PDA

View Full Version : EA Fears Sega Sports! Who are you with?

Ninja Scroll
10-04-2002, 03:32 PM
Without question in my eyes, Sega is the king od the sports gerne and EA fears Sega now that they are a 3rd Party Publisher and are developing on all consoles.

EA even moved NBA Live 2002 up to face NBA 2K3 head on in fear Sega would own all sales in it's first week. Here's da article on EA moving up Live to compete with 2K3 (http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/news/0,10870,2882397,00.html) next week.

EA may have da casual gamers fooled to still think Madden is better than NFL2K3, but everyone knows NBA Live is garbage, and NBA2K3 is the follow up to da best b-ball game ever last year!

Who are you with?

xboxmaster2002
10-04-2002, 03:39 PM
im with sega sports all the way **** EA they dont want to take advantage of the xbox i dont want anything to do with them... besides battlefeild 1942 on the PC and Nedd for Speed on PS2

spliffdUP
10-04-2002, 03:45 PM
I will never buy another EA game even if they decide to go online for Xbox next year. All Sega needs is a soccer game and they will be better in every sport.

Casper
10-04-2002, 03:49 PM
You know...and if you don't know...now u know....boy

S
E
G
A

All the way...I was once and EA devotee, but have found the light.

Ninja Scroll
10-04-2002, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by casper
You know...and if you don't know...now u know....boy

S
E
G
A

All the way...I was once and EA devotee, but have found the light.

And dats why your my #1 hoe!:D

Foe wheel doe, I wish all gamers would give Sega Sports a chance, then they will see da light too Casper.

btw, can you believe Ninja has never, eeeeeeeever bought an EA game!? dat includes everything, not just thier sports line.
I aint got no love foe dem fools. The screwed Sega back in da dayz with Saturn & DC.
And to think, it was Sega Genesis dat made dem jackasses!:rolleyes:

wweomaniac
10-04-2002, 05:32 PM
Basketball= Sega
Football=EA by a slight bit
Hockey=EA sports big time
Soccer=honestly... wo cares

most ppl in this forum dont like EA because the whole Madden not being on Live and that other stupid EA suck thread.

Only seems to be this forum. EA seems to be beating Sega in sales big time in sales of Maddn for XBox. NHL 2003 will obviously outsell 2k3.... dunno aboot basketball.

faceoff508
10-04-2002, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by wweomaniac
Basketball= Sega
Football=EA by a slight bit
Hockey=EA sports big time
Soccer=honestly... wo cares

most ppl in this forum dont like EA because the whole Madden not being on Live and that other stupid EA suck thread.

Only seems to be this forum. EA seems to be beating Sega in sales big time in sales of Maddn for XBox. NHL 2003 will obviously outsell 2k3.... dunno aboot basketball.

I agree, EA is a liitle more realistic in its football games, and has some very cool extras, while NFL 2k3 doesnt. Basketball, the clear winner is sega. Soccer goes to EA, and Hockey, as you said, EA wins.

wweomaniac
10-04-2002, 05:39 PM
I dont' think that EA is scared of sega.

I think that we all forget that Sega 2k3 moved its game up to compete with Madden this year.

came 10 days earlier then intially forecasted.

Slim Shady
10-04-2002, 07:12 PM
Live Isnt Gargage...have you seen the new feature that lets you control the player with doing dekes and faking out the guy with the right joystick....
Inside Drive Sucks ass....its so fu**** unrealistic, and crappy :)

Comic Book Guy
10-04-2002, 07:18 PM
Going with EA on this one just because the only game I play is Hockey and they make the better product.

wweomaniac
10-04-2002, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Slim Shady
Live Isnt Gargage...have you seen the new feature that lets you control the player with doing dekes and faking out the guy with the right joystick....
Inside Drive Sucks ass....its so fu**** unrealistic, and crappy :) I was talking aboot Live 2002. I did hear about all those new advanced features.... but I dunno aboot the engine still. And I still peceive it as less qaulity than 2k series because of past experiences with the game. I may try out Live because (like you probably) I read the IGN preview :)

Slim Shady
10-04-2002, 08:04 PM
I was talking aboot Live 2002. I did hear about all those new advanced features.... but I dunno aboot the engine still. And I still peceive it as less qaulity than 2k series because of past experiences with the game. I may try out Live because (like you probably) I read the IGN preview :)
how do you use the joystick and the face buttons at the same time?
....i liked nba live02...its my favorate b-ball game :)

mitchrules1
10-04-2002, 09:00 PM
go sega

thunderkiss2k1
10-04-2002, 09:32 PM
No doubt EA has been the sales leader for a very long time. So long in fact, that I believe they have become over-confident in recent years. Facts are facts: Sega has proven that it , more than EA, cares about the quality of its sports games. I'm with Sega. Peace.

evil xbox king
10-05-2002, 01:10 AM
I'm going with EA, not because of the quality of EA's games- It's because us Australian Gamers don't have a choice. Those ****** up Sega ******** aren't realeasing their ****** games in Australian and it's really ******* me off!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Bakeman
10-05-2002, 04:21 AM
Originally posted by Slim Shady

how do you use the joystick and the face buttons at the same time?
....i liked nba live02...its my favorate b-ball game :)

it's not at the same time...

the face buttons do the baisc moves.. and the right anolog stick does all the advanced dekes and spins, etc..etc...

Sounded VERY cool

I'll have to rent NBA Live 2003 just because of that. I had every NBA Live game since 95... And I thought NBA Live 2002 SUCKED!!

The thing I hated most was being able to run right through a player as if he wasn't even there.. that was so horrible..

Hopefully they fix alot of stuff and that new feature works good...

At this point I am still leaning towards NBA 2k3.... I really like Sega's basketball game too (I haven't owned one yet though lol) But having Live Enabed is such a big PLUS!

Ninja Scroll
10-05-2002, 08:44 AM
WOW, shows the XBA kids here know what they are talking about if the poll is any indication. Sega is destroying EA!!;)

And to the few peeps here who still think EA is worth a dime, why not read thing NBA2K3 Preview (http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/previews/0,10869,2881679,00.html) from gamespot and you will be educated to know NBA2K3 has all da moves Live has and then some!

Dont fake, you know Sega owns all!

And btw, you guys ranked each sport. Well I say EA only beats Sega is Hockey (yaaaaaaaawn, who cares) & Soccer.
But what about Tennis? EA fears making Tennis games. Shoot, even Nintendo can create a good Mario Tennis game for crying out loud.:rolleyes:
Well Sega owns EA in dat department too, cause Virtua Tennis & Tennis 2K2 are da greatest Tennis games ever.
And this is coming from someone who never cared about da sport until Venus & Serena Williams starting kicking all those cry babies asses, ala Jennifer Capreati, Hengis, & Davenport.

Naw Mean!?:D

kachingtensor
10-05-2002, 10:17 AM
LOL, Hingis & Capriati may be crybabies but Davenport isn't - she's played hurt most of her career.
The tennis sequel on DC didn't have enough players signed up, but I won't hold that against them.

Tiburon has some good talent, but I have to go with Visual Concepts and Sega as a whole over EA. I mean, Electronic Arts just plain sucks!:mad:

wweomaniac
10-05-2002, 10:32 AM
explain why the sales of EA sports games for XBox are still better than Sega sales...

way better..

kachingtensor
10-05-2002, 10:38 AM
EA has shelf space, TV ads, and the Madden name, which is a product-recognition goldmine.

odpr
10-05-2002, 11:30 AM
welp I wish I could be a sega one, I mean when I bought the console I finally wanted to enjoy other company sports line other then ea, that have nothing to offer for years, but I guess that in the socecer area, which is , the biggest selling game ever, electronic art is the leader, and unless sega will attack with soccer game of thier own, I guess they are going to be long behind the biggest company....

mmichael0
10-05-2002, 01:20 PM
Sega did have a very good soccer game - Sega Woldwide Soccer 97 for the Saturn & Windows PC's which was a lot better than FIFA 97 by EA Sports but not as good as ISS 64 on the N64.

IMHO Sega Sports are a lot better than EA Sports.
Is Sega bring out Virtua Tennis for the X-Box , I hope they do.:D

JeremyX
10-05-2002, 03:11 PM
No one beats SEGA!!!

That's the little fan boy in me talking. ;)

Ninja Scroll
10-05-2002, 10:45 PM
explain why the sales of EA sports games for XBox are still better than Sega sales...

way better..

You see junior, your all caught up in da EA hype. Just because a game sells more than another doesnt mean it's better. Just marketed, and hype very well.

You obviously never played 1 Sega Sports game or you would not be making foolish quotes.

You can EA dis and EA dat. But da fact of da matter is those jackasses are lazy punks. The ports all their PS2 games to Xbox. Unlike Sega who takes advatange of Xbox's power!
What ya gotta say about dat now?:rolleyes:

Heavens Gate
10-06-2002, 07:20 PM
I've been a long time SEGA fan and I can honestly say that SEGA'[s games are better. Hands down! EA is rehash after rehash. I owned a PS2 when it first came out. I owned Madden and soon got rid of my PS2 and Madden. I recently bought a PS2 when it went on sale and bought Madden again, except it was a couple years later. Madden hasn't changed. Look at the strides SEGA's sports games have taken. Their football games are better, tennis,basketball,baseball etc. Anybody that thinks Madden is a better game is nuts. No online play. Basketball??? NBA 2K2 won that by a 3 pointer. Baseball??? WSB vs. Triple play. OMG come on now. I won't go there. And they made tennis fans out of people who never even liked tennis with their game. And let's not forget the best game of all time....

SHENMUE 1 AND 2... 20 Million dollars to make part one and anyone who played it knows why. **** EA and their rehashes. They have their nose so far up Sony's ass they can smell the Ramen noodles they ate for dinner.:rolleyes:

japes1
10-06-2002, 08:21 PM
I brought World Series Baseball and that was the weakest baseball game i've ever played. I'm waiting for Microsoft to come out with their baseball game next spring.

peejay2288
10-06-2002, 08:34 PM
SEGA!!!!!!!!

X-Ray
10-06-2002, 08:45 PM
Sega is making better games now and will continue to do so in the future. I firmly beleive that EA has been complacent in their lead and lost a lot of creativity. Now theys rely on brand-name more than anything else--but that can only carry them short distances for a short time.