date girls that don't like them,

Leviathon
10-04-2002, 02:55 PM
Heavens Gate
Actually, I spend more time with my Xbox and friends than with my own wife. I recently bought Conflict DS, Hitman2 and Ace Combat 4(PS2). I have over 30 games for Xbox, 15 for PS2 and ALOT for Dreamcast.My wife likes to go on vacation and I like Games. Always have and always will. I never changed when I got married. Actually , I did compromise my lifestyle as I don't go out and party as much. I only hang out with my brother and fellow gamers on fridays and sundays. We live and breathe computers and console games and computer tech sessions. Between Hitman 2, Desert Storm and Nascar thunder, I'm pretty busy lately. I recently went on vacation and all I could think about was playing the Xbox. I came home and found a bunch high quality titles and bought them all. She loves to gamble and I love Vid's. She's pretty happy with that , as I don't womanise and hang in strip clubs and drink and do drugs. I do drink on fridays. All in all, our relationship is great. If she ever raised a stink about it though, I'd let her go before my vid's and friends.

If she ever raised a stink about it though, I'd let her go before my vid's and friends

This is exactly what is wrong with America, and the world. Personally I think Heavens Gate is just trying to get a reaction or response. If he really would do that, then he shouldn't have gotten married in the first place. Just remember, and this is for the guys and ladies out there. "What your spouses are not getting at home, they WILL get it somewhere else". Believe me, I have had some friends already go through divorces and it was over imature things that neither party (yes both are to blame) would not compromise or communicate to each other.

Last night we went to Walmart and bought Birthday and Christmas presents for our daughter. I stood in front of the wall of games at Walmart going man, I want that and that and that and that. But I said no. My Daughter comes first, then my wife, and the same goes for my wife, and I am fine with that I will never let her not have or get something that she needs because I want something. My wife and I agree that we both recieve after the needs of our daugther are met. That's why its Blockbuster for me.