PDA

View Full Version : NFL2K3 Play of the week

spliffdUP
10-05-2002, 01:46 AM
Has anyone ever gotten the play of the week? Is it even possible? I remember one game I completed a pass dodged 4 tackles ran 60 yards and just barely stretched into the endzone with a defender right behind me. I thought for sure I would get play of the week, but after the game I watched in horror as the play of the week was a 20 yard field goal by the lions kicker, and they got blown out that game.

Pipetender
10-05-2002, 11:02 AM
What mode has play of the week? How do you view it anyway?

spliffdUP
10-05-2002, 04:10 PM
Season and franchise mode. You press start after all the games are done for the week to watch a recap of the games and then the highlight of the week. I thought it was supposed to do it automatically so i missed it for the first few weeks of my franchise but then i found out you have to press start if you wanna watch it.

digital Bath
10-05-2002, 07:08 PM
I don't think that it's possible to get the play of the week.

I returned a interception for a 98 yard TD and watched Kurt Warner throw a 30 yard pass in a game they lost. It sucks. :mad:

Pipetender
10-05-2002, 09:02 PM
Well that just sucks.

peejay2288
10-05-2002, 10:07 PM
I'M TIRED OF ALL THE HIDDEN SHIIT IN THIS GAME!!!! I KEEP HEARING ABOUT NEW OPTIONS, NEW PLAYS, NEW THIS, NEW THAT....why doesn't the manual tell you all this!?!!?! I'm about to go jump off a bridge!!!!

chili325
10-08-2002, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by peejay2288
I'M TIRED OF ALL THE HIDDEN SHIIT IN THIS GAME!!!! I KEEP HEARING ABOUT NEW OPTIONS, NEW PLAYS, NEW THIS, NEW THAT....why doesn't the manual tell you all this!?!!?! I'm about to go jump off a bridge!!!! Can i take ur spot in the league? after the bridge thing of course:) Oh....and if ur not to keen on jumping...u should drown urself in the sink. Its worked for me twice already!!!

Robflare
10-08-2002, 02:22 PM
I new nothing about the play of the week. Also, why does it say "stay tuned for the highlight show after the game?" Are there highlights that I'm missing. This is a big poopy stain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wweomaniac
10-14-2002, 11:35 AM
lol... I never knew aboot the play of the week either.

I also never read the manual so I won't blame that for not tell me there was one :)

I could care less... I play for the pure enjoyment of having afun time with buddies.

Halo Evolved
10-14-2002, 01:20 PM
I hate the Play of the Week, it is always one of so many predone plays that they simply change the team uniform in the highlight. Now if they were "actual" plays that occured in the games from the franchise/season than it wouldn't be so bad because you would always have a different play as the 'Play of the Week' but instead we are treated to the same plays over and over just like the season recap when the credits roll......it is always the same plays just with different team uniforms depending on who you chose to go through the game with.

*YAWN*

But none the less 2K3 is a killer football game and I love it.

DZNUTZ
10-14-2002, 04:30 PM
btw....the play of the week is not a recycled same play.
i have seen them difer

also u can make player of the week...and thought u could even make play of the week.

CrazyCougar
10-14-2002, 04:39 PM
Go to Segasports.com and download the full version of the manual there. Lots of information you are seeking in that manual.

Xbox Owner
10-15-2002, 05:51 AM
Originally posted by Halo Evolved
I hate the Play of the Week, it is always one of so many predone plays that they simply change the team uniform in the highlight. Now if they were "actual" plays that occured in the games from the franchise/season than it wouldn't be so bad because you would always have a different play as the 'Play of the Week' but instead we are treated to the same plays over and over just like the season recap when the credits roll......it is always the same plays just with different team uniforms depending on who you chose to go through the game with.

*YAWN*

But none the less 2K3 is a killer football game and I love it.

I was just going to post that..:D :cool:

Marc_01
10-23-2002, 08:16 AM
http://www.sega.com/help/manuals/NFL2K3_XBOX.pdf

Marc_01
10-23-2002, 08:49 AM
I was about to take this game back because the defensive controls sucked. In the printed manual, the defensive controls are jump, dive tackle and move around. When i got 2k3 the other day, i was like this can't be.

I'm glad to find out in the online manual; Pressing L or R + Y or A or B or Y will shove, rush, spin or swim in that direction.

Robflare
10-23-2002, 09:08 AM
Marc01

Thanks so much for the manual updated link! Just printed it out. Don't laugh at me guys, but I played NFL Fever at Best Buy yesterday and really liked it. It was nice being able to complete a pass. It feels more like Tecmo Bowl.

Later!