PDA

View Full Version : Gs Blinx Review

eceon
10-04-2002, 05:36 PM
6.3! a lousy 6 point f*cking 3.

that's **** poor. i thought this game was going to be the harbinger of all things great for xbox this fall. apparently not...

...well according to GS at least. go read it for yrselves...

e

btw - remember you have a mind of yr own and can tell a good game from a bad one. go rent it and make yr own decisions on this game.

wweomaniac
10-04-2002, 05:40 PM
i recal ign giving it a 9.1 right?

SiLvEr_ShAdOw_X
10-04-2002, 05:44 PM
" wweomaniac: i recal ign giving it a 9.1 right? "

I thought it was an 8.8

sinizuh
10-04-2002, 06:50 PM
yea, IGN gave blinx 8.8

eceon
10-04-2002, 07:10 PM
personally, i was never really interested in this title. platform titles don't really appeal to me. but, a 6.3 rating for Blinx is still very disappointing. microsoft spent a lot of time promoting this game as being groundbreaking and innovative, but Gamespot thought otherwise. the reviewer sounded as if the game was a drag and not fun at all. i am thoroughly disappointed with this review and hope that Gamespot is full of s*it, as they are at times. i was expecting at least an 8 from them. i dont know what else to say bout this... im kinda p*ssed.

i hope none of the games i preordered arent a let down like Blinx. im pretty sure i ordered the guaranteed AAA titles.

XBox Live Kit
Unreal Champ
Splinter Cell
DOAXVB
Shenmue 2
Steel Battalion

*keeps fingers crossed*

i wasnt worried before, but now i kinda am due to this particular Blinx review. what if all this is just s*it?!?! someone please tell me otherwise...

e

borka105
10-04-2002, 07:32 PM
GUYS THIS MAKES NO SENSE.......

How can 1 company give a game an 8.8 and another a 6.3

There can't be such a sway in a review........

It makes absolutely no sense.

IGN SAYS "This is a game on the standards of mario"
Gamespot SAYS "Blinx sucks, and so does everthing about it"

This makes no sense..................... 1 company can't praise a game like this, and another company dump it like this.........

-Borka105

odpr
10-04-2002, 07:46 PM
they have a better and high quality reviews then i ign, many times I read ign reviews of games that I saw, and the only thing that come to mind is that they never play them, or play them really short tam... this is why gs take so much time to write a review...

most of the time they are really right, they never missed a game that much, and there is, as they say, a lot of problems in the game..

borka105
10-04-2002, 09:02 PM
what ARE YOU CRAZY??????

IGN HAS A 5 PAGE REVIEW............. COMPARED to a 2 PAGE GAMESPOT REVIEW.

-Borka105

odpr
10-04-2002, 09:10 PM
we have to play and c, anyway , the minute I saw the preview of this game, and the movies of it, I had a feeling it's not going to be that amzing... actually the time changing thing sounded to me as something that can't be opratable, and u see in the game spot review that's exectly what happend, ign have wierd reviews,. not connected to anything, and saying that they wrtoe more ? so what? they can still play it for few sec and wrote even more!

game spot , at least what I read seem to have a point, but then again , play it and see for urself, it's going to take ages until it will come to pal version anyway....

robnyack
10-04-2002, 09:12 PM
well, what can you do? IGN gives it an 8.8, GS gives it a 6.3. That is quite a difference in opinion. So, that says to me, it's going to be up to the individual and his/her tastes.

I'll probably still buy it.

Shadow20002
10-04-2002, 09:47 PM
What i'm worry about is my own taste. Even with all the world says this is bad, why do you rent it and give it a try ? Maybe is fun for you. One thing you should know about Gamespot, the mods behind this web site are majority a "fan" of PS2. So don't expect to see a title rating above 9.0 except Halo. Just wait and see what we would get for Unreal Championship...

Slacker
10-05-2002, 01:09 PM
I never Base my choices on reviews, I listen to them , but Gamespot has the weakest reviews for all platforms , and is possibly the worst game site on the net, seriously the reviews are lazy and boring with no real content , IGN has better reviews but the best reviewer is your self , believe it or not some People liked Kabuki Warriors , and some people Hated Halo , so its totally up to you,

fowlowl
10-05-2002, 01:21 PM
That f*cking @sshole Greg Kasavin is c@ck gobbling sh*t. That little f*cker had a hard time with Blinx so he gave it a low score. If you dont like video games dont work for gamespot, and if Blinx is too hard for you, Greg, take a little time-out and get your mommy to make you a sandwhich, you ret@rded f*ck.

The only thing we have to go by is the graphics because we've seen plenty of screenshots and movies. Simply put, this game is one of the prettiest games around for xbox (the movies prove it). So his 7 for graphics proves he's full of sh*t.

DONT LISTEN TO GAMESPOT REVIEWS. They gave Mario Sunshine an 8. What the f*ck. Just wait till other reviews come out. And certainly the ign review should hold more weight. A beautiful game where you can manipulate time deserves more than a 6.3 regardless of Greg's defiency of proper motor skills. Maybe if Blinx had to ability to suck d*ck you'd like it more, Greg.

robnyack
10-05-2002, 05:02 PM
Maybe if Blinx had to ability to suck d*ck you'd like it more, Greg.

hmmm.....wouldn't we all

:D

Afro Aura
10-05-2002, 05:14 PM
come on guys as you can see he it still a bum chum for the PS2. the real rating will come from yourselfs, I'm definately getting this game no matter what this pr1ck says

wweomaniac
10-05-2002, 05:50 PM
here's the thing... I knew IGN was going to give Blinx a high score because they were really hyped up about the game before it came out. they went crazy about the game. And when teh game finally came out... their excitement also carrried into their review.. let's wait for more reviews before we judge guys.

IGN always does this. They get really excited and then give it a high mark. (ie. WWE Raw... Gunvalkyrie... etc)

Afro Aura
10-05-2002, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by wweomaniac
IGN always does this. They get really excited and then give it a high mark. (ie. WWE Raw... Gunvalkyrie... etc)
and whats wrong with Gun Valkyrie?
I think is one wicked game and damn hard

japes1
10-05-2002, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by borka105
GUYS THIS MAKES NO SENSE.......

How can 1 company give a game an 8.8 and another a 6.3

There can't be such a sway in a review........

It makes absolutely no sense.

IGN SAYS "This is a game on the standards of mario"
Gamespot SAYS "Blinx sucks, and so does everthing about it"

This makes no sense..................... 1 company can't praise a game like this, and another company dump it like this.........

-Borka105 It's all about money. If you want a good review you have to buy it. If you want Blinx then buy it. I'm sure it will be just as good if not better than any "Mario Whatever" game out there.

Shadow20002
10-05-2002, 07:52 PM
There are site calling http://www.gamerankings.com, in this site you would know what title is really good or bad. Because this site is near world wide web (staff members, fans, gamers, developers, etc) review for each game.

evil xbox king
10-05-2002, 08:18 PM
We do have a review system at XBA remember. Why don't we just go by what the people here say. Everybody who is reviewing the game is just a normal person who loves games and none of us are biased to PS2 (You better not be or I'll come pay you PS2 a visit with a sledgehammer:D ).

oddworld20-3000
10-05-2002, 09:35 PM
Don't believe gamespot. 8.0 for Hunter, 7.9 for oddworld they must hate xbox or something. They only rate PC games and PS2 games good.

eceon
10-06-2002, 02:02 AM
this whole Blinx issue just reminds me that game reviews should always be taken lightly. i find many problems in reading game reviews from people who are nothing like me at all. EGM, IGN, Gamespot, Gamepro... whatever. you ever catch the mugs and quotes of some of these reviewers? makes me ashamed of being a hardcore gamer sometimes. some of these reviewers seem like complete dorks who have no sense of taste nor imagination, and are soley concerned about their favorite Sobe drink, or action-figure, or something else gaay. there are exceptions to this of course (sushi x where are u?). Greg Kasavin. i hope you're reading this. fu*king fatass. :mad:

its the same thing with book reviews, movie reviews, music reviews...
rolling stone magazine gives 4 stars to about anything on a cd. does that mean you have to like the new U2 album? hell no! you like what YOU like. would you rate My Big Fat Greek Wedding 4 stars as well? well... i wouldnt. but, that's my opinion and my scale could be different from others.

just play the damn game and make up your own minds. personally, i think we need more Previews and less Reviews... again another opinion. ok im done.

e

Explosivo
10-06-2002, 01:08 PM
well OXMUK gave blinx a whopping 9.3 and they are very harsh reviewers.

the only game before blix to get a 9.0 was halo, the next best scores were 8.9

the only games to get 9.0+ in OXMUK are:

Halo - 9.7
Blinx - 9.3
Timesplitters 2 - 9.3
Rocky - 9.0

which makes you wonder what splinter cell and the lother potential AAA titles will get...

I predict that Splinter Cell will get 9.6

Highlite23
10-06-2002, 01:32 PM
It's been said before, but i'll say it again.......Judge for yourself.

The odd thing to me is that Blinx was one of the hottest games at E3, how often does a hot E3 title not lived up to it's potential?? Never, so i wouldn't take too much stock in the recent reviews.;)

Dre
10-06-2002, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by eceon
i hope you're reading this. fu*king fatass

Originally posted by fowlowl
That f*cking @sshole Greg Kasavin is c@ck gobbling sh*t. That little f*cker had a hard time with Blinx so he gave it a low score. If you dont like video games dont work for gamespot, and if Blinx is too hard for you, Greg, take a little time-out and get your mommy to make you a sandwhich, you ret@rded f*ck.

Eceon and especially fowlowl, you may not agree with a review, but to insult the man personally? You show an incredible amount of immaturity. I hope for your sakes this is an internet thing for you and isn't how you act in person.

Say whatever you will, but just imagine someone talking like that about you while you are doing your job. There is a big difference between getting your point across intelligently and trying to get a point across but coming off as being a knob.

eceon
10-06-2002, 09:27 PM
"Eceon and especially fowlowl, you may not agree with a review, but to insult the man personally? You show an incredible amount of immaturity."

...shut up. are you offended? if so, i apologize puss - eh - Dre. :)

e

Dre
10-06-2002, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by eceon
"Eceon and especially fowlowl, you may not agree with a review, but to insult the man personally? You show an incredible amount of immaturity."

...shut up. are you offended? if so, i apologize puss - eh - Dre. :)

e

No, if you can bring your reading skills to 3rd grade level you'll see I ain't offended. Just thought I'd have a laugh pointin out how lame u sound. Meh, whatever dude.

fowlowl
10-06-2002, 10:07 PM
I went to gamespotting 57. I immediately clicked on Greg kasavin's article as I've come to detest him after he crushed my enthusiasm for Blinx. Interestingly enough, on his now playing list are the games Hitman 2, NOLF2, WC3, T4, DD, Mafia, GTA3, and guess what...BLINX.

Now thats kind of odd. He gave Blinx a 6.3 which is an awfully mediocre score for one of his favorite games at the moment. Odd isnt it. Seems like he's too embarrassed to go back and fix his underrated review. The olympics is not the only place with questionable, unfair judging.

IS THAT MATURE ENOUGH FOR YOU, DRE?

Dre
10-06-2002, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by fowlowl
I went to gamespotting 57. I immediately clicked on Greg kasavin's article as I've come to detest him after he crushed my enthusiasm for Blinx. Interestingly enough, on his now playing list are the games Hitman 2, NOLF2, WC3, T4, DD, Mafia, GTA3, and guess what...BLINX.

Now thats kind of odd. He gave Blinx a 6.3 which is an awfully mediocre score for one of his favorite games at the moment. Odd isnt it. Seems like he's too embarrassed to go back and fix his underrated review. The olympics is not the only place with questionable, unfair judging.

IS THAT MATURE ENOUGH FOR YOU, DRE?

Yup, up until that last comment I actually thought you had some intelligence! Oh well...

eceon
10-07-2002, 12:17 AM
"meh, whatever dude"

:o

e

fowlowl
10-07-2002, 12:48 AM
LOL, DRE. Yeah my intelligence has sought refuge years ago. I think my decreasing intelligence correlates well with my increasing interest in girls and video games.

As for Gamespot, I went on and read their next article in gamespotting 57. It was an article regarding the complaints of their reviews. The article addressed how their reviews should be used by gamers to assess games, but also addressed how reviewers disagree with and are not pleased by the reviews and scores. This is an obvious shortcoming of Gamespot's rating and reviewing system.

A review is useless unless it agrees with the general consensus. Giving SMS an 8.0 tells the public that SMS is not as good as it really is or as good as people have thought--when clearly people really like SMS. A 6.3 means dont buy Blinx, and I dont want to miss out on buying a great game just because some nerd had a temper tantrum when playing.

Well f*ck you, Greg, I'm buying Blinx regardless of what you say, you video gaming Nazi.

skysaw
10-07-2002, 08:41 AM
I can't understand the surprise nor the outrage. So someone didn't like it... why the beef?

Ever notice that on these very boards one person loves a game while another trashes it? Ever read the quick user reviews on xbox.com? Everyone either gives a title a 1 or a 5. Well guess what folks? Reviewers have opinions too. Amazing! Who would have thought it!? They didn't hype the title (still gave it a better than average score), why are you sweating it?

If your tastes are different than a particular reviewers, read someone else's reviews. Doesn't make you or anybody else wrong. There is no absolute in quality, especially for something as subjective as a game.

Lastly, when in doubt, rent it first.

eceon
10-07-2002, 02:19 PM
"Well f*ck you, Greg, I'm buying Blinx regardless of what you say, you video gaming Nazi."

hehehehe

you're a funny guy, fowl. but, don't let anyone get under yr skin. that's what this whole thread is all about (or has come to mean). we must not let other people's opinions get in the way of how we go about our lives (or the games we play, for that matter).

i will definitely be renting Blinx first so that i may come to a conclusion of my own. such a review warrants a bit of precaution.

e

ps - we should start clans in every live game and call ourselves "Greg Kasavin". we will just stand there and get shot and die many many times. soon, the whole world will see how much this man sux!

fowlowl
10-08-2002, 01:13 PM
LMOA, ECEON. That would be a great way to smear Greg Kasavin's name. Choose Greg Kasavin as my gamertag, and have the crappiest record ever on XBOXLIVe--brilliant, eceon.

As if he didnt smear his name already with that review.

Maybe, Blinx really sucks. NAH. Greg Kasavin---0 kills and 3724 deaths--I like the sound of that.